All member reviews for The BFG

Silly classic is great read-aloud.

Teen, 13 years old Written byWaluigi7 March 10, 2011

I LOVE THIS BOOK

I Love this book! I enjoy it, My favorite item in the book is "Snozzcumbers" which is a icky poo veggie that the bfg eats, Funny plot, Funny names, The story is about a little orphan girl named "Sophie" where she gets taken by a giant and she thinks the giant is going to eat her but she had noticed that this giant does not eat humans, so The BFG helps her put a end to the man eating giants. I recommend it for all ages!
Teen, 14 years old Written bydolphindreamer April 9, 2008

I loved this book!

This is a fabulous book! Ronald Dahl has such a creative imagination. Its a great book for all ages and it will leave you happy and laughing till your sides hurt!

Great book!

This is an awsome book and everyone should read it!
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byJojano April 1, 2011

Definitely a fun read-aloud

I read this book to my kids when they were younger (probably 5 & 7 yrs) and we all enjoyed it. They loved that I gave the giant a silly low voice when he spoke, and I spoke in a British accent when the Queen of England spoke. There was nothing questionable about this book. Highly recommend.
Teen, 17 years old Written bykiana green12 January 21, 2012

amazing

Kid, 10 years old June 12, 2011

THE BEST BOOK ON THE PLANET

The Best Book Ever. By far the best book on the planet. If you want to read this book make sure you will be able to understand it. The plans they make up are so cool!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old March 11, 2011

Fifth graders Love the BFG

This amusing and memorable book “The BFG” published by Roald Dahl it is a very remarkable story! That will have our heart glowing with joy. It will make you very cheerful and outstanding. This book the “The BFG” was about a giant he was very delightful he takes this little girl her name was sophie he caught sophie looking out the window when sophie was looking at him so the BFG went and got her to take her to giant land. My favorite part of the book was when the BFG blows sophie to FLESHLUMPEATER’S nose to me it was funny. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes funny giants. Written by Ariel Venegas and Denise Vasquez in Ms. Campa's 5th grade Class
Teen, 14 years old Written byKiauna November 1, 2010

Reviewing books

I love this book
Adult Written bysoojin98 September 20, 2009

To the ungrateful people who run this website.

This is a very lovingly written book for practically all ages. It is a classic, a favorite for nearly every age, and yet you rating is the small empty 'Good Messages' Not an Issue." That is just unacceptable. In fact, almost all of your reviews are the same; unappreciative, empty, and totally ignoring the actual worth of the book. No comments of the writing's good things, there is simply nothing of substance, of clarity, of a proper review. I suggest you improve and make the reviews a little richer in detail.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymissjess1205 June 21, 2012

Good

I think its a good book
Kid, 11 years old September 27, 2011

the wizzpopper

i like the wizzpopper thing
Kid, 10 years old May 4, 2011

This Story Rocks

I think that this story is soo awsome i read it to my lil sister and she said to me THANK SOOO MUCH
Parent of a 8 and 8 year old Written bylschlezinger January 18, 2011

One of Our Roald Dahl Favorites!

This is a delightful story of a little girl who befriends a gentle giant. We listened to the audio book during a recent road trip. We were all entertained, and charmed by that BFG who struggles finding the right words ("See Sofie, was I right, or was I left?)., but manages to learn the right things to do.

I laughed!

This book was very interesting. It was funny, too. I love all Roald Dahl Books.

This is and amazingly good book

The BFG was awesome! I like how the girl is talks about the 'Witching Hour' and the BFG steals her from her bed because she saw him and wouls surely tell everyone. This book has a great message and a superb ending. I recommend this book to everyone in the world!
Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2012

DREAM GIVING GAINT

IT IS A VERY EXITING BOOK TO READ YOU SHOULD TRY IT TO
Teen, 16 years old Written bymovieman09 April 9, 2008

Classic...

I remember the teacher reading this to me in fourth grade and i loved it. In fact, i think i read it like, 3 more times that year.
Kid, 7 years old July 9, 2016

I can't even tell you how awesome it is!!!

The Bfg is super!I loved reading it! It is really funny! I liked when the Bfg carries Sophie in his huge ear! When I finished the book I really wanted to see the movie too! I think you guys will love the book too!!!
Kid, 10 years old June 20, 2015

Amazing book!

I recommend this book both for reading aloud and alone. The only scary parts are that giants eat people. But nobody cares about that anymore if you know the good parts of this story. This book has lots of humor and Roald Dahl's books are the best, seriously! If you can stand people getting eaten (no pictures though) then you can read this ! Enjoy!
Teen, 13 years old Written byEnvironment May 6, 2015
The BFG is a really great book. Even in middle school, it still makes me get the giggles and get those suspenseful moments. It can have nightmare parts which might scare sensitive children, but otherwise, this is a lighthearted, fun, suspenseful book that is great for elementary students.