All member reviews for Scott Pilgrim Series

Kid, 12 years old August 13, 2014

Great

It's almost like a coming of age story for scott who represses his memories to seem innocent despite him being The cause of his own life problems Negascott is an example to kids on how they should own up to their mistakes instead of fighting them or leaving them behind Ramona is just as flawed of a character due to her cheating however they look beyond each others flaws and get together Side note volume 6 is somber and symbolic with mild gore such as scott being impaled and bisected and there are more instances of swearing all in all it is a good story there is drinking and smoking and occasional sexual intercourse. (Too much violence is for vol.6 specifically )
Kid, 9 years old January 12, 2011

SCOTT IS BAD CAUSE BEATS UP PEOPLE WALLACE DESERVES TO BE AN EVIL EX INSTEAD OF A ROOM MATE OF SCOTT
Kid, 10 years old October 24, 2011

amazing

These are some of the best graphic novels ever.
Kid, 10 years old June 17, 2011

Awesome original Scott Pilgrim book.

I never really liked comic books (that term excludes manga), but this is awesome. Even as awesome as the movie! There is some cussing but nothing too bad.
Kid, 11 years old October 22, 2010

I just got into manga, and want to say that this is one of the best books i've ever read. The characters in this series are energetic and positive, but they do bad things, such as giving the finger twice (Once by an eight year old) and cursing, d**n, b**ch, and one use of p**sy. Can i also mention that scott and ramona almost have sex on there first date? Scotts roomate is really gay, and you can see him making out with another gay kid. The bands name is sex bob-omb also. Thats pretty much it, and if your mature you can hande this book. However, if your not... put down this book right now!
Kid, 10 years old July 23, 2010

This is a unbeliveable good series. I got the first 3 books in a bundle. I finished them on the same day, and I enjoyed em. I allow this for 12 year olds cause it has sex refrences, some drugs, Language and violence. When Envy calls Scott, Scott is on the floor, and wallace asks whats wrong, and he notices that envy called scott. Wallace then says $hit. it is kinda suprising, cause it is a T rated book series.
Teen, 17 years old Written bysaibhandari January 3, 2015

Great series!

Scott Pilgrim is an amazing series of graphic novels :) The overall message of the series is positive (true love, good overcomes evil etc) However, there are a lot of adult themes and therefore I think that whilst it is suitable for the majority of teens, anything below should depend on their individual maturity and understanding of things such as sex, drugs and violence. I wouldn't say there is TOO MUCH of anything in these books, however I will put in the little symbols below just to show what actually shows up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMr.hx1 June 3, 2014

The Best Book Ever

This is a really good book series. All the touches and art put in by the author is unbelievable. But, could be problem for non-teens.
Kid, 12 years old April 27, 2014

Must read manga!!!

At first I wasn't interested in mangas at all. But after I read the first part of Scott Pilgrim I was amazed that a manga turned out so good! The comic had great characters a great story and exciting moments. A great book for also non manga fans to read!!!
Kid, 12 years old June 8, 2013

I love it!!!

This book series is actually very promising, with the story about 23 year old Scott Pilgrim whose dating 17 year old Chinese high schooler Knives Chau. However, Scott falls in love with Ramona Flowers, a mysterious pink-haired roller skater that skates through his dreams (no, literally, she roller skates through his dreams randomly). They start a relationship, but apparently Knives and Ramona aren't the only ones after Scott. Anyone mature enough to handle the content in this book will enjoy it a lot. That said, there's a lot of jokes about sexual stuff, like Scott's gay roommate, Wallace seducing other guys. Wallace and another guy make out, Knives throws herself on Scott and kisses him, Scott's band name is "Sex Bob-omb," and finally, Scott and Ramona kiss, make out, and eventually almost have sex (they still have clothes on). That one scene is about as mature as it gets. READ THIS BOOK NOW. You will not regret it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymajorjay18 November 24, 2011

Great comics, but is dialogue too much?

I am 14 years old. When i finished the first book, I instantly fell in love with the series. These books provide a romantic comedy with action in between. What kids should interpret about the series is it's messages and what the characters put out. there are many sexual references and some swear words here and there. Parents may want to read before letting their kids (especially the coming-of-age kids) read these comics. I would recommend this to a friend.
Kid, 12 years old June 9, 2011

Teens and up

Although I read this at 11 it does contain some pretty iffy content. The 3rd book especially contains numerous scenes were sex is referenced. The aftermath (people in bed) is regularly shown throughout the series. Several scenes include gay sex and a drunk kiss between two girls is depicted. Drinking is often depicted and almost every character is drunk in one scene or another. Use of language is regular, including several uses of the middle finger, once by a tween drummer. The violence is mostly bloodless until the volume.6 when blood is gratuitous and sprays and leaks from wounds.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFruity cutie098 April 26, 2011

Perfect for Manga lovers and middle schoolers but not for little kids

This is a funny book. I only read the last book but it still was entertaining. I agree it has some content not suitable for kids under the age of 12 but it is really cute. There are some gay people in the story and scott and wallace talk about sex. in some parts scott makes out with knives, kim, and ramona. this story is soo cute and i like how much scott loves ramona.
Kid, 11 years old January 12, 2011

Worst Book Ever!

I hated it. Too much sex, drinking, and violence. Never get this book. It belongs in the trash.
Kid, 12 years old December 13, 2010

Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

some bad words but one funny comic
Teen, 13 years old Written bymnsymphony August 26, 2010