All member reviews for The Bone Season

Teen, 15 years old Written byTheReader April 10, 2014

A must read!

I've read this book three times now and fall more in love with it every time! I looked this book up on this website because I was curious to see what others said about it, when I saw the reviews I have to say that I was shocked. The Bone Season has many great qualities and I think is great for teens above the age of about 13. The main character is a strong willed female with a fierce determination of what is right and wrong and that it is important to help others. The book does have some sexual content but overall it shows that the character was able to overcome what happened and realized that taking out her feelings the way she did sexually was wrong (I don't like to give away spoilers, sorry). The Bone Season does contain some swearing but it is fairly limited compared to what kids watch or read nowadays. Another thing parents might want to be aware of is the drugs, there are a few characters in the story who use "aster" which is a drug, however the main character does not believe in using it and the book clearly doesn't support this use. One of the major draws in my opinion, as a 15 year old, is the love part of the story. Most teenage girls love some romance in their books and The Bone Season has the perfect amount of just that. It is not full of the love part though, which I think is another great aspect of the book because it means that guys can read it, too! To me and my friends, Samantha Shannon has created many fascinating ideas and woven them together into one jaw-dropping story. Please read this book, I am just dying to share the Bone Season with others and for people to pick this up and discover another great book.