All member reviews for The Fold

Teen, 13 years old Written byshopping is hiking March 4, 2010

I think this is a great book for kids, mostly girls if they are struggling on how to accept their physical appearance. This book, I think, shows a message that you should be happy with just the way you are and not changing yourself because of what people might think and what you think of yourself. In Joyce's case, the main character, she's not happy with her eyes.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycharissa94 December 7, 2009

story that will make you wanna move on

i think it was a good novel,with many situations that teenagers may be ahving problems with..
Teen, 15 years old Written bybhills March 9, 2010

Perfect for teens!

I'm a 15-year-old girl and I enjoyed this book. It's age appropriate, and had a very good lesson. It's telling you that you don't need to change yourself to be "pretty enough", and that you're fine the way you are.
Kid, 12 years old March 29, 2013

An Na: Another Wonderful Book

An Na is an amazing author. She creates a wonderful story that has lots of big decisions that gets readers thinking and new ideas. I didn't know what a "fold" was until I read this book. It makes you think about how you see yourself and how people view body image. A great read for both kids and parents.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKRDPayne September 22, 2012

Possitive Review

I absolutly love this book. I cant believe I actually finnished a book. I never finnish a book or never read a book. I dont know why, but I was sucked into it and couldnt put it down. I was bragging around school that I finnished it and that people should read it to. I loved it so much I read it 9 times in less than 8 month! So I decided to give my soph. book report on it for both english classes. I can relate tothis by beening a teenager and getting sucked into the beauty life. Even adlts can relate to this book and think about how things are the same and changed about beauty. And some people can relate with the family issues. But in the end Joyce is a hero and amazing by not getting the surgery then being in the crowd but by being herself while getting the guy and embrassing her sisiters sexuality.