All member reviews for Stargirl

Kid, 11 years old February 2, 2011

Quite Possibly the Best Book I Have Ever Read

This is a REALLY good book. Leo may not be the best role model, but I really think that Stargirl is because she acts like... herself, no matter what other people think of her. There are some mean characters, but Stargirl always does what she thinks is right. There is a kiss, and some hand holding and general displays of affection. Overall, a very good book for mature people to read, but not really little kids.
Kid, 12 years old November 14, 2010

I had some doubts about this book going into it. I mean, I didn't really like the sound of a book called 'Stargirl'. Man, was I wrong. Stargirl can be related to by anyone who has ever felt weird, or like they are being shunned by the entire world. (Oh, just saying, this book is probably appropriate for 9+, but I think you have to be middle-school age and up to really appreciate it.) Stargirl is a wonderful person, and the end made me get teary. Very good book.
Kid, 12 years old May 2, 2011

I love it to bits!!!

It is the sweetest book in the whole world, my favorite book. Some people say it has a boring plot or it is a girly book, but that isn't true. Sure, to some it IS going to be boring. I loved Little Women and my teacher found it boring. It just depends on your personality. Don't dismiss it as a "girly" book. That is why my friend said and I nearly threw my backpack at him. Yes, there is romance, but that doesn't make it a girls-only book! He has never read it and doesn't know what it's about. I think it might be the title, "StarGIRL" that turns many boys away. She can't well name herself "Starboy," can she? It is narrated by a boy, and it does not circulate around their romance; it is about being yourself, being kind, and finding out who you are in a place where being different is not well received. And can you believe all this was written by a twelve year old? :)
Kid, 12 years old April 5, 2013

Man tears, nerd word, and awkward phases

For any on who has gone through an awkward stage, or where you have felt different from everyone else. Then, you are just the beginning of the twisting novel that made a couple of my male classmates shed a man tear. This is a beautiful story taking you through fantastically strange and twist and turns. Love this novel. Thinking about writing a screenplay, nerd word. Peace, Phebe
Teen, 13 years old Written bythedogdays August 3, 2012

A 6th Grade Read

Honestly, I didn't like this book. It gives a good message to the reader, that being popular isn't what is important in life. However, it wasn't a very interesting story and there is no plot to follow.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBri-BoB November 13, 2011

Amazing author and book

I'm only 13 and i think this book is the best I've ever read so far .It was just wonderful i really liked it!
Kid, 10 years old August 16, 2011

You will laugh and cry--a REALLY good book.

This book just kind of lifts you off the ground and makes you feel like flying. The book is told in reserved language that fits the narrator. You come to love Stargirl more than Leo and feel as if he has turned on you when he betrays Stargirl! And people who say nothing happened, I have NO IDEA how that is possible. maybe you were reading a different book? This book is deep, beautifully told, and the kind of book you look forward to reading! A must-read, with perfect descriptions. Another wonderful book from a great writer!
Parent of a 15 year old Written byStargirl Caraway May 2, 2011

great for all ages

I love the main character. I'll give you a hint.. it's me:/ mahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byClearastheSea April 13, 2011

Perfect for 10+

'Stargirl' is wonderful because it shows how being different in society can both change others and turn others against you. The character of Stargirl is wonderfully unusual and inspires kids and teens to be themselves.
Kid, 10 years old June 9, 2010

GREAT BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think stargirl is a great book for pre-teens .It has a great message about just being yourself no matter what people think.
Teen, 17 years old Written bynix April 9, 2008

must read, GREAT!!

It was a great book with different meanings to different people. All my friends in my book club adored this book and they couldn't put it down! A must read for anybody, it shows you that everybody goes through a stage of not knowing who they are.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynevr ben kissd April 9, 2008

really good

it tells you to stand out&be yourself, but keep it at a controllable degree.even though it wasn't my type of book,it is, now.
Adult Written bytobier January 20, 2015

12 and up...

...not because it's inappropriate, but because it is a YA book and written as such. Loved it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byvanessa_1221 November 19, 2014

ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS I'VE READ!!

so, i read this book over the summer and thought it was amazing but the only thing i did not like was the end of the book:( … I definitley recommend this book.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytlcrachelf October 31, 2014

Stargirl

Most of the book is about a girl named Stargirl, who is trying to fit in. Everyone makes fun of her and tries to avoid her. Toward the middle of the year, she makes friends with another kid, but he wants her to be a "normal" kid if he is going to hangout with her. This book is a great read. Once I started reading it, I could not stop. I felt like, even though what has happened to her has never happened to me, I could relate to it.
Kid, 10 years old October 20, 2014

My fifth favorite book

I am 10 and I love this book. It teaches you to be different, special, and unique. It teaches to dance like everyone's watching. Also, it the opposite of all gradeschool books where the main character's goal is to fit in. In this book Stargirl's goal is to stand out If there were moe stars I'd rate it 100/100 stars. If you haven't already READ it.
Kid, 12 years old October 15, 2014

Great Book!

I read it first when I was seven years old. I think it has great role models, an amazing plot, and good messages. Nothing that might be iffy or anything for any age. I just put the appropriate age as 7 because that is when i read it. it may be a little advanced for kids under 7 to read by themselves, but you can read it aloud to them if you want!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySocrates2000 February 8, 2014

Stargirl...awesome!

Wow. I was a little nervous about getting a book called 'Stargirl' from a book fair (sounded corny), but when I read the back of the book, I decided it was worth a shot. It wouldn't have been much of a waste, after all (it was 25 cents). I read it all in maybe 2 sittings, and immediately cried after it was over. It includes the massage: 'No matter who you are, just be yourself.'. A beautiful work. WARNING: SPOILER AHEAD! I was a little disappointed with the sequel, though.
Kid, 12 years old January 19, 2014

Wonderful Book!

This book was wonderful! The main character, Stargirl Caraway, was an excellent role model, my favorite character in the book! If you are wondering whether to read this book or not, just read it. You won't regret it. Just read it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnime_Stars October 10, 2013

Wonderful story about making a difference in a tense town and first love.

This is a wonderful, thought provoking story about being unique and surviving the ridicule. It really blew sparks in my heart, and I am cringing with excitement to read the sequel, Love Stargirl. =)