All member reviews for The Book of Three

Adolescents take to this swashbuckling adventure.

Kid, 9 years old May 6, 2011

Best Book Ever!

Best book I’ve ever read next to Harry Potter! The characters really come to life. I was completely engaged in the story. Although there are battles and torture, it’s not too violent. I loved it!!! Thank you Lloyd Alexander.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byjustaposition April 23, 2009

I have never forgotten my joy at reading this series

i read The Book of Three when i was 11 or 12, not knowing it was the first in a series. i have never forgotten the sense of total enjoyment and amazement at reading this book, and the multiplied joy to discover that it was the first in a series - that i was able to read more of the adventures of Taran, Eilonwy, Gurgi, F.Flam and others. these books are fantastic. i will never forget the name of Lloyd Alexander.
Teen, 13 years old Written byA.M. September 18, 2010

One of my favorites!

This used to be my favorite book! Every time we had to write a book report in school I would choose to read this, even though I've read it a million times. There is a disney movie called the Black Caulron "based" on the books. It ruined the Lotr-style fantasy and turned it into a little-kiddish fairy tale. This book was so cool, but a little violent. I found the main character whiney, but he became more mature in the other books. I love Princess Eilownwy's metaphors and bossy tone, and Gurgi is timeless. Great book! It's one of the few novels that I can escape into. Well, what are you waiting for? Go read it!!!!
Parent of a 6, 8, and 10 year old Written bylotalaughs August 19, 2010

Good but not great

My 8 and 10 yr old boys listened to the audio book with me. They enjoyed it and have listened to the next in the series. I thought it was a good story with interesting characters. My 8 yr old could not have read this on his own.
Teen, 13 years old Written byavidcritc April 9, 2008

great characters- just not the main one...

i think that perhaps the oddest thing about this book is that while there are a bunch of great characters in it, the main character makes you want to fall asleep! welsh names make it a little hard to read, but the story's okay.
Adult Written bypooreme April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byjonnypants23 April 9, 2008

Not impressed

This book was not wat i thought it was gonna be lik. it was.... boring. It didnt take me in to the storie lik it should. I do not belive you should read this book.