All member reviews for Seven Wonders Book 1: The Colossus Rises

Super-teens clash with ancient history in OK series start.

Kid, 11 years old March 6, 2013

Great book!

It was a great book, I would highly recommend it if you are a Percy Jackson or 39 clues fan,it is VERY mellow in terms of things that can be found as inappropriate, except at one point in the book a girl sais , "well, this is the first time I've been in a bathtub with a guy"
Parent Written byyounghorses December 26, 2015

Graphic scenes I wasn't aware of

I read reviews of this book before starting to read it to my almost 10 year old and thought it sounded great. We read the Percy Jackson and Kane series together and have started HP as well. So I was looking forward to some historical fiction or education of some kind as far as the seven wonders is concerned. While this book is exciting and pretty clean, I would say that nobody mentioned anything about the EXTREMELY graphic part about 3/4 through the book where one of the main characters falls the equivalent of 15 stories and his body is found with chunks of body parts MISSING, teeth scattered like chiclets, face misshapen- all graphically described by the author. My son wasn't sure if he'd be able to fall asleep that night because he said he couldn't get the image of strewn body parts out of his mind. Overall this book is fine (no actual historical education going on in this first book at least) but sure wish I'd been prepared with that part of the story before delving into it with my kid. For the age range specified, and as tame as the rest of the book is, I thought that part made the whole book inappropriate for my nearly 10 year old. Star rating would have been higher if there was a truly historical value to reading this, as I had imagined.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKayleigh146104 December 16, 2014

Seven Wonders

I think that this I great to read for everyone 11 and older because it has so exploring and it does have some inoprprite stuff like it talks about guts but it is for more approperate kids
Teen, 15 years old Written byAstra747 March 24, 2016

Overall good

There is just enough suspense for even me, a kid who never could read more than one Percy Javkson or 39 Clues book. There also were some historical facts I didn't know, which was nice. One thing I thought wasn't the best though was the body parts strewn around when three main characters found their friend (book will tell). But if you don't mind that, go on ahead and read it!