All member reviews for The Adventures of Captain Underpants: An Epic Novel

Kid, 12 years old February 12, 2011

Inapproprite for little kids

Okay, but some changes can be made to make it more kid friendly and interesting.
Kid, 12 years old July 24, 2010

funny, but too easy

its no harry potter or percy jackson, but its humorous. its easy, very very easy with some jokes about violence (the extremely graphic violence chapter, part 1) wich isnt graphic or violent.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNoseStuckInABook April 22, 2010

If a kid reads this young...what will they be reading in ten years?

Disgusting. Not worth your time.
Teen, 15 years old Written byclass of 2012 May 29, 2010

perfect for the youngins =]

i absolutely loved this book when i read it for the first time. i thought it was hilarious partly b/c it was so corny. it was something fun to read in contrast to some of the cookie-cutter books being fed to kids
Teen, 16 years old Written byhamstergurl09 November 28, 2010

I Own Every Book In The Series, and Am Not Ashamed to Say So.

When I was in second and third grade, I was a huge fan of Captain Underpants. Most kids around that age group go through a Captain Underpants phase. Obviously with a name like "Captain Underpants," toilet humor is to be expected. But see, it's not JUST toilet humor. There are plenty of other types of jokes and witty comments made by the characters. Dav Pilkey is hilarious and super creative. Though this might seem like a "boy" book series, I know plenty of girls who like it, too (including yours truly). A must-read for every kid, in my opinion.
Teen, 14 years old Written by96grlpowrCE March 17, 2010

Immature? Yes. Horrible? Nah...

Most people have pointed out how uneducational and trashy this series can be, and I fully agree. With villains like Professor Poopypants and Wedgie Woman, toilet humour is inevitable in these books. However, it wouldn't matter if it was a graphic novel about Richard Simmons on a quest to find a magical talking leotard of wisdom and prosperity... if it's a gateway book to reading, it's a good thing, regardless of how immature it can be. And yes, it is immature, but it got a lot of kids hooked on reading when it came out (what do you expect kids to read in elementary school? Pride and Prejudice?), and not only that, but it's got those random moments on occasions that are just wildly hilarious-- to me, at least.
Kid, 8 years old July 26, 2010

Somewhat gross

it is a good book but gross,like where do you get the ideas of a 3-d hypno ring that turns your grumpy princable to a super hero that saves the world and battles dr. diaper. And that is also violence. and there is bad messages played by the role models which make them bad. Like them changing the ad that was on the board to something gross. But most small kids will think is pretty funny even i think it is kinda funny. but it is a good book for 6+.
Kid, 8 years old October 14, 2011

Laughs, Excitement, Thrills. Just the right kind of inappropriateness.

It's awesome. In one part of the book, Captain Underpants says "Halt in the Name of Underwear!". His powers: He has wedgie power and he can fling lots of underpants. More powerful than a pair of boxer shorts.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDisneyFan213 August 31, 2010

Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviegeek April 9, 2008

Huh? This is supposed to be funny?

I read this "book" when I was in grade 5 and it left me scratching my head. Why would anyone want to read this? Why would parents let their child read this? Why was I reading this? To say the least, I didn't read any of the others in the series. Parents, really, if you can't get your kids to read, let 'em play outside instead. This "book" isn't worth their time and they will definitely learn more running around with their friends than reading this rubbish.
Kid, 11 years old October 31, 2011

Immature? Shoosh yes. Horrible? Almost...

I wish I could call this book one of my favorite half-comic half-novels, but I just can't. This book was a little too bland at times, or maybe it wasn't funny enough, or maybe I'm just a rotten negative Nancy. Anyways, this book is not only an educational benefit to interest kids in other books, but it's an amazing "comic class" if you want to tweak your comic skills! It is a good work-together kind of book, and I recommend it to reluctant kids who want their superheroes super heroic, but not too violent of a mishmash. It does have an endless amount of fun with toilet humor jokes, including a superhero that walks around in his underwear, a plan involving rubber poop, etc.

I laughed

The kids do so much damage. Captain Underpants saves them. The princapal doesn't even know it's him that's captain underpants! It's amazing how they defeat villians. I just think this book is good for young children out there. There I end it!
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

Tra-la-laaaa!

Captain Underpants is very funny and is made so you can laugh and fall on the floor laughing! There is some nude where Principal Krupp changes into Capitain Underpants and very crazy parts too!
Teen, 15 years old Written byPS2freek April 9, 2008

OK

I used to read it and it was pretty funny. Absolutely no inappropriate stuff in my opinion, just tons bathroom humor.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAzumari April 9, 2008

Yeah... Bathroom humor...

What the person on top said. Potty humor. I used to read him every night until they stopped coming out with new books. One time, I read it in the middle of the night and I burst out laughing. I wonder if anyone heard me...
Kid, 9 years old August 31, 2009

xD

ITS FUNNY!

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

Kid, 11 years old September 22, 2011

captain underpants

i thought it was funny its not bad but not good rolemodels but it is probable for kids 6 & up
Kid, 12 years old October 13, 2009

Funny when you're six. Rubbish immature trash when you're over nine. This silly yet harmless adventure of a man running around in his underpants will entertain and amuse young kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written by503 September 12, 2011

is a cool and funny book