Kid reviews for The Battle of the Labyrinth: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 4

Thrilling fourth Percy Jackson sets war in motion.

Teen, 14 years old Written bylynnette_99 January 9, 2017

Percy Jackson and the Olympians

I would recommend reading this to younger siblings if they are the kind of kids who are interested in myths and fantasy. Summary: Percy Jackson is a half-blood. His father is the Sea god, Poseidon. His friend, Annabeth, has received a quest to go to the Labyrinth. She must find Deadelus and convince him to help her to help save the camp. If you are going to read this book, read the other one first to understand them. Also, there was a lot of killing monsters and a few deaths, so it is a bit violent.

Kid, 11 years old July 4, 2016

Amazing

This one has higher violence level. It has some head trama and other muture stuff. It is altoghter a great book.

Teen, 13 years old Written byryl May 6, 2016

My personal favourite

Good educational value is even more important in books nowadays, as more and more teachers are using them as tools. The violence in BOTL is minor compared to some of the new books aka Harry Potter, HG. A must read for fans of fantasy

Teen, 13 years old Written byFireIceWolf November 1, 2015

Exciting Yet Darker Than Previous Books

In this book Percy and some of his friends venture into the labyrinth: a maze that's alive and designed to kill. Some of the places Percy arrive at while he struggles through the labyrinth have mythological monsters or less than kind humanoids. One character, who seeks revenge on Percy, conspires with a ghost who tried to betray him. Said character (alright, alright its Nico) also raises the dead in attempts to communicate with his deceased sister. He later calls himself the "Ghost King", though by the end of the book he no longer wants revenge. Also a side note, yes this is a popular series. You can find many things related to this series on the Internet that are fan made. Some bad, some good. Yes this series is a "fandom" with a large following of "fangirls". (Both of those are 21st century terms you may or may not be familiar with.)

Teen, 14 years old Written byHolly_books January 23, 2015

Love this book!

Battle of the labyrinth was personally my second favourite in the PJO series (the last Olympian being first). I think that this is where it starts getting a little inappropriate for kids under 10 that aren't very mature. There is only one kiss, but younger children may not understand the romantic parts of the book, especially calypso's island. I personally loved this book. I think I first read it when I was 11, but really understood it when I re read it at age 12/13.

Kid, 12 years old October 16, 2013

Totally amazing

It is totally awesome best of this series. No romance.

Kid, 9 years old September 7, 2012

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super exiting! Go girl power!!!!! Annabeth chase leads a quest. This is an awesome new addition.

Teen, 15 years old Written byrebma97 July 20, 2012

Another fun book in the PJ series

I really liked this one. The series gets more intriguing and exciting as you get closer to the last book. As with all the Percy Jackson books, themes of friendship and justice are present. Annabeth is a strong, intellegent girl, and Percy cares deeply about his friends. Violence: Typical Percy Jackson fantasy violence, usually involving monsters. Some are killed with swords, but there's no blood/gore. One character dies. Sex: Some budding romances; very mild.

Teen, 16 years old Written byHundav1 January 1, 2012

Well that's kind of silly...

I'm not really sure why there's a star under the "Sex" category and it says that Annabeth is jealous of Percy's crush, because THAT IS NOT SEX PEOPLE! There's nothing wrong with it, it's a cute little crush and there is one little kiss that's totally sweet and innocent. Minimal description of pretty minor violence, as usual. Nothing language-wise to worry about. It's sort of funny when they curse people in Greek because it means something like "Go to the Crows!" or something to that effect. Either way, it's a really cute book and one of the best of the series. I only put 10 & Up because I think that's probably about the age it will start interesting kids more. P.S. If your child is liable to have nightmares over minor things, just read it during the day since the ending scenes with Kronos could scare them a little bit late at night.

Kid, 12 years old March 14, 2011

The best one!!

This is the best one in the series!!!! Nobody is missing!!! The plot and the dialogue are richer than in the others, and Rachel is a cool character.
Kid, 10 years old August 29, 2010