All member reviews for Scarlet: The Lunar Chronicles, Book 2

Fiery, fantastic Cinder sequel ups the action-violence.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycait luvs bbc December 30, 2013

Scarlet doesn't dissapoint and reaches new heights

The second book to the Lunar chronicles is just as good as the first with Cinder finding out that she is the princess of Lunar that was supposedly dead, it brings more responsibility on her to step up her game. It also brings more trouble to her running from basically the whole world. The book also introduces a few new characters like the captain who is a sure trouble maker, but means well and helps Cinder. The book also introduces Scarlet who is like the fairytale character red riding hood, and brings alone wolf, a genetic engineered person from Lunar. Scarlet is trying to find her grandma and Cinder is trying to find that same person too. and it all leads down from there. The second book is just as thrilling as the first, but with more troubles and violence alone the way so be aware of what you can handle but, is a good book for tweens and teens
Kid, 12 years old February 5, 2013

So Freaking AMAZING!!!

I was in love with Cinder when i first read it, and couldn't wait to get Scarlet, and i waited for a couple months for it to come out. I was lucky enough to get an advanced readers edition from my friend who works at the book center in my town. I started the book two days after i got it, and finished it in two days. I was so into it, and i didn't want to put it down. Scarlet is so sweet, and Cinder is strong willed and nice. There is some violence and kissing in the book, but nothing that kids over the age of 11 can't handle. Some language, but not too strong. Scarlet is a positive role model because she never gives up and keeps fighting for what she loves and believes in. This has to be one of the best books i have ever read in my entire life, and I can't believe i have to wait a year for the next book to come out!!! Perfect book for depressed twihards who need a new book to obsess over. Anybody who likes YA novels with love this book. Love this with all my heart. Warning: you will cry when it is over, not because it is sad, but because you will never want it to end. :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byNarwhalLover13 January 18, 2015

Read this NOW

Just go and do it.. READ! Im so completely obsessed with this series and so I would love for you to get obsessed too!
Adult Written byHippocampus April 19, 2015

Scarlet

I think this is a grey book, but violent, and it has some descriptions that might give kids, nightmares. If your kid is emanational unstable, DO NOT LET THEM READ IT!
Teen, 17 years old Written bygilly_boy May 21, 2014

What's Not to Love

Well this certain won't disappoint, we meet Scarlet, a person a rebel can really connect to; Wolf, what can I say but love the guy because he is just like a big puppy; and "Captain" Thorne, a trouble maker that thinks too highly of himself. With each step of this exciting journey, the plot thickens to a point you can cut it with a butter knife. You just got to love how nicely these stories have been intertwined. Although this question just popped in my head: If Scarlet is a quarter Lunar, does she have those powers too?
Teen, 13 years old Written byTripCandle December 14, 2015

This is where it gets complecated.

Scarlet is a little violent compared to Cinder and Cress, probably Winter too (which I haven't read yet.) but all in all, a good book
Kid, 12 years old October 30, 2014

Where do I Start?

This book is amazing. Marissa Meyer did an amazing job writing the characters. I loved the couple, Scarlet and Wolf. Scarlet is fiesty, funny, and she is not afraid to speak her mind. Wolf is more quiet and mysterious, but the connection and chemistry between him and Scarlet is amazing.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylittle.miss.reader August 16, 2016

Great book, although a little gory

I love the Lunar Chronicles, but this one might be my least favorite. Marissa Meyer once again created a wonderful sci-fi book that I was unable to put down. It is very well-written and everyone should read it. The only problem is the violence. I'm not squeamish at all when it comes to violence, but this book made me squeal with disgust. The violence is needed, but is quite gross. Make sure you or your kid is okay with gory violence before allowing them to read it. I hope me review helped.