All member reviews for The Borrowers

Kid, 10 years old February 20, 2011

Perfect for age six and up but not for five year olds.

My mom and I loved it! Good role models and awsome story. It was really exciting and has a little twist.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolteena2 April 9, 2008

this was a good book

it shows lots of fantasy
Kid, 8 years old July 18, 2012

i love this book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is a really good book and it taught me a very good lesson.
Teen, 14 years old Written byScreennameGirl March 2, 2012

Amazing Book!

This is a great book! I loved it. The tiny borrowers go on an amazing journey in the human world. It might have some bigger vocabulary words for some of the younger children, because after all it was published in 1952. If you liked the book you should see Disney's new movie "The Secret World of Arriety" which roughly goes along with the book. They have also have made a few other movies which were not cartoons/animated in the past.
Adult Written byjnyboy July 4, 2010

great for tweens and up

Anyone who doesn't like it, hasen't read it. It is a great book for tweens and up, good starter, good terms, good story line, no violence, sex, drugs, stupid parents, good starter book.
Parent of a 3, 5, and 8 year old Written bygonzi March 21, 2012

Lovely old-fashioned story still has traction in 21st century

I thought the old fashioned language might be a turn-off for my daughter but she really loves the concept of tiny people hidden within a house, and is willing to perservere with some of the old, particularly English vocabulary. It's been good from a historical perspective too, explaining household life in Edwardian England and some of the issues around class etc.
Teen, 14 years old Written bywolvesrkool February 24, 2012

th inspiration

it inspires my kids to explore and to not let other kids pick on them in any way