All member reviews for The False Prince: The Ascendance Trilogy, Book 1

Kid, 10 years old April 26, 2014

VERY GOOD but a bit older (SPOILER ALERT!)

well i think it is fine for kids 10 and up because a kid gets shot in the beginning and a kid gets beaten and there is a mean guy who wants to rule using a boy. I haven't finished the first book yet but i love it.
Teen, 17 years old Written bysarahmustwrite August 13, 2012

Fabulous MC

I enjoyed the plot and storytelling of this book, but what I really loved was the main character. Sage won me over completely. I cannot wait for the next books in the series.
Teen, 14 years old Written by8rebel24 January 7, 2013

Good for anyone! (intrigue, funny moments)

I just finished reading this book, which I had been interested in reading for quite some time. All I can say is: It blew me away. It's perfect for readers who like things to be fast-paced. There's never a stop to the action, intrigue and secrets. There are some violent scenes and ideas (Sage's torture scene, the boys threaten each other with death). However, the competition between the boys is fierce but enjoyable to read. They're all desperate to become the prince, but find time to sometimes crack jokes and plot. Each with their own unique personality, Sage, Roden and Tobias (the boys, but the other characters as well) are entertaining characters. Sage in the end is an admirable person, just wanting to do what is right for Carthya, his country. A twist, lie or betrayal at every turn, this book is perfect for any thrill-seeker (or Game of Thrones fan).
Kid, 11 years old May 5, 2014

I really really really loved this book and I think that it is worth the time to read. I kept reading until I finished the trilogy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byOtaku365 May 25, 2013

Bookworm's Review

Just saying, I highly recommend this book. It is just one of those books that you can reread over and over. One can discuss this book and debate about their thoughts and opinions with others on several topics for a long period of time. There is some violence in it, can't deny that; there were 3 deaths and another was constantly injured , but it doesn't go into detail on the events. Sage the main character is awesome; he is talented (mostly at thievery skills) and I just love his witty and sarcastic sense of humor, sure he did get in trouble by it at times but is still like the coolest guy out there. Tobias is the smartest of them all and at first he seem like a bad character but like most humans they just want to survive but is actually an okay character nearing the end. Roden is the best in swordsmanship and strength; he is like the total opposite of Tobias, he seemed somewhat OK at first but then he became obsessed with becoming king and basically goes by the motto "kill or be killed". Then there is Conner; a manipulative, deceiving, piece of junk. Just the type of person who will use you then discard you, a very smooth liar, will do anything to get what he wants, and will kill without hesitation in order to keep something a secret. Since this review is getting really long I'll just name two more characters and sum it up. So then there are my two favorite supporting characters, Mott and Imogen. They are awesome and help spice up the story. To wrap every thing up, The False Prince is an intruding adventure-fantasy that is definitely worth your time reading and is something a girl and a guy will both love.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygilly_boy September 26, 2012

interesting

I honestly like this book, it was interesting. Although once in a while I didn't follow along. Sage was an interesting character, what I like about him the most is how clever he is; he could stealing anything without us knowing none the wiser (did that make sense). He also has a good heart. Conner was cool too, he thought he had everything planned out but bumped into a few unforeseen seen problems, which kinda made him arrogant in a way. The other two orphans also had motives, but they wanted to live. Tobias just wanted to survive (understandable) until the point of desperation and the other kids was just plain selfish. The princess didn't even know what was going on so I'll count her out. Imogen on the other hand was also clever in a way that impressed me a bit. She tried her best to be ignored by the others (especially Conner's) and wasn't as stupid as the others thought. I would trust with any secret. Okay, enough with the characters; time for the story. It was one deceptive story I could tell you that. Almost every corner had some sort of betrayal and secret revealed. The look on Conner's face was priceless when he realized his mistake. I'm not telling what happened, read for yourself.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe39Clues February 12, 2015

Great Book!

This book was amazing, but way too violent for a ten-year-old.
Kid, 11 years old February 5, 2015

The False Prince is a great book for kids who like action/mysterious books.
Teen, 14 years old Written byfuzzmee January 27, 2015

The Books Only Get Better From Here!!!

I looooved this book! It was a very well written, fast-paced, page turner leaving you scrambling for the next book. The characters are very original, loveable, and unpredictable. It is a little bloody but it doesn't describe anything too graphic or disgusting. I think this is the only book series I've read that progressively gets better with each book! The series should appeal to fans of The Hunger Games, Divergent, and Harry Potter.
Kid, 12 years old January 23, 2015

This is my favorite book!!!!

I read this book for a book club and loved it more then any book i had ever read. it has no sex at all. A little violence. when i told my dad about it he was a little grossed out but i think it's just great! there is a kind of good message....but one boy is a thief and they all think that if want something get it even if someone already has it. One boy is whipped in a dungeon and on is killed in front of the others. It really is not really scary but if you are sensitive to things like that it might be a book for a little later. This is in mid-evil times so there is no electronics which is nice. All three boys are making googly eyes at a girl but nothing happens. I felt that there needed to be more girl characters but it is a great book. I don't remember a lot of swearing but there is a really good surprising ending! If you are thinking about reading this then you definitely should!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and there is a few scenes with a glass of wine in them but nothing else for drinking!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBooklover123m December 16, 2014

AWESOME PLOT and CHARICTERS

I loved this book and my favorite character was Sage because of his amazing personality and the way he is defiant, to the end. I also liked all of the plot twists, they were great.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLovetoswim4sharks December 10, 2014

Amazing

I was 11 when I read this book for my book club and it was awesome it does have a little bit of violence but it not all gory and nasty it really funny and amazing any kid who reads this is going to love it I have read it 6 times in a row it is a really great book girls and boys will love
Teen, 14 years old Written bynardle November 19, 2014

great book

I am very picky about my books but when i first opened this book it just captured me and made me want to read on. I just know that if you read this series you will love it!
Teen, 16 years old Written byKingturnip26 April 11, 2014

Awesome

Great book, but quite a bit of violence which includes a poor orphan boy getting shot with an arrow. If you ask me, the book is fine for 9 year olds and older