This gorgeously weird novel captivates readers.

Kid, 9 years old October 16, 2014

A good book for anybody

Skellig is a book of mystery great for age 10 and up. It has great role models and a little educational value. OscarJK
Teen, 16 years old Written byxx Allie xx March 1, 2014

My reveiw on 'Skellig'

A great mysterious book about a young boy named Michael his friend Mina and a strange being called Skellig. This book makes you feel like one of the characters in the book which makes the book very gripping and hard to put down. Almond describes everything in detail but not too much which makes the book more enjoyable to read. I honestly think this is a really good book. I love Almonds writing style and his imagination goes beyond words.
Adult Written byhappy1520 March 19, 2012

Skellig Best Book Ever

This is a fascinating book, where a boy who has just moved into his new house. He finds a surprise in the garage an unknown creature that he doesn't quite know who he is.He has a BFF which is called Mina and unfortunately his baby sister is ill.What will Happen to the unknown creature(Skellig) after the garage demoliation?Will he die?

nice and simple !

Skellig.... I enjoyed this book and it was written fabulously ! Some bits of the book are like the real world and how you need to have friends to get through life. This is a bit of a book that interests me how Michael had the idea to help skellig to find his inner him.

good for kids at the age of 9 and 10

Skellig! I think that skellig gives positive messages and bad messages at the same time. Like with some of the resolutions to some of the problems in the book. The books story line is not very good because it has a weird story line with the baby in hospital dying and the old women in hospital that passed away. But it does have some positive parts were the baby survives in the end of the story.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bygeorgia E January 26, 2011

Remarkable

This book shows the enjoyable things that go on in a young boy’s life. Michael discovers the joy of sharing his kindness with others, you will be drawn in by this remarkable heart pulling book. You will face a range of different feelings happiness, sadness, nervousness and joy. You will be left with questions that don’t have an answer questions that don’t have an answer.
Teen, 13 years old Written byusersars September 24, 2016

Strange book

I thought by the blurb Skellig was going to be really interesting, but I was disappointed. The book is very poetic and magical, but I think it was too weird for me.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysanabanana June 7, 2016

A true masterpiece!

Ok let me just sum up the book: wow. This book is fantastically captivating and has such beautiful notions that truly does make you wonder about absolutely everything. I have read this book multiple times and can never get enough. This book is so beautiful. Anyone of any age will be spellbound at its beauty
Kid, 12 years old November 25, 2011

a wonderful fim called skellig

i think skellig is a wonderful book and film for children of almost all ages. i think it really relates to people and it can be a film that gives loads of feeling and emotions
Kid, 11 years old November 11, 2011

YOU MUST READ SKELLIG!!!!!

It's such a fascinating book, it tells you loads about the super-natural and the subconscious. David Alomond causes so much tension, but do you know what, just because I'm a Grammar Pupil, doesn't mean it will be difficult for those who are in a normal secondary or Primary, you know, to understand it, but it is an amazing book, and I would read it over and over again!! It's such a brilliant book, and if you wnat to know more about the book, read it for yourself, do whatever you can to get to the book and to read to it!!

skellig

I think that it is an educational book, but some of the contents in it i would think are innappropriate such as the role models are not very positive.I also think that the innappropriate language is not suitable for people of this age.I personly belive that the boy michael in the book is slightly depressed in a way, he also has alot going on in his life.Here is a quote from the book that i think represents the boy being depressed, "I tried to stay awake that night, but it was hopeless" I realy think that this quote represents the depresion in the boys life.I belive that the magical part of this book is that a man can be half human and half angel.It makes you think outside the box, well even outside this universe, it really makes you think.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byb3n johno January 26, 2011

an entertaining read

I think this book is good because it makes you think about how nice you can be instead of being selfish. This is a good read for an 11+ but it might bore some older teenagers. Michael controlled himself by being kind to skellig instead of taking out his anger on him because his sister is very unwell and he is much stressed .

Moving and magical

This book is amazing!!!! A mysterious story of trust,faith and belif opens your mind and will take you on lots of adventures such as discovering Skellig in the dark dusty garage, coping with moving house while having a new baby.
Kid, 11 years old January 26, 2011
it shows kindness , care and is a magical story , and shows how skellig , michael and mina never gave up and i like the part were skellig goes into the hospital and saves michaels sister it shows how if you do something good for someone, they will help you in return.
Kid, 11 years old January 26, 2011
I think that the book was a good read for 10 year olds+ but if you were 14 or over they would not like it. It was a very good read and Michael was a very good role model as he helped out skellig with his new friend Mina. It was good for people which are having probles with there family and this book might just get your spirits again. I saw the movie and that was very good as well and it helped me understand the book a bit better to.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylukie bibby 123 January 26, 2011

skellig by luke bibby

skellig is an amazing book it has lots of different settings such as a swimming pool, school yard, shed, in his bedroom and much more at the end the boy jums of the cliff so skellig could fly an catch him becuase the boy wanted skellig to start flying again there are some quotes from the book what are pretty good and pass messages through. for example: 27 and 53 so that is what i think about skellig.

A new adventure

I loved this book. You had to get into the book before you truly understand but it is a great read and i would deffinatly recommend it. It show a new friendship being formed between Micheal and Skellig and how the family copes with moving house and having a new baby that is ill. It will take you on an adventure with Micheal and Skellig and show you a new life for Skellig and Micheals baby sister. I liked how it was such a mystery at the start and no one knew who Skellig was but now we all understand. I think the words David Almond used were very clever and he was very good at explaining.
Kid, 12 years old January 26, 2011
Skellig is a magical story that has a half man half angel who is found in a little boy, Michael’s garage. Michael wants to help him and asks his friend Mina to help him. Together, they carry Skellig to the light.

interesting!

i really enjoyed Skellig from the start to the end. it takes a few pages until u get to understand it but its really interesting!! theres only a tiny bit of drinking from the father however is not inapropiate at all. i would definatly read it again!! this book is an interesting, magical book as at the very end skellig begins to learn how to fly with help from Mina and Michael.
Kid, 12 years old January 26, 2011
It is a good book with good mesages like that micheal is a selfless person who looks after skellig, but on the other hand micheal is very angry at the fact his sister is very ill. I think it has good and bad role models, like Skellig is quite strange and is not the sort of guy you want round your house, where as micheal is a good person for looking after skellig who he knows nothing about who could be some mass murder.All in all I think its a good book and its good to start of with because its not to thick and leaves you with a lot of questions