Parent reviews for The Hidden Staircase: Nancy Drew Mystery Stories No. 2

Predictable yet appealing Nancy Drew classic.

Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written bySaraWeber March 11, 2011

Great role model, and good clean literature

I love Nancy Drew. My 7 year old daughter is an advanced reader, and we struggle to find books that are on her reading lever, but also age appropriate. I'm so glad she discovered Nancy Drew (and thankful that there are 100+ books to keep her reading). She just devours them. Nancy is a sweet a kind teenager, with a loving and attentive father. Something we see far to little of in media and real life.

Parent of a 7 year old Written bymelodique May 31, 2011

Great series for kids

Great girls series. My 7 year old is an advanced reader and loves them. Not sure why people are saying sexual content and drinking and drugs are issues in this book - there are none of those things. Violence is very mild (see description)- Disney cartoons have way more violence, plus you aren't seeing it, just reading it. Great alternative to vampires, wizards, and the like that seem to be in everything these days. Nancy is a positive role model with good manners and a good head on her shoulders.

Parent of a 6 year old Written byrachel4missions April 9, 2008

A classic!

This book is a timeless classic. Kids as young as 5 or 6 can enjoy the earlier books (before other authors took over). They're good and clean-- even what little violence there is is still much better than the majority of daytime children's TV shows. They get repetitive after a while, but the first 12 books or so are definitely worth reading.
Adult Written byNancy D. March 19, 2017
Phenomenal read!! True classic!
Parent of a 8 year old Written byceglie05 February 14, 2011

Don't let your daughter miss the treat!

It was really exciting. I love all the Nancy Drew books that I've read so far.

Adult Written byNancy D. March 19, 2017
Phenomenal read!! True classic!