Kid reviews for The Battle of the Labyrinth: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 4

Thrilling fourth Percy Jackson sets war in motion.

Teen, 16 years old Written byBrigidArmbrust March 16, 2019
Teen, 15 years old Written byRhinoGamerHD February 17, 2019

Amazing!

Storytelling at its finest. Better than the previous books even though the previous ones are really really good. Bit slow at the start but got insanely interesting after a few chapters. I love this book, I cried (yes books can do that) made me laugh a lot, I was on the edge on my seat most of the time and inspired me to start writing my own stories. This book is just astounding and really impressive work.

Teen, 13 years old Written byNthun September 13, 2017

Kid, 9 years old July 8, 2017

Really good

As a typical tween I think this book is really good! It has good details but looks like had the wrong thoughts about Hera.She was kinda mean about Hephaestus' looks. But in all like I said this is a really good book!

Teen, 14 years old Written bylynnette_99 January 9, 2017

Percy Jackson and the Olympians

I would recommend reading this to younger siblings if they are the kind of kids who are interested in myths and fantasy. Summary: Percy Jackson is a half-blood. His father is the Sea god, Poseidon. His friend, Annabeth, has received a quest to go to the Labyrinth. She must find Deadelus and convince him to help her to help save the camp. If you are going to read this book, read the other one first to understand them. Also, there was a lot of killing monsters and a few deaths, so it is a bit violent.

Kid, 11 years old July 4, 2016

Amazing

This one has higher violence level. It has some head trama and other muture stuff. It is altoghter a great book.

Teen, 13 years old Written byryl May 6, 2016

My personal favourite

Good educational value is even more important in books nowadays, as more and more teachers are using them as tools. The violence in BOTL is minor compared to some of the new books aka Harry Potter, HG. A must read for fans of fantasy

Teen, 13 years old Written byFireIceWolf November 1, 2015

Exciting Yet Darker Than Previous Books

In this book Percy and some of his friends venture into the labyrinth: a maze that's alive and designed to kill. Some of the places Percy arrive at while he struggles through the labyrinth have mythological monsters or less than kind humanoids. One character, who seeks revenge on Percy, conspires with a ghost who tried to betray him. Said character (alright, alright its Nico) also raises the dead in attempts to communicate with his deceased sister. He later calls himself the "Ghost King", though by the end of the book he no longer wants revenge. Also a side note, yes this is a popular series. You can find many things related to this series on the Internet that are fan made. Some bad, some good. Yes this series is a "fandom" with a large following of "fangirls". (Both of those are 21st century terms you may or may not be familiar with.)

Kid, 9 years old February 25, 2015

Legendary

The Battle of the Labyrinth is an adventure through space and time. In this book Percy Jackson and his friends has to got through the Labyrinth Maze, which is filled with traps. Will Percy survive, will he able to defeat Kronos's army from destroying camp Half blood. Read the book to find out. :)

Teen, 14 years old Written byHolly_books January 23, 2015

Love this book!

Battle of the labyrinth was personally my second favourite in the PJO series (the last Olympian being first). I think that this is where it starts getting a little inappropriate for kids under 10 that aren't very mature. There is only one kiss, but younger children may not understand the romantic parts of the book, especially calypso's island. I personally loved this book. I think I first read it when I was 11, but really understood it when I re read it at age 12/13.

Teen, 13 years old Written byUseursense February 17, 2014

Hee hee hee! Loved it! I've only read up to this one and I think it's the best so far:)

I loved it!!!!!!! Percy is such a great role model and is soooooooo funny! ("Hey, your life's in mortal danger! Sleep tight!") Percy's "fatal flaw" is his friends. He just can't leave them behind, and that sometimes gets him into trouble. There is a wine god, but he isn't really present in this one as much as the others. There is fantasy violence, but it's not that descriptive as other books I have read. Overall, AMAZING READ I RECOMMEND HIGHLY. (Read books 1-3 first though.) It teaches about Greek mythology, which counts as educational, right? Yeah, right. It's awesome. Enough said.

Kid, 12 years old October 16, 2013

Totally amazing

It is totally awesome best of this series. No romance.

Kid, 10 years old August 9, 2013

Interesting Book.... Loved It!

Great book, I really loved it! It really focused me towards learning more about Greek Mythology and had some good messages, especially one at the end. It had some violence, but for me it wasn't really a problem because good fights evil and always brings peace. It was a book I would recommend to many. I can't wait to read The Last Olympian and then start with the Heroes of Olympus series.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybioniclecomeback56 December 15, 2012

My favorite book in the series so far.

I say 11+ would enjoy this better.

Kid, 12 years old October 29, 2012

A Must-Read

Wow! There were a lot of twists and turns in this book, but I loved them all!!!! Annabeth is one of my favorite female characters, she is very strong and a good leader and she is very present on this novel. I loved reading about the labyrinth and its confusing aspects and I guarantee you will too! Also, it is good for 9 and above because I read it in 4th grade and nothing stuck out to me as inappropriate. Great Book.

Kid, 9 years old September 7, 2012

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super exiting! Go girl power!!!!! Annabeth chase leads a quest. This is an awesome new addition.

Teen, 15 years old Written byrebma97 July 20, 2012

Another fun book in the PJ series

I really liked this one. The series gets more intriguing and exciting as you get closer to the last book. As with all the Percy Jackson books, themes of friendship and justice are present. Annabeth is a strong, intellegent girl, and Percy cares deeply about his friends. Violence: Typical Percy Jackson fantasy violence, usually involving monsters. Some are killed with swords, but there's no blood/gore. One character dies. Sex: Some budding romances; very mild.

Teen, 16 years old Written byHundav1 January 1, 2012

Well that's kind of silly...

I'm not really sure why there's a star under the "Sex" category and it says that Annabeth is jealous of Percy's crush, because THAT IS NOT SEX PEOPLE! There's nothing wrong with it, it's a cute little crush and there is one little kiss that's totally sweet and innocent. Minimal description of pretty minor violence, as usual. Nothing language-wise to worry about. It's sort of funny when they curse people in Greek because it means something like "Go to the Crows!" or something to that effect. Either way, it's a really cute book and one of the best of the series. I only put 10 & Up because I think that's probably about the age it will start interesting kids more. P.S. If your child is liable to have nightmares over minor things, just read it during the day since the ending scenes with Kronos could scare them a little bit late at night.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBooks rule October 23, 2011

I got lost in this book!

Epic! Rick does it again. He captures modern everyday life with mythology. One of my favorites in the series. There is more violence, but blood and gruesomeness is not very detailed. Though this book is very detailed. I would recommend this series/book to anyone.

Kid, 11 years old May 14, 2011

Yay!!!

Yay never give this book away its to majorly awsome