All member reviews for The Complete Tales & Poems of Winnie-the-Pooh

Beloved, classic stories and poems in one volume.

Parent of a 1, 4, and 7 year old Written byjengrammer June 3, 2009

Wonderful Classic

I've read this book from birth to all my girls and we go back to it again and again. It enriches their minds and paints wonderful pictures and sweet childhood images. I definitely recommend it to everyone no matter what the age!
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written byhannahrose April 28, 2011

Perfect Read-Aloud

LOVE Parents will enjoy these books just as much as the children!
Parent of a 3 year old Written byzacksmum2 May 21, 2011

Teen, 16 years old Written bysararosey March 22, 2012

A great Classic!

I love Winnie-thePooh! It is a great classic story that you can start reading to very young children. I remember when I was very young around the age 1 to 5 my room was all Winnie-the-Pooh. I have been in love with the stories ever since i could read! The songs by pooh are the best parts of the stories i think.
Parent of a 5 and 6 year old Written bySarahMitchell October 15, 2011

I love this book!

The Winnie the Pooh stories are great - funny for kids and adults alike. My kids listened to them when they were toddlers, but really appreciate the humour now, at 5 and 6. The two poetry books are a great introduction to poetry for kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPanda Incognito August 16, 2011

A real treasure

This is one of the best books I've ever read! The writing is clever and funny, and the stories endearing. Simple but sweet, these stories are pure gold. Every child should be introduced to the animals in the hundred acre wood! I'm not a fan of the Disney Pooh, although the 2011 movie was fantastic for capturing the spirit of these books. Lots of kids see the Disney videos but never read these stories, and they are missing out! I've been reading this book to my five-year-old sister, and in her words, "This is the bestest book that anybody ever wrote."
Parent of a 6 year old Written byhalls108 March 28, 2010

a read aloud treasure for all ages

This is a read aloud treasure for all ages and a perfect bedtime book. My grandson, now six, continues to enjoy hearing a Pooh story followed by several poems. He knows the page number for Vespers and recites the poem with me before saying other prayers. I would have this book ready and read from it with young children and beyond. Hoppity is perfect for an infant being bounced on your knee. Poems will entertain all ages. Stories, ten pages or so with few pictures, will interest older listeners, age 5 or sleepy or precocious younger children. Educationally, Milne's vocabulary, rhymes and the book's clear print will enhance early reading skills. As a calming tool, Milne's verse allows the reader and listener to shift to a slower more relaxed pace (In the Dark, Vespers). Adding yawns enhances this experience. I discovered this edition after my children were grown but in time for grandchildren. This book is a joy!