Absorbing mystery includes child abuse, sexual manipulation.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycraicalaic November 2, 2013

Silent to the Bone Review

I think this book can be very interesting for kids who like mystery. However, their is some content that I wouldn't recommend for children under 13. I read this book with my class in the 8th grade, and although the sexual content was a bit uncomfortable to talk about, it's something that we will have to learn about in some point in our lives. And especially with this generation, I think kids at around 13-14 should start to slowly learn about these things. With publicity and the internet, kids these days are a lot more exposed to these types of things then people used to be. So in conclusion, if you're a parent who doesn't feel comfortable with their kids reading things with any sexual content whatsoever, I wouldn't recommend this book. But overall, it's a great book with a good storyline, and I would definitely recommend it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylyndsey791 September 30, 2012

Great Mystery!

This was a good book, I loved the mystery. But, I had some inappropriate things for kids that are in elementary school. It really shows how friendship can go a long way, and has some great messages. At times though, it got kinda boring. The plot was kind of repetitive. Overall, it was a good book. If there is a sequel, I would definitely read it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySiennaroar1 April 10, 2011

It's a great book for tweens and teans.

I love this book. I had to read it for a book project for school and I thought it was great. I was very interested in it and I could not stop reading it. I think that it is a great book for some tweens and teens.
Kid, 12 years old December 16, 2010
love it so much
Teen, 15 years old Written bypetrarca007 March 2, 2010
Love it!!! Very strong themes and characters!!! I've read it and I thought it was very heavy but enjoyable!
Teen, 14 years old Written bybookfriend1993 April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byvrumayo90210 April 9, 2008

Great mystery!

I really enjoyed the plot of this book. I do agree that the sexual content was kinda iffy but other than that it was really great. I finished it in 2 nights.

Such Crap

I cant believe people write this crap and it gets published. I accidently picked this up when I was much younger (it was in the childrens section of the library?!) and read it adn was absolutely disgusted. I hate this book completly.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylaurenes April 9, 2008

i felt like i was almost there...very good book!!

this book started out by confusing me a little bit, but as the story went on to tell branwells problema nd what had happened, piece by piece everything else fell into place! the highlight of this story is when branwells friend finds out what really happened to him and the whole situation with his half sister! im telling you that this book is worth reading and if you dont you are missing out on soo much and youll regret it!

Pretty good

I have to say one of the best books ive read. It was good and kept me hanging Great Book