All member reviews for Sent: The Missing, Book 2

Intriguing premise, but too much exposition.

Kid, 8 years old March 6, 2011

GOOD

GREAT BOOK FRIENDS HELP FRIENDS IN THIS 15TH CENTURY MYSTERY
Teen, 14 years old Written byLizzybeth January 12, 2010

Amazing book, can't wait for the next one!

Sent is very hard to stop reading. I had been waiting for this book for a long time when I finally got my hands on it. The author is amazing and I love this book just as much as her other ones. It is set in 15th century England, and they end up in a major battle in the end. There is lots of character development between Jonah and his sister, as well a Chip and Alex, the new kid. You will appreciate this book more if you read Found first, but it is amazing either way.
Kid, 12 years old June 19, 2014

just plain good

this one is waaaaay better than the first one. or maybe thats because i like 1482...
Teen, 14 years old Written byMc876423 May 26, 2014

Sent

Sent is the second book in the Missing series by Margaret Peterson Haddix. Margaret Peterson Haddix has written more than thirty books. Some of Mrs. Haddix other books are Just Ella; The Always War; and Game Changer. Also Mrs. Haddix won more than a dozen of state reader’s choice awards. The theme to this book is that our duty is to be useful, not according to our desires, but according to our powers. The genre to this book is science fiction. Sent is about Jonah and Chip who found out in the last book that they are the part of the missing children from history but before they can acknowledge it they are hurtled to 1483. In 1483 Jonah, Katherine, Chip and Alex discovers that Chip and Alex are the missing princes from the Tower of London. The only way for them to get back to their present-day home is to set history right. If they want to set history right can they find a way to keep Chip and Alex alive because they were meant to die in 1483? Additionally, Mrs. Haddix shows how the characters are distinctive by using character actions. For instance, in the book they show Katherine as a confident person. This is shown when she says to Jonah and Chip, “Well? Do I have to do everything” (121)? This quote shows that people without confidence would be afraid to try something new and people with confidence wouldn’t be afraid to risk their lives for others or try something new. Mrs. Haddix shows how the characters are distinctive throughout Sent. In the end I thought Sent was a very educational book because it teaches you the history of the disappearance of the two young princes in the Tower of London. I think this book is a positive role model for kids because the characters are faithful, clever, fearless and determined. As a final point I would give this book four out of five stars and recommend it to ages 11 and up.
Kid, 12 years old September 27, 2010

Awesome book!!!!!!! It rocks because if you love time travel novels than this is the one for you!
Kid, 11 years old April 24, 2010

I Just Love This Book!

Its a great book! I love this series! Its a great book!
Kid, 11 years old December 19, 2009

...............

its acually pretty good!
Kid, 10 years old December 6, 2009

A great follow-up!

I really enjoyed reading this. I found this an interesting version of 'the princes and the tower'. This book is educational as it tells you some about history. Ages 10 and up because younger readers might not understand parts.