All member reviews for Story of a Girl

Coming-of-age story about girl who had sex at 13.

Teen, 16 years old Written byGoGetit October 13, 2009
This boook was amazing and had such a strong message. Most people don't understand what most young girls go through and are exposed too. EVERYONE talks about sex even elementary kids. I don't know if anyone agrees but it sounded like Stacey was doing something illegal on her little "trip". This book is outstanding and i encourage parents and teens to read the book. It has a very gripping, on edge climax. Hope you enjoy!
Teen, 16 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... January 22, 2010

perfect for just teens 13-19 READ IT!!!!!!

i love it because this can happen to any girl/boy and its teaching you that if you forgive nothing bad will happen just postive things.I wish that they make more books that are like this one i LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!=]
Teen, 16 years old Written bybieber_fever55 July 24, 2010

A Must-Read For Teens.

I thought this book was pretty good, and it didn't go into detail of sexual encounters. Another thing I'm sick of is this site saying there was drug refrences... there was one minor one, and same with the cursing. It is only used a few times. Although ONE flaw of the book is it is kind of depressing. The whole middle of the story was really sad and Deanna is kind of in a slump.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypoohbear1994 April 9, 2008

Know Your Child

this book was really good. but i'm 14. so i wouldn't recommend this book for an 11 year old unless they know what they are talking about or they will be really lost. i thought it was a really good book b/c it was told from a girl who was having sex at 13 and she was called names all throughout high school. it shows teens that waiting to have sex is really a good thing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKorbyn September 17, 2012

Very Good

This was a very good book, it was almost as if the book was teaching you what and what not to do. The main character Deena, is a positive role model.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysilly_samsters January 27, 2009

Good

This book is all about this girl who had sex when she was 13 and people found out that she did that and called her really bad names! So this book is telling you that you should wait to have sex otherwise you might just get called bad names.(i know i did)
Teen, 14 years old Written byRoush October 21, 2011

Good Book

I Think This Is An Amazing Book And That Ever Teenage Girl Should Read It XD
Teen, 16 years old Written by***ROCKSTAR*** June 1, 2011

AWESOME!!!

i think it was a good book because one day you will find about this and you will also have to read a book like this. other than that it was so INTERESTING!!! but if you look at schools today kids know a lot because of other kids especially not from these books
Adult Written bydoriielaiine April 5, 2011

Great book for kids over age 15

Loved it! I read it in my senior high of high school and did my report on it. Definitely didn't want to put this book down.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byunforgettable March 3, 2011

perfect for young adults

this book can show children how life sometimes works out. it can show them that nooones life is perfect nor is it anywhere near perfect. lives have ups and downs and everyone has their own stories. noone is perfect and that everyone makes mistakes that they must live with. i love this book because these things do happen everyday to millions of young adults, and it makes them feel alone. i believe this can help change a young adult mind, to help them prevent a big mistake, and if not preventable it can show them that they are not alone.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycream pufff December 10, 2010

not so good for kids under 15

ok story of a girl is a good book but i wouldnt give it to my 6 or 5 year old daughters because it does talk about sex and alot of details like how the boy raps his hand around her pony tail and bangs her and she starts to cry and he says its ok dee dee come on dee dee you look really good today dee dee come on it will get better
Teen, 14 years old Written byDreaaa.♥ December 10, 2010
It could give little girls ideas about how hard life is and it's not only about sex, drugs and love
Teen, 14 years old Written byerinl_2008 July 14, 2010

Terrible.

I really, really did not like this book. I started reading it, thinking it would get better, but it didn't. I just wanted it to end, Deanna isn't a very enjoyable character, and it was just flat out boring. Nothing excited happens, I just really did not like it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycarter112456 June 16, 2010

loove it!!

i would let anykid who could understand the book read it because if they know about it there less curios and go have sex
Teen, 14 years old Written byLocknKey May 10, 2010

help you in different stages of life.

it's awsome. this book is about a story. a different type of story. you will love it! it should exactly what the girl was going through. this book tell you anything is possible if your heart and mind is there.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCiiiiiara. May 6, 2010

good examples on what not to do when your a teen.

I liked it, it was very breif and to the point about most things but i thought by having that it showed exactly what she was going through and how she got through it or how she's trying to get through. The whole sex and drugs thing i think isn't a bad idea as long as you know what your doing and if you don't get caught doing it, and you use some sort of protection. I loved this book.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysweettonya7 May 5, 2010
well the amin idea of this book is sex. a girl has a affair and now is know as a very bad person. so the girl is jus trying to deal with it. the sex is not very bad but has some bad sexuaL REFRENCES. the language was kind abad
Teen, 14 years old Written byNida Sundrani April 6, 2010
Teen, 15 years old Written byxx1214babyyxx September 6, 2009
I am 16 years old right now, but i was 13 when i read the book, and i LOVE it. What you need to know is, this book is NOT just about some girl that had sex when she was 13. Its about more than that. The story takes place when she was 16, and she has to live with all the bad decisions she has made, and tries to figure out how to make her life better, and i think that she succeeded very much. This book is very emotional and is and will always be one of my very favorites.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycalmreader May 5, 2009

Know when to stop

This book is about a girl that had sex when she was thirteen. This is an inapropiate book for an eleven year old. They can get confused while reading it. I was a situation like deanna, but i knew when to stop. This book is like a model of my life, and what i should've done.