All member reviews for Soul Surfer

Inspirational story of life after a shark attack.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycheerlion1012 July 12, 2011

MUST read!!!!!

Soul Surfer the book is about surfer Bethany Hamilton. She is a good role model because not only did she get back into the water but she also is a hardcore Christian. She shows plently of positive messages! Comsumerison is a bit of a factor she quotes Rip Curl and Angel Footwear a lot (her sponsers). This is TOTALLY a must read! The attack was pretty well explain but not very gory ,but nerve racking!
Kid, 11 years old October 12, 2011

Soul Surfer - Bethany is a great role model!!!

This book is fantastic!!! I love how Bethany put it all together! The attack is described in details, but Bethany is soooo calm about it and you know it's gonna turn out ok, so it's not scary. Great book!!!! Love Soul Surfer!
Teen, 14 years old Written byleftbehindcrazed8 August 4, 2011

READ IT.

I am in love with this book! I agree with Common Sense completely about how strong Bethany is, and how she is a great, amazing role model. Yes, the attack is very bloody, and she does describe it with details, but honestly, I don't think it would scare kids over 9. READ THIS, ESPECIALLY CHRISTIANS!!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old July 2, 2011

A must read. Not scary at all!

This is what I call a masterpiece. If you are over 8 years old and have not read this book, READ IT!!!!! I have never been surfing, and don't have very much interest in it, but this book is not all about surfing. It's more of an inspirational story. I am a HUGE Bethany Hamilton fan because I read this book. Parents, don't be tentative to let your children read this, because the shark attack is only about two short paragraphs, and says nothing gory in any way. Also, the characters in this book NEVER swear, which is a refreshing change from most of the books and movies out today. I love how the author of this book is who this really happened to. All in all, this book is a MUST READ!!!!!!!
Kid, 9 years old May 20, 2012

BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iuUZDffdygjk
Teen, 14 years old Written bymorganmorgan May 31, 2012

Morgan abbott

it was a good book Not FOR LITTLE KIDS Ages 10 and up are fine to watch it and read the book.....
Kid, 11 years old February 4, 2012

Not sad enough, like it should have been.

I don't think this was very well made. I think it could have been put together better. It kept making you feel like the shark was about to come, so you didn't know when it would, but it didn't convey any saddness or hardship that it must have been for that to happen. I don't really reccomend it. Not worth it.
Kid, 11 years old August 20, 2012

Awesome book!

Soul Surfer is a book all audiences, middle school and up, would enjoy. This book is very uplifting and inspiring for anyone who reads it. It was uplifting because even though Bethany lost an arm when she was attacked by a shark she managed to keep a positive attitude. She didn’t sit around and feel sorry for herself, but instead she pushed those feeling aside and kept on going. This was also a very inspiring book because she got through a big obstacle in her life, losing her arm. She was determined to surf again and got right back on the board. I love this book because it taught me important things like to enjoy the moment and don’t get caught up in the future. Bethany seems like a wonderful person with an amazing personality. I love that she is never afraid to be herself. I learned that if you love something, you can’t let anything get in the way of that. Soul Surfer is an important book to read because it shows you that you can never give up.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bythemoxleys April 29, 2012

awsome girl

well i think it was pretty good well i think but not for kids under age 6 and im 11 so awsome
Kid, 10 years old April 1, 2012

Great

Amazing book and movie read the book and watch the movie
Kid, 10 years old November 19, 2011

GOOD LESSON

I think this is a good movie it is very tragic but it gives a good lesson never give up!!!!
Kid, 10 years old November 20, 2011

Must read

I read this book and it's awesome plus when she discribes the attack it doesn't seem as scary as it really would be (come on her arm was ripped of and eaten by a shark the size of a mini van)