Part fantasy, part mystery, part treasure hunt.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybrieona December 6, 2011

Good read with an interesting setting.

I found this to be my favorite of the four books in the Ember series. The setting really adds to the suspense. I first read it when I was in fifth grade, and I really liked it. It is probably best for ages 8-12, as some of the plot points may be difficult for younger kids to grasp.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysharpblaze2 October 22, 2011

The City of Ember (The First Book of Ember)

This book is a truley amazing book, it shows how How the 2 main characters try to escape their crumbling city. This is a sci-fiction book and is very intresting, I recomend you read it
Teen, 15 years old Written byhayzy101 August 12, 2011

City of Ember

i loved this book it was amazing i would read it twice!! it was amazing how the people lived then.
Kid, 11 years old March 7, 2011
love it
Teen, 14 years old Written bymutation monkey February 20, 2011

for anyone

I just got done reading it and it is one of the best books i have ever read, which is good because i have read a lot of books in 13 years.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysk8tinggirl1 October 26, 2010

this book is perfect for 10+ who love adventure

I had this book at the age of nine/ten and i could not get my face out of it the story was so addictive if you like mystery, adventure and the true meaning of friendship this book is so for you! :)
Kid, 12 years old September 11, 2010

Worth a read.

When I read this book I had just read some fantasy novel that isn't reviewed here that I consider one of my favorite books, so naturally, this was eclipsed. But really, it is a strong mystery sci-fi book that takes you on twists and turns and really asks questions about what would happen if society was completely different. It's down to the wire, and a strong ending makes me want to read the sequal, if I can ever get my hands on it. It is a stand alone book, though, and a great one.
Kid, 9 years old August 19, 2010

its okay

it was okay. i will probably read the next book. its a little hard to read because its confusing at parts. its pretty good but not my favorite.. if you read it i hope you enjoy it!
Kid, 12 years old July 28, 2010

Awesome Book with Good Role Models

This is my favorite book series. Post-Apocalyptic themes are my favorite and it gives me a feeling of isolation when reading. I recommend this series to anyone wanting thrill and an experience of a lifetime!
Kid, 10 years old June 20, 2010

It's good

It's good. I had some trouble figuring out who the main character was.
Kid, 11 years old February 26, 2010
I lo
Teen, 13 years old Written byMaraam February 10, 2010

Perfect for any age from 10-13 year olds

I loved it!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written by030498 January 28, 2010

i luv the movie and book

i luved it i thought it was a good thing for kids to like and to play on and to read and watch dha movie
Kid, 12 years old December 30, 2009

The cream of the crop!

It was great! The description was oh so fine and the characters were oh so fun to imagine. I recommend this book to any SERIOUS reader, NOT one who reads just so they don't get yelled at school. If you truly enjoy to read, you'll like this. The positive messages include about saving resources and to stand out and show what you believe.
Kid, 11 years old November 25, 2009
Teen, 13 years old Written bystarshine321 November 18, 2009

Not my favorite book of all time

A while back i read this book about half way through i just stopped reading it.... i did not like it to much... If you want a good book to read i would HIGHLY suggest The Giver =) that is now one of my favorite books =) althought i will admitt it gets kind of confusing at some points.... but you will understand it all when your finished =)
Kid, 10 years old November 11, 2009

good

i read this book a while ago, and i loved it! good, but not my complete favorite
Kid, 12 years old September 13, 2009

e.g. Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

I am a 12 year old girl and personally, I dont like to read. When I read the back of the book, it seemed very interesting. The first part of the book was cool. It told a lot of important information that would intrest young readers. in the middle of the book it got better and better filled with a lot of suspence and a shocking ending! The puurpose of this book is kinda to figure out where these people live because the sky is black instead of blue and the only animals that live there are bugs. I would recommend this book and I loved it!
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byiwmacswa September 2, 2009
Teen, 15 years old Written byAsoka August 6, 2009

Bad. Just----Bad.

I've read a lot of books, but this one takes the cake for being the worst. The plot is stupid. The character Lina Mayfleet is annoying and childish. The only reason I read this book was because of the creative setting. The events are sometimes random. I wouldn't say it was terrible, but it's not even anywhere near okay.