All member reviews for The City of Ember

Part fantasy, part mystery, part treasure hunt.

Teen, 15 years old Written byemmaloo96 May 31, 2009

Great book...my eyes were glued!!!!!!!!!!!!

great book never slow or boring. mysterious
Teen, 13 years old Written bylalalandbabie May 21, 2009

i love this book

this book is the best book I've ever fav. i would die for it this book i love it so much read it my fav is when is the lights went out then they found out that there was a world above ti i love love love love it i recommend this book to all ages and all different types of people!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old April 11, 2009

I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!

MY FAVROITE WAS THE SECOND ONE. BUT THE THIRD BOOK*THE PROPHET OF YONWOOD* WASNT THAT BAD, I THOUGHT THE ENDING WAS PRETTY COOL HOIW IT ALL TIED TOGHETER
Teen, 14 years old Written byDappled_Dag April 5, 2009

Ember

Yes, I read all four books. In my opinion, this is the best one, and the lowest would probably be the third because it doesn't have much to do with the other books in the series. I've got to be honest, the only reason I actually stuck with this series was because of the character of Doon. He was interesting, and clever. I thought Lina in the book was ok, but a bit bland. Nothing about her was all that interesting except her adorable little sister, and the fact that she lived underground. I lived the cover of the second book! Very nice series, I'd recommend to most of my friends.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 April 2, 2009

glad to say I've read 3 outta the 4 of the series, after the 3rd I lost interest...

Very addicting start to an interesting series.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymileyhunt March 30, 2009

the book is different

ok. like this is true. its unbelievable and too predictable. It would be a good book with more romance between the two caracheters
Teen, 14 years old Written bytwilight-luver January 10, 2009

i loved this book!!

this book was very good i got it free at a book store and desided to read it after i read the first couple of chapters i fell in love with it then my parents read it and they loved it too!the end of the book is such a cliff hanger it will leave you wanting more i so far have read all the books in the series and i love it. i recomend this book for anyone 9 and up!
Adult Written byearthlover15 November 9, 2008

A must read for every pre-teen

This book is very exciting and awsome but I felt it left you hanging at the end to read the next book!
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

its so good i wanted to cry when i finished it!

in this book lina mayfleet and doon harrow are the main characters. they were practuctly made for eachother. i was a little sad they were just friends though. when you red this book you have an image of the city of ember. i loved it! i red all the books and this auther has a LOT LOT LOT of petential. she may even be the next jk rowling! this sience fiction book will blow youre min away! you will be saying.'' wow i didnt see that coming!'' you gotta read the city of ember!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymonkeymonk12 April 9, 2008

this book is sweeto

this is such a good book!So much detail and very thrilling parts. I just had to read the sequal The Pople of Sparks .
Teen, 14 years old Written byjenniefinchfan4... April 9, 2008

A must-read book for every 12-13 year old

its great
Teen, 15 years old Written bydarlin201107 April 9, 2008

pre teens will love it!

i am 13, and i think it was a little to easy for me!i liked all of the adventure though!
Teen, 15 years old Written bybattery April 9, 2008

WAHOO!!

This is one of the greatist books I've read in a while!! reccomended for everyone!
Teen, 16 years old Written byBrendonsoh April 9, 2008

This Book was Very Good Im Striving to Read the Sequal

I just finished this book a few days ago i read it in 2 days (Thats like a reacord for me). I hope everybody who gets a chance can read this book
Teen, 14 years old Written byKittylova April 9, 2008

A worthy novel to read agin and again and again

I looooovvvvvvveeeedddd iiiittttt! One of the best I've read and I have read a lot of books.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

The Truth

I bought this book and I enjoy it very much.I'm 12 if you have a smart 8 year old they might love this book. The book is about these two people known as the builders. They decide to make a city under the ground. And supply it with light and food to last a few hundred years. They must a map in a safe with a time lock and pass it down through the mayors. When the time comes for the supplies to run out the box will open. The last mayor who got this safe was ill so he tried to open the safe with a hammer but it didn't work. He threw the safe his closet and died. The story is about this girl and boy who try to find a way out of the city. It is very exciting and you will love it. If your not sure you'll like it rent it at a library and if you are crazy about it you can buy it. This book has a sequel called The City of Sparks. I will admit that The City of Ember was more exciting then this book but it also has adventure in it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJazzyshel April 9, 2008

City Of Ember

Excellent Book! By far one of the best I have ever read!
Teen, 15 years old Written byWayTooDramatic April 9, 2008
Adult Written bynotjcub April 9, 2008

Awsome...

This was by far one of the most interesting, and thought provoking book of all time. The whole time I was excited, and anxious to see what would happen next!!! Its full of mystery and treasures. You should totally read this...