All member reviews for Sweethearts

Mature love story about teens with dark pasts.

Parent of a 17 year old Written byMari13 March 29, 2010

Perfect for older kids

i loved it was an amazing book.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHappyIce12 March 30, 2011

I read it when i was 13 and I loved it so much!! It was a book I could not put down.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPurstiltski7 March 18, 2010

Worthy for anyone

Great book with a great story, though sad as it may be. It exposes readers to things that really do exist, even if they aren't too good, but it's a book that I would definitely read again.
Teen, 17 years old Written bystarinatstars03 February 26, 2010

Let your kids learn.

If you hold your children back from reading books that involve certain situations, they will grow up to be ignorant and believe that nothing bad happens in the world. I think that by age 13 they will be able to cope with reading about Cameron's dad.
Adult Written bysouthparkfan15 April 9, 2008

Very Good book.

This is a very good book for ages 13+. Some language but nothing too bad.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bythager April 9, 2008

A disturbing, yet well-crafted story. The main charaters are stong, independet teens who have faced horrendous situations during childhood.While both have learned to cope, their coping comes at a high cost. A thought provoking novel for older teens.
Kid, 12 years old November 18, 2011

luved it but not good for younger kids

this book was amazing!!! but there was sex once with high school students and a break up between them because the guy was trying to force her into sex. there is a halloween party where the teens are drinking and there is lots of comments on one of the girls' boobs. one of the main characters dad also abused him as a child. it is a very interseting book though and nothing kids dont learn in life skills.
Teen, 15 years old Written byyesy November 1, 2009
Adult Written byEmmaLouO April 28, 2011

Growing Up Sheltered

I love this book. I first read it when I was 14 and I found that I couldn't put the book down. Jenna is a role model. She faces her troubles head on and she takes responsibility for her actions. That's more than anyone can say for a lot of the "role models" America's children have today. I see that people have issues with the message, as Jenna regains her unhealthy habits, however, they aren't the message. The message is that you can overcome those things, all you need is yourself. More violence can be found on news stations than what was in this book, as well as the drinking and language. People who are concerned about the kissing, watch the television shows your teenager watches. I dare you to find less sexual references in that show than there is in the entire book. Teenagers can handle way more than parents think. Sweethearts shows that there are always choices to be made, and only we can make the right ones.
Teen, 15 years old Written byOGORMAN April 12, 2011

Enthralling love story with different ending keeps you turning pages.

This is a total page-turner! I couldn't put it down! Both with troubled pasts, Cameron's dad was just messed up and Jenna's (Jennifer) food issues cause her daily pain. They grew up together until one day Cameron just disappeared... Then years later, he returns to find that the Jennifer he once knew has transformed into a totally different person, now preferring to be called Jenna, but he still loves her anyway. Like she says throughout the story, what she and Cameron have is a different kind of love. He knows how to bring out the old her and she still cares deeply for him. Even though she hides her deep fear of her ugly past coming back to haunt her, she sticks with Cam. I especially loved the ending... not like every love story.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymeekamay3 March 19, 2010

Teen, 17 years old Written byjackiebrookee February 14, 2010

perfect for teenagers facing their first love.

a very good love story, but it also deals with how first loves don't always last.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDareDevilDani December 13, 2009

This book is about discovering who you are, and unlike like most books written for the young adult audience, it doesn't end in a kiss between the two main characters, and them living happily ever after. It involves real life and real life situations. It shows how important friendship is. How one little thing can take everything you've previously known and turn it completely upside down. All in all, a good read for teens
Teen, 14 years old Written byKatrina123 August 11, 2009

I loved the book! Father is not a good role model. But a fantastic love story.
Teen, 14 years old Written byxXmegan1111Xx March 22, 2009

im a Teen contributor it was "ok"

it was an ok book it really lost me when she ended up lossing it or giving it to her bf of 2 in a half months but other than that it was ok