All member reviews for Skellig

This gorgeously weird novel captivates readers.

Kid, 10 years old January 13, 2010

Best book ever

I love this book. It is probaly my favorite and favorite author. I am almost 11 and my older sister suggested it for me. You should definely read it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byanasali12 October 14, 2009

The book is Not so good or bad its All RIGHT

I love the book In the starting the book is ok but in the middle the swear like for EX: bloody
Parent of a 12 year old Written byribenarav July 30, 2009

my amzing descripion of this foul book

rubbish and it is settting a bad influence on the children and know they have made a film about it it is absolutely foul
Kid, 12 years old June 14, 2009

Spooky!

I thought this haunting story was really strange. Almond never provides clear answers or even facts - just the views of a depressed ten-year-old. The author centres the whole story around birds - owls, blackbirds and even angels. I guess every reader will have a different interpretation of this moving tale. I really enjoyed this book and it was written fabulously, however I feel like I've outgrown it although I appreciate the level and style of Almond's writing.
Adult Written byTeykia April 11, 2009

I Loved this book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read this book in my Reading class. I am in the 6th grade and my teacher gave us this book to read with partners.At first I really didnt understand it because they are from England.It is a great book that teaches a valuble lesson about how not giving up can help someone.
Kid, 11 years old April 11, 2009

asome

butifull

Teen, 17 years old Written bytbeachbumn April 9, 2008

I LOVED IT

i loved this book. i had to read it this your for my senior term paper and i thought it would be bad. but as i got further and further into the book i learned to love it. i would recommend this book to anyone. and a good review from me is A LOT because i don't read much due to the fact that i hate reading. But this book was amazin
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviegeek April 9, 2008

Wow....

This is a real quick book to read, but it has a lot of power. I guess it's one of the best examples of "quality over quantity". I wasn't sure that I was going to like the book at first, because it was very weird. It leaves the reader with something though, and it keeps you thinking after to finish(something most novels fail to do). The writing is excellent as well.