All member reviews for Stargirl

A must-read for middle-schoolers to discuss.

Parent of a 15 year old Written byStargirl Caraway May 2, 2011

great for all ages

I love the main character. I'll give you a hint.. it's me:/ mahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old November 14, 2010

I had some doubts about this book going into it. I mean, I didn't really like the sound of a book called 'Stargirl'. Man, was I wrong. Stargirl can be related to by anyone who has ever felt weird, or like they are being shunned by the entire world. (Oh, just saying, this book is probably appropriate for 9+, but I think you have to be middle-school age and up to really appreciate it.) Stargirl is a wonderful person, and the end made me get teary. Very good book.
Kid, 11 years old February 2, 2011

Quite Possibly the Best Book I Have Ever Read

This is a REALLY good book. Leo may not be the best role model, but I really think that Stargirl is because she acts like... herself, no matter what other people think of her. There are some mean characters, but Stargirl always does what she thinks is right. There is a kiss, and some hand holding and general displays of affection. Overall, a very good book for mature people to read, but not really little kids.
Kid, 11 years old April 29, 2011

i think it was a good book but there is maybe a little kids who r bad role models. but children should be smart enough not t follow after them, but after the good characters of this very intresting book. and i disagree with good for ages 12 and up anyone youger would not underdtand because im eleven and understood it perfectly.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylove.battle.ship March 1, 2011

Good for ages 12 and up but not any younger they wouldn't understand it as well.

I think it's a good book because it's showing people don't always have to fit in to be popular.. Sometimes you need to just not care or it will ruin your life..
Teen, 17 years old Written bybethc14 July 20, 2010

Im 17 and i loved it but it is ideal for 9+

WOW!!! a definate must read. It flows easy and once you start you cant put it down. The best !!!
Kid, 12 years old November 14, 2010

I think it was ok but I mean who wears a 1800 dress to school. I think it is a little unrealistic book but enjoyed reading it.
Teen, 17 years old Written bytessicamillion April 28, 2011

It is a well-written book, but not very interesting.

I really didn't enjoy this book, it constantly lost my attention. I believe it has a good message, but it is simply one of those books where you keep reading to see if anything interesting happens, but nothing ever does.
Kid, 11 years old April 10, 2011

the perfect book

I just fell in love with this book i had to get the second book, also a great book.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMisty waterfall January 4, 2011

I liked it how bout u?

I liked the book.I bet its more for pre teens and teens. If u like bulling books this is the book for u.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIlovePieee November 8, 2010

Good book overall its exciting and keeps you wondering whats going to happen on the next page so its addicting. Very good book keep writing! (also person below this comment has problems)???
Teen, 15 years old Written byClearastheSea April 13, 2011

Perfect for 10+

'Stargirl' is wonderful because it shows how being different in society can both change others and turn others against you. The character of Stargirl is wonderfully unusual and inspires kids and teens to be themselves.
Kid, 12 years old May 2, 2011

I love it to bits!!!

It is the sweetest book in the whole world, my favorite book. Some people say it has a boring plot or it is a girly book, but that isn't true. Sure, to some it IS going to be boring. I loved Little Women and my teacher found it boring. It just depends on your personality. Don't dismiss it as a "girly" book. That is why my friend said and I nearly threw my backpack at him. Yes, there is romance, but that doesn't make it a girls-only book! He has never read it and doesn't know what it's about. I think it might be the title, "StarGIRL" that turns many boys away. She can't well name herself "Starboy," can she? It is narrated by a boy, and it does not circulate around their romance; it is about being yourself, being kind, and finding out who you are in a place where being different is not well received. And can you believe all this was written by a twelve year old? :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byMy-nose-in-a-book January 19, 2011

Cute and a great read!!

I liked it, it had great characters and stargirl was just so fun to read about! I highly reccomend it for females and some males.
Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2011

LOVE IT!
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byadaMadman January 1, 2011

It's a good book (although note the characters seem a lot more like 9th graders to me than 11th in their attitudes -- I teach both grades). The book is not written as well as some others at this level and by this author -- some plot devices and characters are a little thin -- but it is a great source for discussions of tolerance of differences, the importance of individuality, and the influence of peer pressure, among other topics. Possibly could be paired or compared with Millions (book and film) or possibly Pay it Forward (film), I note, which share some themes.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAnn15 April 4, 2011

grade 7 and up

Very VEry VERY! good. loved this one and the sequel...very cute but teaches good lessons.
Parent of a 16 year old Written bytkneaul@yahoo.com October 20, 2010

hate it
Kid, 12 years old April 16, 2011

A Great book that teaches a wonderful lesson!

I loved this book! It was the best book I think I have ever read! I was very disappointed with the end, until I found out that there is a second book to this. I threw the book across the room at the end! But it was only because I was ten and was very disappointed with the end. This is more for smaller kids but teaches a lesson everyone should learn! I loved how some of the characters stood up for themselves.
Kid, 12 years old May 17, 2011

awesome

i love this book it's a must read for tween