All member reviews for Skeleton Creek

Kid, 11 years old April 25, 2009

Uuuuuh Scary!

This book is interesting but the video's you need to watch to get the book is dang scary. Don't read it.
Kid, 10 years old April 13, 2009

Not likeable

Even for some 12 year olds, this book is scary and inappreate.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymadhorn4 September 7, 2010

I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!! I am not the kind of peroson that likes to read but this book is one i will stit down and read it for hours. the book isnt scarry but the videos are!! so watch out!!!
Kid, 12 years old January 28, 2010

a little scary but good

i read this and it was kinda scary (the videos not the book ) but it leaves you hanging at the end and the book fair just came to my school and the second book has just came out and im buying it tomorrow ,and im sooo exited (spell check) its a very awsome book and i recomend it to any one who likes scary stuff but it gives some bad ideas cause the main chacter sneeks out .
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2009

good for tweens

It's a good book that leaves you hanging in the end. The online videos may scare younger readers such as when old joe bush pops out of nowhere into the camera. Sarah and Ryan shouldn't be putting their lives on the line just to find answers to a mystery.
Kid, 10 years old December 27, 2009

Good, But SOOO Scary!

I really like this book. I just can't watch the videos at night. They're sooooooooo freaky!
Kid, 10 years old November 10, 2009

looks ok

i havent read it yet, but i have to get my mom to sign a sheet of paper allowing me to resd it. so im guessing its REALLY scary, which is something i like. but im a little scared of what im going to see in the videos!
Teen, 13 years old Written byShadowWolf January 18, 2011

Great, if you love a good scare.

when i picked this book up, i thought that it would be a fantasy type mystery. I watched the last video three weeks ago and i still think that i see a skeleton guy stalking me in the basement! Great for people who arent afraid of a good scare, and also for people who like mysterys. For parents, the whole theme of all three books is kids kinowingy going behind their parents backs and disobeying any direction they give, such as not going to the place that is creeper haunted
Teen, 13 years old Written byTeenReads June 17, 2011

Gets Teens Reading

My favorite series is the Skeleton Creek series by Patrick Carmen. I really like how he writes from the main character's point of view and makes you feel involved in the story. Adding videos for every three pages is a great incentive to keep reading! Also, being able to research items from the book and see it "live" makes it seem more real. I'm really looking forward to Patrick Carmen's new book called Dark Eden. I've been following the production of the videos through the Dark Eden facebook site and it looks really exciting!! It's great that Patrick Carmen is aware that teens like to be involved and this is a great way to get teens interested in books. It definitely makes me anxious to see/read the final product!! I encourage everyone to check out his others books and check into the new one!
Kid, 11 years old August 23, 2011

OMG O_O

I read the first book and I finished it in ONE DAY!!! Once I finished I was almost begging my mom to get me the next book and that is SOOOOOO unusual for me. This book just makes you feel like you are actually watching this happen yourself instead of just reading about it it is so awesome!
Teen, 14 years old Written by77middleskool May 3, 2010

perfect for this gen. of teens

I think it is the perfect kind of book for people who like mysteries and thrillers for this generation especially because it also uses the internet to make the story
Teen, 13 years old Written bymovierocker October 12, 2011

Awesome but scary!

***SPOILER ALERT*** it was awesome! Its one of the best books eva! Except 9 and under dont watch the video THE RAVEN, at the end this very scary face pops out of nowhere!
Teen, 14 years old Written bylizardbeth November 10, 2011

This is what I think:]

I think this book is great for kids. But don't get me wrong the videos are a little spooky.
Kid, 11 years old December 10, 2011

the skeleton creek book review by rodolfo aaron mercado

this is a good book because it is a mystery book it makes your child think and learn new words. the videos are scary to make it interesting. it is a great book too about ryan and sarah the title is creepy but it is interesting and gives us a reminder to be brave and not be afraid this book should be read by kids age 8 and up. i read this three times the story is great the writing makes kids love it because of the writing its like somebody wrote not printed it. there are no bad words so it is good
Kid, 10 years old May 16, 2010

Skeleton Creek- Patrick Carman

I think this book is really good for kids who love mystery and adventurous books like myself. What's also really cool about the book is, if you go to sarahfincher.com you can watch the videos that a main character, Sarah makes.
Kid, 12 years old December 10, 2011

best book ever

really good and very scary got to read novel
Kid, 10 years old December 20, 2011

great book

i am 10 years old and well really all i do is read and i have big reading level and it is a GREAT book though i only have the first two but these book series are great to Artemis Fowl, THE LOST HERO , percy jackson , goosebumps , and many more sorry i read so much books i cant keep track of their title
Kid, 11 years old February 16, 2012

boring

it wasnt scary at all it was very boring the videos are boring too it just shows some girl talking
Teen, 13 years old Written bymaloed October 6, 2013

THE review

I just love that book i read the first and i wasnt able to stop in a few weeks i have a book report and i have so much stuff to say
Kid, 10 years old January 15, 2012

Don't Like It

The videos are somewhat decent, but the book is horrible. Reading the blurb makes you think it's going to be a book with a bunch of plot twists and the title 'Skeleton Creek' would make you think that it's a horror book. We are reading this book in school, and over the three books we have read, there has only been one scary video. And it doesn't even have to do with the town; it was edited by one of the characters. It is by far the most boring book I've ever read. I was going to read Dark Eden, another book by Patrick Carman, but I didn't want to bother wasting 300 something pages of my life. I think the only way you could find the book scary is if you are 3. Overall, I'm saying that it's not as good as you'd expect it to be. Book 2, Ghost in the Machine, is the best so far but I'd still give it 2 stars. Books 1 and 3 (Skeleton Creek and The Crossbones) practically bored me to death.