Silly classic is great read-aloud.

Parent of a 8 and 8 year old Written bylschlezinger January 18, 2011

One of Our Roald Dahl Favorites!

This is a delightful story of a little girl who befriends a gentle giant. We listened to the audio book during a recent road trip. We were all entertained, and charmed by that BFG who struggles finding the right words ("See Sofie, was I right, or was I left?)., but manages to learn the right things to do.
Teen, 14 years old Written by3alaya February 15, 2011

It is good for kids aged 9 and above but might not for under 9 or at least 8

Good but need improving on summery
Kid, 10 years old October 10, 2016

Creative Book

Roald Dahl's The BFG is a very creative and interesting book, But some parts may not be appropriate for little kids. there are some kind of scary names, and most of the giants eat people, but it is not that scary. the giants use some made-up language so it may be difficult for little kids to read, but overall it is a Great and interesting book.
Adult Written byCosette V. July 23, 2016

Fun, imaginative, and silly! Just what kids love.

This book would be approrpiate for any age that is able to easily discern fact from fiction, whether read aloud to smaller children or read independently by older children. Basically, if they are OK reading about giants eating children, then they'd enjoy this book. It made for a great summer book for my proficiently reading 6 year old since a lot of books at this reading level are not appropriate content-wise. It definitely immerses the reader into another, imaginary world with many made up words and silly scenarios as Sophie and the BFG team up to defeat the other child-eating giants. Very fun!
Parent Written bytreat02 March 2, 2012

just fine

The BFG himself is very nice. The other giants are not. This book is well-written but may scare some. Other giants eat people and its very strange. There is something that refers to farts. Otherwise great.
Kid, 11 years old January 3, 2011
Verry good and rocks I love the way its funny and its good for kids ages 6+!!!! They would LOVE it just how i did!
Kid, 10 years old November 23, 2010
I loved reading this book and it was astounding to read about the giants that ate children.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysingam August 16, 2010
Love it
Kid, 11 years old January 27, 2010

I love this book!

This is a great book! Even the name pulls you in. BFG, it means Big Friendly Giant. You have to read it. It's Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old December 4, 2009

goood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its an excellent book except when the giant says the words wrong so i do not thin little kids should read it.
Adult Written bytackyspoons April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byDom16 April 9, 2008

I laughed!

I thought it was a great book. Lots of humor, Eight year old should read this book. Im 12 I remember reading it in grade three i was 9. I recomend this book for kids ages 8-up.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Funny laugh- out- loud funny book!!!!!!!!!