All member reviews for Silent to the Bone

Absorbing mystery includes child abuse, sexual manipulation.

Such Crap

I cant believe people write this crap and it gets published. I accidently picked this up when I was much younger (it was in the childrens section of the library?!) and read it adn was absolutely disgusted. I hate this book completly.
Adult Written byfhfjhn April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written bylyndsey791 September 30, 2012

Great Mystery!

This was a good book, I loved the mystery. But, I had some inappropriate things for kids that are in elementary school. It really shows how friendship can go a long way, and has some great messages. At times though, it got kinda boring. The plot was kind of repetitive. Overall, it was a good book. If there is a sequel, I would definitely read it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylaurenes April 9, 2008

i felt like i was almost there...very good book!!

this book started out by confusing me a little bit, but as the story went on to tell branwells problema nd what had happened, piece by piece everything else fell into place! the highlight of this story is when branwells friend finds out what really happened to him and the whole situation with his half sister! im telling you that this book is worth reading and if you dont you are missing out on soo much and youll regret it!

Pretty good

I have to say one of the best books ive read. It was good and kept me hanging Great Book
Teen, 13 years old Written byvrumayo90210 April 9, 2008

Great mystery!

I really enjoyed the plot of this book. I do agree that the sexual content was kinda iffy but other than that it was really great. I finished it in 2 nights.
Teen, 16 years old Written by@sean.craft16 December 1, 2014

Amazing

I think this book was quite good. The sexual part at the end was alittle disturbing but that Is life. NOT saying it is right but i do not think this is inappropriate.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEGarden December 9, 2013

Silent to the Bone

Was a disappointing book in my opinion i was expecting more! But it was an alright read.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycraicalaic November 2, 2013

Silent to the Bone Review

I think this book can be very interesting for kids who like mystery. However, their is some content that I wouldn't recommend for children under 13. I read this book with my class in the 8th grade, and although the sexual content was a bit uncomfortable to talk about, it's something that we will have to learn about in some point in our lives. And especially with this generation, I think kids at around 13-14 should start to slowly learn about these things. With publicity and the internet, kids these days are a lot more exposed to these types of things then people used to be. So in conclusion, if you're a parent who doesn't feel comfortable with their kids reading things with any sexual content whatsoever, I wouldn't recommend this book. But overall, it's a great book with a good storyline, and I would definitely recommend it.