Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for The Gruffalo

Clever mouse puts brains to work in this children's classic.

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written bytruthdivider April 13, 2019
This book is nothing short of demonic. The mouse scares all the other animals away with irrational fears (Gruffalo). The last page of the book leaves the forest in a poor condition, to say the least. All the animals who are neccesary to keep a balanced forrest are gone, even the trees themselves are falling or starting to fall, more than likely due to an excess of mouses. Strangely, the authors consider this a happy ending... I would like to see a sequel to this book where animals from another forrest, not familiar with the made up and thus non-existing Gruffalo, encounter the manipulative mouse. I would estimate this sequel to be a 1 page story.

Adult Written byDuel masters of... March 14, 2019

Use to scare me

Hahahhaah

Educational Value
Parent of a 13, 13, 17, 17, and 17 year old Written byRachel Marquez February 26, 2019

Tv rating and movie ratings

It is the best for my kids and I will tell my tv ratings:
1. G - Good for all audiences
2. PG - Parental Guidances
3. PG-13 - Parental Guidances till 13 or over
4.R - Restricted
5. NC-17 - no child under q7

Parent Written bygrandmareader December 3, 2018

A clever mouse outsmarts them all!

Beautiful illustrations, repetitive lines, and a charming and clever mouse make this book a real pleasure. Add different voices for the characters, and you'll have youngsters mesmerized. They love it!
Parent of a 2 year old Written byNadaVD September 22, 2018

Parent Written byjanieolsen August 16, 2015

Scary !

I showed this to my 4 1/2 year-old before we went to bed, But the fact is to a child the GRUFFALO is a scary monster! Simple as that
She was afraid at bedtime!
My 8 year old was fine with it.
Adult Written byMrsDotys2ndClass January 4, 2013

Mrs. Doty's 2nd Grade Class Book Review

This book has humor and makes you laugh. The book is very clever, has suspense, and surprises the reader. The writer and illustrator did a wonderful job creating this fun story.

Parent of a 4 year old Written byGoopee January 13, 2011

Just buy it.

One of the best books. Very well loved at home and at childcare. The Sequel is good as well.

Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written bymissannoula January 6, 2011
My kids love, love, love this book. It iss fun to read and funny to look at. Highly recommend it.