All teen and kid member reviews for Saffy's Angel

Kid, 10 years old March 31, 2010

I thought this book was great, and was very funny. The only things I am concerned about are role models, because Saffy's aunt (Eva) lets the kids do dangerous things that parents should NOT let there kids do, and Sarah is spoiled and may have younger kids think that they can get whatever they want just because they whine alot. Also, I think that the author should put the series number on the front of the book, because I heard that there were three books (Saffy's Angel, Indigo's Star, and Perminent Rose) and I got confused and mixed up. But other than that, I think it is great and very funny and everyone would enjoy it.
Kid, 10 years old July 7, 2011

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I absolutely LOVE this book cause of the characters
Teen, 15 years old Written byVivian_L September 4, 2009

Favorite book from when I was young~

I first read this when I was about 8 or 9, and I really loved it. I reread it again a year ago, and I still loved it. It's a great book with a great theme, and I recommend it to everyone.

Teen, 13 years old Written byNatasha2 April 9, 2008

A funny, good book

Saffy's Angel is about a girl named Saffy. She lives with her aunt and her cousins, but she's always thought of them as her parents and brother and sisters. When her Grandfather dies, he leaves something for each of his grandchildren. To Saffy, he leaves her "Angel". She thinks it is in Italy, at her moms old house. Her rich, spoiled friend Sarah gets to go on a trip to Italy, and Saffy stows away with her. This book was funny and interesting. I thought Eve (Saffy's Aunt) was funny and I liked the idea of their messy, artistic house. Also, the most funny parts were with Saffy's cousin Caddy and her driving instructor, Michael, who secretly have crushes on each other.

Wonderful!

I love this book, mostly because of the characters. The story focuses on The Casson family. Both of the Casson parents are artists, although Bill is a "professional" artist and lives and works in London whereas Eve simply paints in her shed. Their children, Cadmium, Saffron, Indigo and Permanent Rose (Caddy, Saffy, Indy and Rose) are the best though. They are all named after paint colors, and each are dealing with some kind of problem; Rose is helping Indigo overcome his fear of heights by jumping out of a windows with him; Caddy is trying to learn to drive while flirting with her driving instructor, Michael, who is fending her of with an imaginary girlfriend; and Saffy , with her newfound friend Sarah, is trying to find her Angel. Michael's reaction is priceless when he drops Caddy of at her house only to find that she has to retrieve indigo, who is sitting with his legs out of a second floor reaction. A good book for every one, but under 8 might not understand parts of the plot and character reactions.