All member reviews for The Golem's Eye (The Bartimaeus Trilogy, Book 2)

Bartimaeus returns -- alas, not to center stage.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Go demo- I mean, djinni!

With delightfull witty sarcasm, and lots of nice little footnotes, Bartimaeus is back! A must read for the avid fantasy-goer.
Kid, 12 years old September 21, 2009

An Amazing Series But For More Tween Readers

This series centers around three characters: Kitty, Nathaniel, and Bartimaeus. The book is kind of like Harry Potter, only in my opinion, better. The moral values taught in the books are unforgettable. It tells of redemption and friendship. The only reason I say iffy is because if you aren't old enough to understand the books, then the moral values can and probably will be confused. For those who say the book is annapropriate and has nothing good about, you should finish the series and read 'Ptolemy's Gate'.
Teen, 15 years old Written byelenmadil April 9, 2008

Really got me thinking about social classes and stuff like that. And Bartimeus's footnotes are fabulus!
Teen, 16 years old Written byArt_is_a_Bang April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written bybartimaeus fan April 9, 2008

This book was the best book i have ever read.

THIS BOOK WAS THE BEST BOOK I HAVE EVER READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

A Great Book

I throughly enjoyed this book. I can't wait until the third one of the trilogy comes out.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEragonfan April 9, 2008

A good book

It's good, but only good, it drags out a bit too much, but the plot is good. stars 5 (4 1/2) not for children 9 and under
Teen, 13 years old Written bypapascrep April 9, 2008

I loved it

it must have been the best book i ever read since harry potter. It kept my attention and i could read it over and over again if i had to. It is my favorite book ever. I cant believe how good it is. I read it in about a week and i am only 8 years old. I am smart for my age but if i gave it to a fellow 8 year old it would make no sense because he isnt a genius like me. E=mc2
Teen, 15 years old Written byski123 April 9, 2008

wonderful!!!

this trilogy is awesome!!! Everyone 8 years old and up should read this book.
Teen, 14 years old Written bywildey101 April 9, 2008

brilliant book

this book was brilliant i read the first one then got really into it and had to read the second, i always think the second in a series will be the worst but this was just as good as the first. it is a must read book and i strongly advise anyone to read it, even my parents thaught it was great!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bySchismatic-Sha August 24, 2009

Just a great book in general.

I think this site puts too much empathsis on the small matters in the book. Sure the demon is a bit cheeky, the boy isnt that great, and the girl is part of a group determined to take down the 'evil' government. But do you really think kids care? No, they just want to see their favorite characters suceed. I personally think this book isnt an issue for kids. Though the chacters are iffy, they still provide the entertainment every teen, tween, and possibly even adult will enjoy.
Adult Written byKitty Jones April 9, 2008

I laughed till my sides ached1

this funny and noble djinni bartimaeus better have more to say because i wanna hear it! I'd say 4 thumbs up but i only have two Everyone should read the series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written bythe dad April 9, 2008

a very well put together book i liked it so did all my kids