All member reviews for Shiver

Teen, 14 years old Written byVeldori November 8, 2009

Beautiful, enthralling piece of literature.

This book is, hands down, beyond the slightest shred of a doubt, the most breathtaking, beautiful, solemn, heartbreaking piece of literature gold that I have ever beheld in my entire life. More so than Harry Potter, Maximum Ride, Silverwing, Julie of the Wolves, and Warriors put together. It has struck me to the core, more moving than any melody, lyric, or song that I have heard. In its entirety, this book is beyond comprehensive thought. I cannot express in words how I feel about this book. The writing has a smooth, lyrical flow, but the story in itself is complex. Fans are calling it the "new Twilight", but it is so much more than that. Twilight was literature junk - Shiver is the most beautiful book I have ever had the pleasure of reading.
Teen, 14 years old Written byemqueen March 23, 2011

...

i loved this book! Maggie Stiefvater is an amazing writer
Teen, 16 years old Written byCiave December 30, 2010

Perfect for Teens

I highly recommend this book. Maggie Stiefvater is such an AMAZING writer.
Kid, 10 years old May 4, 2011

i was wondering if this book is similar to the book "Beastly" By Alex Flinn cuz if it is i can read it no prob
Kid, 10 years old April 5, 2011

My online friend recommended this book and I'm 10 almost 11 do u guys think I'll like this book p.s. I know alot more than most 10 year olds and I am more mature than most. So tell me what y'all think?
Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2011

Scared ,about the DEATH of WOLVES

I think that the book is okay but it does have a few swear words within the book but i think it still has a good imagination in the book but i doesn't make sense if the book is called shiver and there are wolves in it then why does it keep on going back to school and home.
Teen, 14 years old Written by121charmed October 18, 2009

Perfectly paced romance story! Never read anything like it!

I'd really loved this book because it's not one of those books that's got loads of action and you can't keep up with everything. It's nicely paced but not that there's nothing going on. A really lovely, kinda sad, romance story. Not the average, boy meets girl story. Grace has been watching the wolf in the woods behind her house for years. But then she meets Sam who reminds her of her wolf. The struggle that they go through is what makes the book brilliant! They don't have much time together either which makes you fall in love with the character fast! Well worth the read.
Teen, 14 years old Written byB-Ball-Lover May 5, 2011

I love this book! My friend Trystian recomended it to me. I think that i have read it a total of 7 times. It is AMAZING!!!!
Kid, 11 years old October 26, 2009

a great read

i loved this book!!!!!! its so good. twilight lovers(like me) would love this book. you can relate to the charaters.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylucky7babe March 20, 2011

best book everrr(:

loveeeeed this book! <3 one of my favoritess(:
Teen, 14 years old Written byTwilightluver16 March 4, 2010

Great book!!!

I luved this book it was soooooo good!!! I read where theres gonna be another one coming out in July called Linger the second book in the series!!!! Also theres gonna be a movie coming out to Shiver!!!!! Im soooooo excited!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byMizKitty January 26, 2011

What was Ms. Stiefvater Thinking

This book is totally not on for kids 13+. The youngsters that read this book should know that sex is a bad thing to do at seventeen and eighteen. Also that they should never be like these horrible people that Ms. Stiefvater has written about. The few pages in the book that had the part where Grace and Sam had sex was not supposed to be in a preteen to young adult book. There are no details, which I guess is good, but they still aren't good role models. Their language is not okay for a thirteen year-old, though. The message that this book the Ms. Stiefvater has written sends out the message is that it is perfectly save to have boys sleep in your bed without your parents permission and have sex with them and that message is not okay. What was Ms. Stiefvater thinking. Wtiting a book with that type of material in a book for preteens, teens and young adults. It just infuriates me that some human beings are just so daft. Those are the only comments from MizKitty!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byBookNookUnited January 20, 2011

Perfect for teens, iffy for tweens.

Teen, 16 years old Written byshinya.fan January 1, 2011

Ehh...

This book is really predictable, and to be honest, a let-down. It's well written, but it's just a fluffy romance. This website is horribly mistaken by labeling this as "horror." As the only horror this book contains is the predictable, done many times over plot. If you're looking for a girl meets boy, boy and girl fall for each other insanely rapidly book, with the occasional beautified "werewolf" thrown in, I guess this would be your book.
Teen, 14 years old Written byI love the book... April 3, 2011

Good for mature tweens. Great for teens.

Shiver is an excellently planed out book. It had me reading its pages every chance I got. If you're under 13 you should know that Grace and Sam do have sex and that Sam's parents tried to murder him. This is not so much a romance novel but a little bit about the story of an abused child. Also, there is some swearing here and there and a little bit of violence.
Teen, 17 years old Written byWonderReader December 13, 2010

Overall a very enjoyable book

This book has to be one of my favorites. It seems like it has a better execution then twilight.Besides the sex scene(it was done off 'camra'"), overall the age rate on this website is on target. I would recommend this to anyone that enjoys a good supernatural romance, without things going too overboard.
Kid, 11 years old May 22, 2011

great book appropriat for tweens

this is a fantastic book
Teen, 13 years old Written byLinger1 December 25, 2010

Perfect for young teens

I love this book!
Kid, 12 years old August 4, 2011

DVasquez on Shiver

I thought this book was extremely boring and I didn't enjoy it, but there isn't much parents need to be worried about. The big sexual scene is on pages 291-296. I think parents should read through these pages and decide what would be best for there child: Ban the book, black out specific pages, have the child skip it, or just let them read through it. After all, it isn't very graphic. That is the main sexual scene, but there are still a few other scenes that may be too intense for some children.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybook13lover June 8, 2011

Amazing.

Shiver was an amazing book. It's not for kids, but honestly, this is about the same amount of cursing and sex as Twilight and a FAR BETTER piece of literature. It's good, and like I said, if they're reading Twilight they'll love this...