All teen and kid member reviews for Stargirl

Kid, 12 years old December 17, 2011

outstanding book

it was really cute and it is a good book to do book reports on cause it has alot of information
Teen, 13 years old Written bytootie123 December 14, 2011

A Good Book

This book is really good, and has some good role models. Stargirl is new to the school and she not use to the regular ordinary. she meets friends really quick and attracts attention. Shes very different and unusual, She changes peoples attuides in a good way. Stargirl acts like herself no matter what other people think of her because shes just being herself. stargirl always does what she thinks is right because shes a very good rolemodel to everyone around her. By: Tatyana K.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykika1 December 5, 2011

star girl

it remind me of how some people are in the characters
Kid, 11 years old November 25, 2011

AWESOME

I think that Stargirl is a very interesting book. Some of the parts are a little hard to understand so I think that this book should be read by kids 12 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydressagehorse November 15, 2011

Fine for kids, not great story though

This is not one of my favorite books, but there is nothing inappropriate and it would probably be more interesting to a younger reader.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysabrina.marie.sab September 5, 2011

my opinion

This book definitely highlights the insecurities kids face, but it has a positive message to be yourself. You shouldn't have to change yourself to fit other peoples expectations of what you should be. Be who you are. Those who care dont matter, and those who matter wont care.<3
Teen, 13 years old Written bymiami reader 1998 August 25, 2011

the best

the book is great and any kid 8 and up can read it the thing is that the book concentrates more on the aspect of being part of the crowd or different. overall it is a great book that every teen should read
Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2011

I LOVE IT!

Wow! Read this over summer break and was amazed! I was on the fence about reading it though, it seemed.. well to childish. But when I read it, the reality of high school popularity issues are a big conflict. The main character tries to change her personality for his popularity. He doesnt realize how hard that is for her. Every one has gone through this, this has a very good message to kids though. Stragirl is hurt emotionally through the whole year, but returns love. She gives cards and gifts to strangers either if its a holiday or they are just feeling glum. The real kindess is that she asks for no thanks by making it anonymous sender. I love it and everybody else who reads it will to.
Teen, 16 years old Written bysodapop94 July 20, 2011

Good but not great

I think that it's a fairly good book; it has positive messages and enough "meat" to pull you in and keep reading but the level of difficulty is a turn-off for anyone over the age of 15 because the author failed to make the audience understand exactly why each character acts that way and the depth of the characters aren't very deep at all. It's like he hooks you but forgets to reel you in. Nevertheless it is a good book and it's definitely good for middle school-aged kids (or maybe for a rainy day when you just feel like a quick and quirky story about growing up).
Kid, 12 years old July 11, 2011

alieyaavs518

Teen, 14 years old Written byLisa88 June 16, 2011

A stunning novel I highly recommend!

This is a brilliant book about finding youself and standing up for your beliefs. Whilst it is a book that anyone of any age can read, I think young to middle age teenagers would benefit from it the most as it discusses issues most relevant to them. Stargirl is a character who you either feel as though you are yourself or know someone who is her. She is a brilliant, mysterious role model who make syou think about your life and how you fit into the big wide world. I love this book for the simplicity of it, yet it had so much more to it than what meets the eye. It has several layers to it, and each time you read it (I've read it more times than I can count) it speaks to you in a different way. Spinelli is a wonderful writer and creates such interest and suspense, it had me hooked from page one. All the quirky little habits that the characters posses make me laugh and cry and I feel connected to the characters in so many ways. This would be a brilliant book for an English study. Brilliant!
Kid, 12 years old May 17, 2011

awesome

i love this book it's a must read for tween
Kid, 11 years old April 29, 2011

i think it was a good book but there is maybe a little kids who r bad role models. but children should be smart enough not t follow after them, but after the good characters of this very intresting book. and i disagree with good for ages 12 and up anyone youger would not underdtand because im eleven and understood it perfectly.
Teen, 17 years old Written bytessicamillion April 28, 2011

It is a well-written book, but not very interesting.

I really didn't enjoy this book, it constantly lost my attention. I believe it has a good message, but it is simply one of those books where you keep reading to see if anything interesting happens, but nothing ever does.
Kid, 12 years old April 16, 2011

A Great book that teaches a wonderful lesson!

I loved this book! It was the best book I think I have ever read! I was very disappointed with the end, until I found out that there is a second book to this. I threw the book across the room at the end! But it was only because I was ten and was very disappointed with the end. This is more for smaller kids but teaches a lesson everyone should learn! I loved how some of the characters stood up for themselves.
Kid, 11 years old April 10, 2011

the perfect book

I just fell in love with this book i had to get the second book, also a great book.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAnn15 April 4, 2011

grade 7 and up

Very VEry VERY! good. loved this one and the sequel...very cute but teaches good lessons.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylove.battle.ship March 1, 2011

Good for ages 12 and up but not any younger they wouldn't understand it as well.

I think it's a good book because it's showing people don't always have to fit in to be popular.. Sometimes you need to just not care or it will ruin your life..
Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2011

LOVE IT!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMy-nose-in-a-book January 19, 2011

Cute and a great read!!

I liked it, it had great characters and stargirl was just so fun to read about! I highly reccomend it for females and some males.