All member reviews for The Cricket in Times Square

Absorbing tale of a very talented cricket.

Teen, 13 years old Written byhell0 March 30, 2013

Awesome!

This is an amazing book!!! The education is finding your true talent :). But some language and tobacco. Mama yells at Chester for eating money. Papa and Sai Fong smoke. Otherwise, WONDERFUL!! I <3 it :)
Kid, 12 years old April 14, 2010

Great book

This was one of my favorites. There isn't anything that wouldn't be appropriate for younger kids. I definitely would recommend this book.
Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2011

amazing

well it cool and funny and i think every one will like it
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

A great book for kids of all ages!!!! I loved it!!!

Parent of a 12 year old Written bycrankylibrarian January 8, 2014

Music and friendship conquer all

A beautifully told New York fantasy: Chester, the country cricket, is accidentally whisked away to downtown Manhattan where he finds a home with a lonely boy named Mario, is befriended by 2 crusty New Yorkers, Tucker the mouse and Harry the cat, and discovers an unexpected talent for classical music.
Kid, 8 years old July 5, 2012

The Cricket in Times Square.

I liked this book. First, Chester cricket got lost by going in a lunch basket and getting carried to New York. Next, the Bellini's who own a newspaper stand find Chester because they heard him chirping. Then, Chester meets Tucker Mouse and Harry the Cat. They all turn on the radio and Chester memorizes the tunes and chirps them. Mamma Bellini, who didn't like the Cricket in the first place decided he could stay as long as he chirped her favorite tunes which he did. He became famous for his chirps. Finally, Chester decided to leave New York and go back to Connecticut, his home town, on the tree stump.
Kid, 10 years old May 23, 2012

Sad End... But 5 star begining

Very Touching... I cried when I found out when Chester had lefy
Kid, 12 years old March 27, 2010

The circket intimes square great book for kids!

I LOVE that book it was so good! I remeber reading when the mouse tucker let chester the cricket have his life savings I thought that was the best part i theink that is such a good messeage to share and do stuff and not except anything in return! :D LOVED IT <3
Kid, 11 years old January 10, 2010

terrific

great.
Adult Written byMeldrum SFA September 23, 2009

Mrs. Meldrum's SFA class opinions

If you like funny, this book is for you! The pictures are amazing. Not only is it funny, it has a serious side too. The characters are extremely excellent and hilarious. There is plenty of action to keep you wanting to read. As you read, you will learn the meaning of true friendship. There are many details about Chester's long journey. This book is clearly an entertaining book.