Kid reviews for Supergifted

Laughs mix with life lessons in strong middle school sequel.

Based on 1 review

Based on 1 review
Teen, 16 years old Written byjoy_joy November 18, 2018

Gordon Korman has made an AWESOME sequel!!!

This is a really good book that is the sequel to Gordon Korman's "Ungifted"!!! This story is (obviously) the continuation of the first book and I'm telling you now that if you haven't read the first book read that one first, because this story might not make complete sense. This story is about middle school bullying and popularity crises. There is more physical violence and threats than the first story, but it definitely keeps you turning the pages!! You can totally relate with one character or another (depending if you're average like me or a genius like one of the main characters) and feel their problems weigh on you. We hear about the cheerleaders mini-skirts, and about a swim party. We see some words that might be sensitive to some kids but are just part of the normal teen culture (don't worry there are no cuss words or just bad words). This story is based off a lie that was told in the book and it spirals out of control. You are shown both sides of the story and can see how one person genuinely thinks he's doing right, while the other see's it as the other guy is a huge jerk to him in his wrong but innocent thinking. It's a great story that makes you think about if you're really bullying someone and don't know it.