All member reviews for Smile

Delightful graphic novel follows teen girl's teeth troubles.

Adult Written byillolibro November 28, 2012

I recommend reading the book yourself before you give it to anyone under the age of 12.

While there is a positive message to be gotten from this book, that one need not accept bullying and disrespect, I would caution there is talk of the effects of puberty, a mother tells her daughter she needs to buy a bra, and the kids play spin-the-bottle, just so you know.
Kid, 11 years old May 2, 2013

good book

I have this book and I love it!! Such a disappointment that Raina's other book "Drama" has a bunch of homosexual stuff.
Kid, 11 years old May 24, 2013

Love this book!!!

I LOVE this book! It is just so good that you can't not read. Great for boys and girls, which is nice because many books for tweens are for only one gender. She has a similar life to me, I had the same tooth problem but without braces. It teaches you lots about dental work and how to deal with situations.
Adult Written byemilyo January 6, 2015

Awesome book could not put it down

Great book ,great everything but if your sensitive to blood and gore I don't recommend it ,I adored it couldn't put it down .
Adult Written bySosuke December 16, 2014

Kid, 11 years old January 5, 2014

Good, But A Tiny Bit Gory!

I read this after I read Raina's other graphic novel, Drama, which I liked very much. I liked it a lot, but you should really keep this book away from sensitive kids! The part where Raina loses the tooth itself is moderate with blood, but there is one part later on in the book with a heck of a lot of blood, where Raina gets drilling in her teeth and there is so much blood and pain that she faints. A tornado hits Raina's town. She gets caught up in a love triangle between a younger boy and the older new guy and dutches her date at the dance, making for a mildly negative dating message. Her daydreams of the younger boy holding her are mildly sexual.Raina is a strong character and an overall positive role model.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBetty L. August 31, 2013

Great story by a wonderful writer and artist!

This is a GREAT book! What is not to love about a realistic teen girl's journey through middle school and most of high school, figuring out who she is and who her friends really are. The story is about the author's childhood and teenage years. I also really love Raina's other graphic novels, such as DRAMA and THE BABYSITTER'S CLUB series. Read all of them!
Kid, 11 years old March 17, 2013

I like this book

I really like this book. Raina is a great person and cartoonist. This fun quick book is great for everyone.