Kid reviews for The Graveyard Book

Tale of boy raised by ghosts is both creepy and warmhearted.

Teen, 13 years old Written byUndeadRainbows1011 December 12, 2010

love this book!

This book is really good! i had to do a report and thought this would be a cool book to read. I was right, but at some parts it get boring and your just wait for somthing exciting then at other parts your waiting for normal parts. this is my second favorite book. I would recomend the book Milkweed if you like the graveyard book

Kid, 10 years old November 4, 2010

Great book!

It is a really good book. Great book for book reports!

Kid, 9 years old September 5, 2010

Great story

I love it. It is about two young children who go on an adventure in a graveyard. What's not to like? Some thing else even better, they're 5 years old.

Kid, 9 years old July 19, 2010

Best book ever!

I love this book! It's very scary through the whole book. It's about a boy named Nobody Owens, and a villain named Jack. Jack kills Nobody's family.Jack tries to kill Nobody, but Nobody escapes to a graveyard and gets raised by ghosts.I thought this this was a good book because the characters were Interesting, and brave!

Teen, 13 years old Written bydeathnotegirl November 28, 2009
Sometimes, has a dark feel, but very charming and satisfying.

Kid, 11 years old September 27, 2009

OK book

Right now I'm reading this book in class and find it quite good. Chapters 3-5 are rather boring but then it picks up. Not Gaiman's best.
Kid, 10 years old September 8, 2009
Loved this book - just wish it had a more interesting ending.

Kid, 9 years old August 17, 2009

Close up look at living in a graveyard

The only reason I gave it "iffy" was because some children may find it scary. That said, the content is about a graveyard! and those not inclined to such subject matter would probably not pick it up anyway. My daughter age 9 found it a slow start. I was sorry the story ended.
Kid, 10 years old August 16, 2009

BORING!!!

This book my teacher read to us and some of us fell asleep. The beginging of this book is good,but as we kept reading I grew very board.My friend liked but she likes almost everything.
Teen, 13 years old Written byzorba1994 January 6, 2009
Teen, 14 years old Written bylucamations March 10, 2014

This is the first book that I actually wasn't ready for it to be over!

It's got a bit of violence and scariness throughout, like how the Jacks are always killin' and what not, but it's by far the BEST book I've ever read.

Kid, 12 years old February 16, 2013

The Graveyard Yard Book My Favorite # 1

This is really an AUH-MAZING book I've read and this should've been the top first book that Neil Gaiman has ever made.

Teen, 15 years old Written byParanoidAndroid42 April 26, 2018

Excellent coming of age story

I am forever grateful to this book for introducing me to Neil Gaiman. The Graveyard Book is probably my favorite children's story. Neil Gaiman's impeccable prose guides you through a unique world populated with fascinating characters and clever details. From beginning to end it is drenched in atmosphere, perfectly giving off a creepy, yet strangely comforting tone. As Bod grows up, you almost feel as if you are growing with him, watching him learn about himself and the outside world. Certainly Gaiman's best work for children, The Graveyard Book is a melancholic masterpiece.