All member reviews for The City of Ember

Part fantasy, part mystery, part treasure hunt.

Kid, 10 years old June 20, 2010

It's good

It's good. I had some trouble figuring out who the main character was.
Kid, 11 years old February 26, 2010

I lo
Teen, 13 years old Written byMaraam February 10, 2010

Perfect for any age from 10-13 year olds

I loved it!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written by030498 January 28, 2010

i luv the movie and book

i luved it i thought it was a good thing for kids to like and to play on and to read and watch dha movie
Kid, 12 years old December 30, 2009

The cream of the crop!

It was great! The description was oh so fine and the characters were oh so fun to imagine. I recommend this book to any SERIOUS reader, NOT one who reads just so they don't get yelled at school. If you truly enjoy to read, you'll like this. The positive messages include about saving resources and to stand out and show what you believe.
Kid, 11 years old November 25, 2009
Teen, 13 years old Written bystarshine321 November 18, 2009

Not my favorite book of all time

A while back i read this book about half way through i just stopped reading it.... i did not like it to much... If you want a good book to read i would HIGHLY suggest The Giver =) that is now one of my favorite books =) althought i will admitt it gets kind of confusing at some points.... but you will understand it all when your finished =)
Kid, 10 years old November 11, 2009

good

i read this book a while ago, and i loved it! good, but not my complete favorite
Kid, 12 years old September 13, 2009

e.g. Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

I am a 12 year old girl and personally, I dont like to read. When I read the back of the book, it seemed very interesting. The first part of the book was cool. It told a lot of important information that would intrest young readers. in the middle of the book it got better and better filled with a lot of suspence and a shocking ending! The puurpose of this book is kinda to figure out where these people live because the sky is black instead of blue and the only animals that live there are bugs. I would recommend this book and I loved it!
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byiwmacswa September 2, 2009

Teen, 15 years old Written byAsoka August 6, 2009

Bad. Just----Bad.

I've read a lot of books, but this one takes the cake for being the worst. The plot is stupid. The character Lina Mayfleet is annoying and childish. The only reason I read this book was because of the creative setting. The events are sometimes random. I wouldn't say it was terrible, but it's not even anywhere near okay.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymaddy940 June 6, 2009

very good

this book was very interesting and the pictures in my mind were very descriptive because of the authors detail. she did a great job! i reccomend it for all ages.
Teen, 15 years old Written byemmaloo96 May 31, 2009

Great book...my eyes were glued!!!!!!!!!!!!

great book never slow or boring. mysterious
Teen, 13 years old Written bylalalandbabie May 21, 2009

i love this book

this book is the best book I've ever fav. i would die for it this book i love it so much read it my fav is when is the lights went out then they found out that there was a world above ti i love love love love it i recommend this book to all ages and all different types of people!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old April 11, 2009

I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!

MY FAVROITE WAS THE SECOND ONE. BUT THE THIRD BOOK*THE PROPHET OF YONWOOD* WASNT THAT BAD, I THOUGHT THE ENDING WAS PRETTY COOL HOIW IT ALL TIED TOGHETER
Teen, 14 years old Written byDappled_Dag April 5, 2009

Ember

Yes, I read all four books. In my opinion, this is the best one, and the lowest would probably be the third because it doesn't have much to do with the other books in the series. I've got to be honest, the only reason I actually stuck with this series was because of the character of Doon. He was interesting, and clever. I thought Lina in the book was ok, but a bit bland. Nothing about her was all that interesting except her adorable little sister, and the fact that she lived underground. I lived the cover of the second book! Very nice series, I'd recommend to most of my friends.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 April 2, 2009

glad to say I've read 3 outta the 4 of the series, after the 3rd I lost interest...

Very addicting start to an interesting series.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymileyhunt March 30, 2009

the book is different

ok. like this is true. its unbelievable and too predictable. It would be a good book with more romance between the two caracheters
Teen, 14 years old Written bytwilight-luver January 10, 2009

i loved this book!!

this book was very good i got it free at a book store and desided to read it after i read the first couple of chapters i fell in love with it then my parents read it and they loved it too!the end of the book is such a cliff hanger it will leave you wanting more i so far have read all the books in the series and i love it. i recomend this book for anyone 9 and up!
Adult Written byearthlover15 November 9, 2008

A must read for every pre-teen

This book is very exciting and awsome but I felt it left you hanging at the end to read the next book!