All member reviews for Skellig

Kid, 11 years old January 26, 2011

Skellig is a magical and inspiring book I couldn't put down. It is full of truths, inspiration and friendship. It is a book that you would either love it or hate it. As Michael is moving house with his mum pregnant it is a very tense time for the 10 year old. In one chapter it is calm and relaxing, in the next it’s really haunting. The author fills your head with lots of questions and in some cases they never get answered. In part of the book Skellig says "27 and 53" and it’s not till a few chapters later you find out what it is. This is a book I would really want to read again.

Good for younger kids!

Skellig... I think this book was ok, but I’m not sure it was my type of book. At some points in the story it gives good messages and bad messages at the same time. The characters in the book can be kind at time although Skellig doesn’t want anything to do with anyone! The story line can be bad like when the baby almost dies. It can be interesting at times, but can also be boring. The magical thing about this book is how Skellig is an angel in the end.

Skellig !!!

So far this book is an inspirational and sets pictures in my head. The language is powerful here is an example on it "Dead bluebottles were scatted on his hair and shoulders. The book is a strong minded book and is well written. Also you get engaged to the characters as it is a heart throbbing story .But there is a little language. Overall i recommend this book to imaginative children.
Kid, 11 years old January 26, 2011

Skellig is a magical creature from a long time ago. He is a fallen angel that holds a lot of power that he never knew about. Michael has just moved house, his mum is in hospital with her new baby all they needed was a fallen angel in the garage. It’s a magical story with a good imagination. It takes a bit of reading to understand what is happening but is good ending.
Kid, 12 years old January 26, 2011

Mystrey we will never understand

Skellig is a magical book that is can be very emotion at times. The book holds a lot of power within the pages. Skellig is a magical creature from unbelief. The book make you feel like you can relate it, as it paint good detailed pictures in your head. It has a great balance of real life and imagination. Skellig is a mystery we will never know who he really is. I cerate’s a whole different world when you open the book. It keeps you thinking after you have finished its all most like the book hasn’t ended. It is a great read and i would recommend it do young people who have good imagination.
Kid, 12 years old January 26, 2011

A tale of a kind, yet mysterious boy called Micheal who finds magic, friendship, and something lurking in the darkness of his garage. Micheals life changes forever when he discovers his ill baby sister, a magical angel creature and a disastrous house. The girl helps Micheal to cure the creatures powers and make him fly again with help of 27 and 53.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byCSM Screen Name... January 26, 2011

an entertaining read

I think this book is good because it makes you think about how nice you can be instead of being selfish. This is a good read for an 11+ but it might bore some older teenagers. Michael controlled himself by being kind to skellig instead of taking out his anger on him because his sister is very unwell and he is much stressed .

A mystery unsolved

Skellig is a book full of adventure, kindness and friendship. Micheal's life changes for ever when he discovers a new, wrinkled figure in his garage and he makes an emotional journey to try and look after him behind his parents back. Micheal's school best friends, Leaky and Coot, don't beleive him when he tells them about Skellig, the mysterious creature, who likes to eat 27 and 53. Bad news occurs when Micheal's new baby sister is taken ill in the local hospital and his family is devestated. This book is full of mysteries and I highly recomend this book to anybody.
Kid, 11 years old January 6, 2013

best book i have ever read

This book is one of the best books i have ever read. The story does contain a few bad words. But apart from that the book is fine. For me the way the boy doesnt give up on skellig inspires me and reminds me never to up on something.
Kid, 11 years old January 26, 2011

Skellig: The best book ever.

Skellig is good book and is appropriate for kids age 11+. There is a few words that are maybe not appropriate but they are not anything BAD!!! The dad does drink at one point in the book and wrecks some things but that is not a problem too. It is a great book as I have read it and also watched the film. It is magical and keeps you on a cliff hanger. Most chapters answer the cliff hangers from the previous chapters and then put you on a cliff hanger in the new one. It is also a mystery to what Skellig is at the beginning of the story and makes you believe in this magical story. It shows you another side of the real world and how life is a great thing for everyone. This snetence in the book intrests me... 'It was already getting light when I got upand tiptoed in to their room. Her cot was beside their bed. They were lying fast asleep with their arms around each other.' I think this a good few sentencesto show how you always need family and friends to get along in life. This book is very educational and is especially good in English. Also it brings alot of good messages across. I would incourage kids 11+ to read it!!!!!
Adult Written byWill_coates January 26, 2011

I think this book is a good influence on kids because,it shows love and care such as Micheals little baby sister is in hospital with a heart problem but he shows graet care by taking care of skelig an old angel.On the other hand his dad takes his aggression on Micheal.So overall this is a great influence on kids and shows to give people a second chance.

The magical book

I think skellig is a book of magic, friendship and adventure. Micheal's life begins to change, when he discovers a magical creature in his garage. He tells his school friends Leaky and Coot, about the strange figure. The creature needs 27 and 53. His baby sister is in a risk of dying. He bumps into a girl who which helps him to cure Skellig's power. This book is very good.

imagintion of skillig

I think this book is alright,it takes i while to get into it. skillig is a magicial creature from out of this world,this book teaches lessons of belief and friendship although this story could never be true it really is inspirational.This is great for people with understanding and belief aswell as a mix of Imagination, skillig seems to repeat the same phrase over again which is "what do you want ". this book stright away is captivating. Overall it is a alright book and think it is a mix of violence and swearing.
Kid, 11 years old January 26, 2011

This amazing read bring's a great childhood bilife back to life. Skellig a great mysterious, and magical read reqiering a leap of faith. In the begining it start as plasid and normal, as all goodbooks should. But when Miacle is punged into a world of mystery, what will be the outcome?

great great

A magical book that shows kindness,helping, friend ship and enjoyment.The book shows alife of a young boy that has an exciting incounter with an fallen angle that he found in his garage.The love of the angle has stopped the sadness of his life and a new friendship has begin. There are lots of feelings running through you like sadness, happiness and heart throbbing. You can connect with the charactors and feel what they are feeling. A remarkable book that i would read again

nice and simple !

Skellig.... I enjoyed this book and it was written fabulously ! Some bits of the book are like the real world and how you need to have friends to get through life. This is a bit of a book that interests me how Michael had the idea to help skellig to find his inner him.

good for kids at the age of 9 and 10

Skellig! I think that skellig gives positive messages and bad messages at the same time. Like with some of the resolutions to some of the problems in the book. The books story line is not very good because it has a weird story line with the baby in hospital dying and the old women in hospital that passed away. But it does have some positive parts were the baby survives in the end of the story.
Kid, 12 years old January 26, 2011

superb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this book is very good read for 11+ but if you are 15 years olds this wouldnt talk to you as much as it would for the 11,12,13 and 14 year olds. The main charecters Michael shows his emotions and dosent stop giving up for his sister who is very unwell. He finds a man in his garage and finds out he can save his little sister. So him and his freind mina try to persuade him to save his sister
Parent of a 17 year old Written bygeorgia E January 26, 2011

Remarkable

This book shows the enjoyable things that go on in a young boy’s life. Michael discovers the joy of sharing his kindness with others, you will be drawn in by this remarkable heart pulling book. You will face a range of different feelings happiness, sadness, nervousness and joy. You will be left with questions that don’t have an answer questions that don’t have an answer.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bymr l.w January 26, 2011

The book skellig is intresting and exiting.Why because they found a man and thatg brings in a little drama in to the story.later on he micheal makes skellig to belive not to give up on some one.