All parent member reviews for The Fellowship of the Ring

Adult Written byChi to April 9, 2008

A Good Read

Out of the trilogy, I finished this one the quickest. I love Tolkien's style of writing and the words he uses for description. I found in reading this, quite a few good quotes and the like. One of the best parts of this books are the songs or poems told in. Not a lot of authors do that...
Parent of a 5, 9, 11, and 14 year old Written byJamesRobertson January 4, 2009
Adult Written byvwterry April 9, 2008
Parent Written bymrporkface11 April 27, 2012

LOTR is quite possibly one of the best things ever. Let any child read it.

Anyone shall experience the awesomeness of Tolkien
Parent Written byPlague May 11, 2010

The Fellowship of the Ring (Book)

A must read for all fantasy lovers. You will get hooked within the first few pages, guaranteed.
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byiMovie April 26, 2015

The Lord Of The Rings

The Lord Of The Rings may be the greatest novel of the '50s. This tale is action-packed and full of great writing. Children may get quite bored of the first hundred pages, but half through The Fellowship Of The Ring, you're kids will be amazed with the fabulous tale that inspired millions of writers and children... This is one amazing tale, I hope you enjoy it!
Adult Written byEpicman1022 September 30, 2014

Perfectly age legitimate

Honestly this is a legitimate age book and I would totally recommend this book to ages 8 and up it might be a tad bit complicated but they can handle it if someone thinks it takes a 12 year old to read that then honestly they have a reading level of a five year old... I am not an adult but I read the book and completely understood it along with many people. This book says one swear word in the entire book so it's not innapropriate they mention alcohol briefly... In the other books too much violence might be a problem for some more strict people... but honestly its hardly innapropriate to shield your child from. For me I totally recommend this amazing book.