All member reviews for The Great Good Thing

Great for kids who love books.

Teen, 14 years old Written bylethie April 9, 2008
Adult Written byizzyt April 9, 2008

What a SWEET story!

My 6 1/2 year old son LOVES books. This story was right up his alley. It is such an original, creative story with great characters. It makes for great discussion about dreams and thoughts and even death (in a sweet peaceful way). We thoroughly enjoyed every page!
Teen, 15 years old Written byKass April 9, 2008

Sweet and whimsical

This was one of my favorite childhood books. It's a delightful blend of characters, wit, adventure, and questions, and thinking children will be universally intrigued by the premise.
Teen, 17 years old Written bycellogirl99 February 21, 2012

A New Classic

This has been my favorite book ever since my Dad read it to me at the age of 6, I'm now 16 and make it a point to read it once a year. The plot is so origional that it takes your breath away, I developed a love for books and reading from hearing about a book from the character's point of view.
Teen, 15 years old Written byWarriorCat'sLover January 1, 2012

The Great Good Thing

I loved every moment of this book! I didn't think I'd enjoy it at all but it a very unique story and I will read the sequels asap! I thought it would only appeal to younger years but I found myself unable to put it down and even found myself wondering if it was a good idea to leave the book open when I went to bed! Really captured my imagination. I love this book.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycaposito September 29, 2011

Wonderful

It was great for my dautour. She lovvvvvesssssssss to read and it was a story that pulls you in. She said from the first sentence it was amazing. "Sylvie had a amazing life, but she did't get to live it very often." IT WAS GREAT!!!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bybookkeeper July 12, 2011

Stays with You, in the Back of Your Mind

An imaginative story about what happens to the characters in books when we put them down. When I was younger it was one of my favorites, and I still think of it whenever I stick my finger in a book to keep my place. There is some fire, set by a child, so if you're trying to discourage a firestarter, this could either help or hinder your efforts.
Adult Written bywrogers12 April 9, 2008

A Must Read for All Ages

The Great Good Thing captured me with the adventures and the drama. Every part of this book was suspenseful. I just couldn't put the book down! I am definitely going to read the sequels!