Kid reviews for The Hidden Staircase: Nancy Drew Mystery Stories No. 2

Predictable yet appealing Nancy Drew classic.

I LOVE Nancy Drew Mysteries!!

I have read almost all of the Nancy Drew books. They are all exciting and spine tingling!! I love the way Carolyn Keene leaves each chapter ending in a suspicious thrill. I would recommend this series to kids around my age but not too young because some of the situations that Nancy gets herself into are scary for young children. I am a NANCY DREW fan!!

Best of all the books.

This is my favourite book of all the Nancy Drew novels I have read. Unlike "The Secret of the Old Clock" you can't guess what's going to happen half way through the book. But also unlike the "The Bungalow Mystery" it gives you enough information to keep you guessing and interested. There is a bit more violence in this particular book than in some of the others, however I think the book would would be quite boring with a bit of danger. There's no blood or gore, no sexuality and no alcohol. Drugs are in the book but it's not as if Nancy does drugs. Characters are drugged and gagged but seems how this is a 1930's story for girls they make it out alright. I recommend this particular book and all the Nancy Drew Novels to any girl from eight to eighty-one.
Teen, 13 years old Written bystephroxxox July 9, 2010

its good but not for little kids its just for teens and older

i loved it because when i was little i always loved mysteries and now i cant let anyone touch it!!! not even my parents!!!

Kid, 9 years old August 9, 2012

LOVE IT!!!

I love nancy drew so much, especially the classics. Go n.d.!

Teen, 15 years old Written byrebma97 May 23, 2012

Predictable but entertaing

It was repetitive and predictable, but entertaining. Nancy is a good role model for girls because she's sympathetic, thoughtful, and friendly. This book is dated, so younger kids may need help reading it. Violence: People are threatened; a truck nearly hits Nancy and her father; someone is drugged and kidnapped; etc. It's not scary, though. No sex or language. Drinking/Drugs/Smoking: Someone is drugged, but thats about it.

Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

I liked it!

I liked the book but i thought so people woudl not injoy it because it had violence in it like when someone took Nancy to the hidden elevator and they drugged her. I'm not sure if some parents would appreciate it. But i thought it was a really good book!

I wanted to read another Nancy Drew book!

I love the Nancy Drew series, including the computer games! They teach detective skills without having all this fancy, expensive equipment! I have read almost all of the Nancy Drew books and hope to get all of the computer games as well! I like them because they teach you how to get away from danger and how to deal with crooks!
Kid, 11 years old March 15, 2016

Love Nancy Drew Books!

I love this book! It is my favorite so far that I have read for younger children it might be a bit scary.

Teen, 13 years old Written bydontmatter1028 April 9, 2008

good book!

I really enjoy mystery books, but they also have to have some action in them. This book was just like that. I would recommend it for anyone over 8 years of age.
Kid, 11 years old December 9, 2013

Nancy Drew and the haunted staircase review

This is a great book and tells a lot about never giving up.
Kid, 8 years old March 26, 2017

The Hidden Staircase Nancy Drew book 2

This is a great example of a detective fiction book, but has some creepy moments that may frighten kids. Nancy is an excellent role model and will inspire many other young girls to be just like her. It is okay to read with a parent but I think it is a better book to read by yourself.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMisty11116 April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byRebgeorge October 11, 2016

Best books I ever read

I think that other families should give this book to students who like mysteries

Kid, 12 years old January 7, 2009

Nancy Drew

Nancy Drew started in 1930. Since then, she's sold over 200,000,000 copies and is still going strong.
Kid, 9 years old January 7, 2019

amazing!!!

Nancy Drew is a very good series. It is about a teenage girl and her friends who go on many different adventures and solve mysteries together. Nancy's dad is a detective so the cases she solves sometimes are the ones that the police team can't. I think it is a really good book because the author writes mysteries that are hard for the reader to solve.

Kid, 12 years old October 5, 2018

Repetitive

This is a good book, but it is so repetitive. I could barely make it though the series. My tip is to read the first ten, after that it gets really boring.