All member reviews for Second Helpings

Readers will devour fun, surprisingly rich sequel.

Adult Written byjess7756 February 4, 2009

this book is awesome!!!!!!!

this book is an awesome book... it basically tells life as it is... theres nothing irrelevant in this book that a teen shouldnt know... it is pretty much a part of life that almost every girl goes through... and boys as well... i recommend this book to anybody that is mature enough to understand what life is all about in the real world... in the eyes of a girl...
Teen, 15 years old Written byZarashen September 21, 2010

Perfect for teens

AMAZING BOOK!
Teen, 17 years old Written bystarinatstars03 February 26, 2010

*******

Jessica Darling is just your average teenager, well besides her ivy league smartness. I think that McCafferty deals with a lot of real teen issues that are happening today. I think it would be beneficial for all teens to read this. And whether parents would like to admit it or not, these things are happening at ages as young as 11 or 12. I recommend this for readers thirteen and up, but not because of the minor drug use or the profanity, or even the sexual mentions. The reason i picked the age 13 and up is simply because i think that some of McCafferty's humor would be wasted and would go over some childrens heads. (Note: I'm not saying all because there are some very sophisticated pre-teens out there.)
Teen, 17 years old Written byshawty52 November 5, 2009

Adult Written byabarber09 March 17, 2009

Very Relateable

As a senior in high school, it seems like I know just what Jessica Darling is going through. Her self esteem, love, and friend issues are bigger than just the book. They happen in real life and I, as well as many high school kids, can relate to Jessica's struggles.
Adult Written byfr0stedshad0w April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written bysillycourt401 April 9, 2008

this book was great!

ive never felt more liker her. i know exactly where shes coming from. the worrys of getting in to college from boys and snotty girls. i can so relate. i would so tell ppl to read this book. kids like 15+ because there are some sexual things in it.