All member reviews for Stargirl

Teen, 14 years old Written byLisa88 June 16, 2011

A stunning novel I highly recommend!

This is a brilliant book about finding youself and standing up for your beliefs. Whilst it is a book that anyone of any age can read, I think young to middle age teenagers would benefit from it the most as it discusses issues most relevant to them. Stargirl is a character who you either feel as though you are yourself or know someone who is her. She is a brilliant, mysterious role model who make syou think about your life and how you fit into the big wide world. I love this book for the simplicity of it, yet it had so much more to it than what meets the eye. It has several layers to it, and each time you read it (I've read it more times than I can count) it speaks to you in a different way. Spinelli is a wonderful writer and creates such interest and suspense, it had me hooked from page one. All the quirky little habits that the characters posses make me laugh and cry and I feel connected to the characters in so many ways. This would be a brilliant book for an English study. Brilliant!
Kid, 12 years old May 17, 2011

awesome

i love this book it's a must read for tween
Kid, 11 years old April 29, 2011

i think it was a good book but there is maybe a little kids who r bad role models. but children should be smart enough not t follow after them, but after the good characters of this very intresting book. and i disagree with good for ages 12 and up anyone youger would not underdtand because im eleven and understood it perfectly.
Teen, 17 years old Written bytessicamillion April 28, 2011

It is a well-written book, but not very interesting.

I really didn't enjoy this book, it constantly lost my attention. I believe it has a good message, but it is simply one of those books where you keep reading to see if anything interesting happens, but nothing ever does.
Kid, 12 years old April 16, 2011

A Great book that teaches a wonderful lesson!

I loved this book! It was the best book I think I have ever read! I was very disappointed with the end, until I found out that there is a second book to this. I threw the book across the room at the end! But it was only because I was ten and was very disappointed with the end. This is more for smaller kids but teaches a lesson everyone should learn! I loved how some of the characters stood up for themselves.
Kid, 11 years old April 10, 2011

the perfect book

I just fell in love with this book i had to get the second book, also a great book.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAnn15 April 4, 2011

grade 7 and up

Very VEry VERY! good. loved this one and the sequel...very cute but teaches good lessons.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylove.battle.ship March 1, 2011

Good for ages 12 and up but not any younger they wouldn't understand it as well.

I think it's a good book because it's showing people don't always have to fit in to be popular.. Sometimes you need to just not care or it will ruin your life..
Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2011

LOVE IT!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMy-nose-in-a-book January 19, 2011

Cute and a great read!!

I liked it, it had great characters and stargirl was just so fun to read about! I highly reccomend it for females and some males.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMisty waterfall January 4, 2011

I liked it how bout u?

I liked the book.I bet its more for pre teens and teens. If u like bulling books this is the book for u.
Kid, 12 years old November 14, 2010

I think it was ok but I mean who wears a 1800 dress to school. I think it is a little unrealistic book but enjoyed reading it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIlovePieee November 8, 2010

Good book overall its exciting and keeps you wondering whats going to happen on the next page so its addicting. Very good book keep writing! (also person below this comment has problems)???
Kid, 11 years old October 9, 2010

Your complaints and my review

I absolutely love Stargirl! This book is about a "weird" girl, named Stargirl, who is very unique. She does nice things, like sending gifts and cards to strangers, and leaving out change so little kids will be happy when they pick it up. She really stands out out of the other kids at her high school. I have to disagree with somethings some others have said about this book: 1. "There are some bad words in this book". I geuss so, but it's not to bad, they don't use the words to offend anyone. 2. "Stargirl has some suggested behavior/words". One time she kisses a girl on the cheek, to confuse everyone, and she watches people. She doesn't exactlly stalk people though, this book is appropreate. 3. "This book is boring". How can a book with such an intresting charactor be boring?.... Oh! you mean the parts with Susan Caraway? Yes, when Leo turns Stargirl into Susan it gets a little boring, but it's a quick part of the book.
Teen, 15 years old Written byexcellentbook September 4, 2010

excellent for high-schoolers, but also kids of any age

I first read this book when i was 8, and merely thought of it as a well written novel. However, last night I picked it up after a year of sitting on my bookshelf, I picked it up to re-read, as I am abot to enter grade 10. The words were about a thousand times more poignant than any other time I have read this book. I think once teens go through at least a year of high-school, this book will hit them hard. Not gonna lie, I cried for a long time, and that was the only time I've ever cried at this book. Also, I don't see any content in here that I wouldn't let my 5 year old sister hear, but maybe thats just cause we have good parents. (Protip, sheltering your kids from stuff makes it worse in the long run~)
Teen, 17 years old Written bybethc14 July 20, 2010

Im 17 and i loved it but it is ideal for 9+

WOW!!! a definate must read. It flows easy and once you start you cant put it down. The best !!!
Kid, 11 years old June 29, 2010

GREAT BOOK!!!

This book was so interesting... I couldnt stip reading the book!!! but there were some parts were it got a teensy tiny bit boring but otherwise it was a great piece of writing :)
Kid, 12 years old June 16, 2010

Great message

This book has a great message about being yourself
Kid, 11 years old June 10, 2010

Perfect for tweens

Stargirl encourages kids to express their individuality
Kid, 11 years old June 3, 2010

Loved It!

I loved this book. It's all about being yourself. A great message for kids who are really hiding themselves. Stargirl is a perfect role model. This book will keep you smiling.