All member reviews for Stuart Little

Excellent bridge from chapter books to novels.

Kid, 11 years old June 10, 2009

THERE IS SOME SMOKING
Parent of an infant, 1, 7, 7, 15, and 18 year old Written byCommanderer March 16, 2009

Really Silly: As a teacher

As a teacher I would say that this book is very boring and horrible. I read it to my students and they thought that it was B-O-R-I-N-G!
Kid, 7 years old March 10, 2009
Kid, 9 years old May 4, 2009

Very good book.

Teen, 14 years old Written byariela2224 April 9, 2008

The book of the rat and the boy

The book is about a rat and he is in a home and the boy going to a foster home to find a brother and he dont see a brother that he likes his mom brings a rat to there home and the boy hates the rat and at the end they become best friends and there is a 2nd part to the book. There is also a movie.
Adult Written bysarah_from_yale April 9, 2008

A wonderful children's book

My parents read this book aloud to me when I was in preschool, and I was fascinated by Stuart's adventures, which only became more interesting once I read it by myself. All of E.B. White's childrens books are fantastic (especially Trumpet of the Swan), and kids will only wish that the book was longer! Since it is a chapter book with few pictures, it's best read a little at a time with younger kids.
Adult Written bycook February 26, 2009
Parent of a 10 year old Written bycaramal9007 September 11, 2010

Parent of a 7 year old Written byLivisMom August 22, 2010

i would not recommend this book to 3rd grader unless you want them to stop reading all together!

this book was so boring that we returned it to the library and took out the audio.It still was boring but the book report got done.
Adult Written by7Redmers March 23, 2012

Extremely disappointing.

I thought this book was rather disappointing. The review here states that Stuart is valiant and polite and while those are nice characteristics to have, I think that it is overshadowed by his self-pity toward the end. The book kind of falls apart in the last chapters and barely seems to have any continuity. I was trying to justify it by looking for some higher allegorical meaning - but any conclusions that could be drawn seemed to be far too adult for any child of elementary school age to understand or appreciate.
Parent Written byckl4d August 1, 2013

wonderful story, beautifully written...with a caveat

This is my all time favorite book. However, the ending for some children can be wrenching. There's no resolution. As adults we know Stuart's "heading in the right direction" but for a child Stuart is heading out alone in the world...his parents left behind, and his beloved Margelo still lost. The aloneness in the world and the searching for something that may never be found can be terribly sad for some children.