All member reviews for The Book of Three

Kid, 9 years old May 6, 2011

Best Book Ever!

Best book I’ve ever read next to Harry Potter! The characters really come to life. I was completely engaged in the story. Although there are battles and torture, it’s not too violent. I loved it!!! Thank you Lloyd Alexander.
Teen, 13 years old Written byA.M. September 18, 2010

One of my favorites!

This used to be my favorite book! Every time we had to write a book report in school I would choose to read this, even though I've read it a million times. There is a disney movie called the Black Caulron "based" on the books. It ruined the Lotr-style fantasy and turned it into a little-kiddish fairy tale. This book was so cool, but a little violent. I found the main character whiney, but he became more mature in the other books. I love Princess Eilownwy's metaphors and bossy tone, and Gurgi is timeless. Great book! It's one of the few novels that I can escape into. Well, what are you waiting for? Go read it!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byavidcritc April 9, 2008

great characters- just not the main one...

i think that perhaps the oddest thing about this book is that while there are a bunch of great characters in it, the main character makes you want to fall asleep! welsh names make it a little hard to read, but the story's okay.

Teen, 14 years old Written byjonnypants23 April 9, 2008

Not impressed

This book was not wat i thought it was gonna be lik. it was.... boring. It didnt take me in to the storie lik it should. I do not belive you should read this book.