All member reviews for The Adventures of Captain Underpants: An Epic Novel

Teen, 14 years old Written byvalley1234 October 13, 2013

great

its a great book your kids will really enjoy it
Kid, 11 years old September 18, 2013

A little violence but AWSOME!!!

This a really awesome book! I just go the remastered in full color and it rocks! But there is some violence though. Such as George and Harold beating the tar out of 2 robots and a massive explosion in an abandon building, but overall, Captain Underpants is a really good book!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHardcoreMinecrafter1 June 3, 2013

Captain Underpants, Must Read Review Parents!!

Not the best of children's books. Inappropriate bathroom humor, and ridiculous jokes that don't make sense. Bad role model/ example, for kids. Misleading. Not education based.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy September 18, 2012

Captain Underpants is the 2nd best book series of all time,next to Diary Of A Wimpy Kid.

Man,Captain Underpants is awesome! It's soooooooooooo funny! Sure after reading the title of the book,you think it would be gay like Justin Bieber! But when you read it,you get AMAZED! It's such a funny book! I agree with JEDI micah!
Teen, 16 years old Written byDrCool June 6, 2012

Captain Underpants is perfect for all ages!

I love this book! There are funny moments! The characters are perfectly drawn and it's got A LOT of action! Enjoy!
Teen, 13 years old Written bystan101 May 25, 2012

funny as heck

it really is epic.
Kid, 11 years old February 22, 2012

A+ choice for reluctant readers

This "epic novel" packs a ton of cartoony, silly violence and potty humor, which will definitely appeal to young boys and/or reluctant readers. George and Harold are mostly good boys, but your kids may pick up a few things about skipping school and wreaking havoc around the neighborhood.
Kid, 11 years old October 31, 2011

Immature? Shoosh yes. Horrible? Almost...

I wish I could call this book one of my favorite half-comic half-novels, but I just can't. This book was a little too bland at times, or maybe it wasn't funny enough, or maybe I'm just a rotten negative Nancy. Anyways, this book is not only an educational benefit to interest kids in other books, but it's an amazing "comic class" if you want to tweak your comic skills! It is a good work-together kind of book, and I recommend it to reluctant kids who want their superheroes super heroic, but not too violent of a mishmash. It does have an endless amount of fun with toilet humor jokes, including a superhero that walks around in his underwear, a plan involving rubber poop, etc.
Kid, 8 years old October 14, 2011

Laughs, Excitement, Thrills. Just the right kind of inappropriateness.

It's awesome. In one part of the book, Captain Underpants says "Halt in the Name of Underwear!". His powers: He has wedgie power and he can fling lots of underpants. More powerful than a pair of boxer shorts.
Kid, 11 years old September 22, 2011

captain underpants

i thought it was funny its not bad but not good rolemodels but it is probable for kids 6 & up
Teen, 13 years old Written by503 September 12, 2011

is a cool and funny book
Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 April 22, 2011

Comical Story Filled With Action

While it's entertaing there's comical violence, rude humor galore, and two boys who are less than decent role models.
Kid, 12 years old February 12, 2011

Inapproprite for little kids

Okay, but some changes can be made to make it more kid friendly and interesting.
Teen, 16 years old Written byhamstergurl09 November 28, 2010

I Own Every Book In The Series, and Am Not Ashamed to Say So.

When I was in second and third grade, I was a huge fan of Captain Underpants. Most kids around that age group go through a Captain Underpants phase. Obviously with a name like "Captain Underpants," toilet humor is to be expected. But see, it's not JUST toilet humor. There are plenty of other types of jokes and witty comments made by the characters. Dav Pilkey is hilarious and super creative. Though this might seem like a "boy" book series, I know plenty of girls who like it, too (including yours truly). A must-read for every kid, in my opinion.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHTFMime November 3, 2010

I liked Captain underpants when I was in 2nd grade!

Captain underpants was my favorite book when I was in 2nd grade. I used to have all the books of this series. I'm 14 years old and still read them. However, I don't think this book should be apporite for children under 8 because it might have some humor that preschoolers would not understand. I think you should be at least in 2nd grade to read Captain underpants like me. Plus, don't really copy Captain underpants because I tried to act like him when I was in the 5th grade and got detention. Over all good book.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDisneyFan213 August 31, 2010

Kid, 8 years old July 26, 2010

Somewhat gross

it is a good book but gross,like where do you get the ideas of a 3-d hypno ring that turns your grumpy princable to a super hero that saves the world and battles dr. diaper. And that is also violence. and there is bad messages played by the role models which make them bad. Like them changing the ad that was on the board to something gross. But most small kids will think is pretty funny even i think it is kinda funny. but it is a good book for 6+.
Kid, 12 years old July 24, 2010

funny, but too easy

its no harry potter or percy jackson, but its humorous. its easy, very very easy with some jokes about violence (the extremely graphic violence chapter, part 1) wich isnt graphic or violent.
Teen, 15 years old Written byclass of 2012 May 29, 2010

perfect for the youngins =]

i absolutely loved this book when i read it for the first time. i thought it was hilarious partly b/c it was so corny. it was something fun to read in contrast to some of the cookie-cutter books being fed to kids
Teen, 13 years old Written byNoseStuckInABook April 22, 2010

If a kid reads this young...what will they be reading in ten years?

Disgusting. Not worth your time.