All member reviews for The House of Hades: The Heroes of Olympus, Book 4

Kid, 12 years old October 20, 2013

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! DRAMA QUEENS.

COME ON GUYS ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! YOU MAKE SUCH A BIG DEAL OVER NICO. PARENTS YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND DON'T LISTEN TO THEM. Cupid forced Nico into telling him a secret Nico never wanted the secret out and doesn't have any feelings anymore. He had feelings in the first place because Percy was his hero. He didn't influence those feelings. You need to seriously stop being so ticked off with Nico. These books are disney for pete's sake! they aren't that horrible.They never cuss EVER. They have great learning value and great positive role models about love of friends. Harry Potter is very inappropriate compared these. Just read the books.
Teen, 14 years old Written byRuby United October 17, 2013

Good, yet slightly dissapointing.

Very good, but slightly dissapointing compared to the other ones. Note that Nico admits he is gay and has a crush on Percy, and a few kisses between Percy and Annabeth. I'm surprised CSM didn't mention Nico's homosexuality.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKenzi333 October 21, 2013

Best one yet!

I think I forgot how easily Rick's books make me laugh out loud! This is the best book in the series so far; they just keep getting better and better. The characters really grow in this one (Leo even finds a girl, finally!! And she brings out a more mature and stronger side of him) and they come closer together through teamwork. There are some pretty bleak moments in Tartarus with Percy and Annabeth, but nothing to worry about. And, for those of you who are freaking out about Nico's homosexuality, Rick doesn't dwell on it (It's a Disney book for goodness sakes), honestly it's nothing to freak out about! It certainly doesn't affect the book's quality (for those of you giving it a low rating cuz of it). This was a great book and I can't wait till Blood of Olympus!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byalykanim October 28, 2013

This isn't your same Percy Jackson

People have to realize that this is not the same series. Yes the same characters. But Percy Jackson is 18 now. The Heroes of Olympus is for the readers that grew up from the novel.
Kid, 12 years old October 16, 2013

Best book Ever!

this book is totally the best!! Really funny parts. You learn the true love of Nico DiAngelo's life (not Annabeth)
Teen, 15 years old Written byAmbersAbrl October 17, 2013

**** ****** ****** *******

Nico is gay... I can't read anymore. I mean, I'm literally CRYING right now my love! <<3 This book is completely inappropriate for kids and I would not recommend any teens/adults to read this you will be disappointed! Don't say I didn't warn you!
Kid, 10 years old November 2, 2013

Poor Nico. It's just because Percy is his hero! He's over it now though! Gosh.

This is not bad! This is DISNEY FOR HEAVENS SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Allyou people! I have never read this before. But I LIVE WITH A PSYCHOLOGICAL FANGIRL NUTBALL CRAY-CRAY SISTER! She tells me about everything. Nico is over it! He is fine! We know that gay may or may not be good but everyone who is upset about it, please do not be. It was only because to some people gay is good and Rick wanted to be nice. Even if you don't like gay, you should still be kind to gay people. From my sister..... "THIS BOOK ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cupid is BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" LOVE, THE psYChO NUTBALL OF PERCY JACKSON SERIES FANGIRL's sister. Olivia (IG: @olivia4everr, psycho sister: @bella_loves_books.
Teen, 15 years old Written byScreennameGirl October 30, 2013

An AMAZING Read

This is another absolutely amazing book by Rick Riordan! Percy and Annabeth have to survive inside a gigantic pit in the Underworld. There are monster battles, of course, but, nothing more than the usual for Rick's books. Also, be prepared for some sad moments. If you've read the last book you know that somebody has to stay behind in order to close the Doors of Death. Well, that's the sad part, as you might have guessed. As for the Nico thing, come on! Why fuss over it so much? It should be a person's choice of who they like and it certainly isn't a reason to rate this one star or 'Not For Kids.' Nico couldn't help his feelings because Percy was like a hero to him. I am straight, but that doesn't mean I should be rude about things like this.
Kid, 12 years old November 21, 2013

Please grow up and read the book

First of all this book is awesome!!! all of you people who keep on saying that this book is not for kids need to grow up( and actually read the book),I mean there are kids who are 11 and are saying this book is for 9 year olds. Parents(mom 4213 especially) and other people if you think this book is not for kids just because there is a gay character you should look at some of the other things your kids are reading. Imagine if there is a kid who is actually gay and they read your review imagine how they would feel. You can have your own opinion keep it off the internet where it could seriously offend someone.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymlee0607 November 14, 2013

Once again, another success. (Love the series)

This is a really good book....again by Rick Riordan. It is so cool how something new and exciting is always coming up one after another. This one especially is full of mystery, wonder, and adventure.....like all his other books.The only thing that i think is kind of annoying is his humor, i personally think it's cheesy and not that funny. uuuhhhhhh just stop....like seriously. But i love the integration between Greek mythology and the characters are so cool, I absolutely love knowing new things about them. It;s so much fun. Read it, you wont be dissapointed.
Kid, 12 years old November 2, 2013

Don't dislike Heroes of Olympus

The heroes of Olympus books aren't that bad I mean so what there's other books that are whey worse. The author is just keeping things interesting there's no cursing and sexual things in it so that's great sorry there is kissing but not anything else. This is probably the best book I ever read and I can wait for the blood of Olympus that's coming out in 2014 July the 10
Teen, 14 years old Written byPericondPercabeth January 22, 2014

H8ERS GONA H8 DONT LISTEN TO THEM

I FREAKING LOOVE RICK RIORDAN'S MYTHOLOGY BOOKS. Nico being gay just explains why he's been so hesitant with Percy (and he doesn't like Annabeth) Parents & kids that are hating are literally overreacting. Stop hating gay people-it's sickening. You are just setting an example to treat gay people differently. They are human just like anybody else. The book was phenomenal nd as 4 u ppl who discriminate against gay people and Nico Di Angelo,
Kid, 11 years old December 25, 2013

A different review

I have nothing against gay people, but people are just so shocked about Nico being gay. I think Rick just wanted it to turn out differently because everybody suspected Nico liked Annabeth. This book is just for enjoyment. I can't wait until The Blood of Olympus.
Kid, 11 years old December 9, 2013

Bad book

I really don't like this book. They made nico gay and now i dont like the percy jackson series. Awful book. :(
Teen, 14 years old Written byTomas M December 9, 2013

Seriously? So dissapointing.

So disappointing. I used to love this series, and then Rick Riordan had to make a character gay. Wow Rick Riordan, you just lost another fan. Terrible. Don't even bother reading it, it will make you hate the series.
Kid, 12 years old December 2, 2013

More than Satisfying Sequel to the Bestselling Series

House of Hades is in excellent sequel to Mark of Athena. It is a fresh face-paced sequel that will keep all Rick Riordan fans satisfied with the humor, action, and drama. The violence isn't very graphic, so there isn't much blood or death. There are a couple kisses between demigods and a mention of someone love for another person who is the same gender. The demigods help each other through battle, and are all positive role models, though sometimes squabbling between one another and mythical figures. Positive messages and learning include the frequent use of Greek and Roman Mythology, teenagers who care for one another and work as a team, and tenderness between girlfriends and boyfriends. Language is kept to a minimum with a few uses of "Gods!" House of Hades is age-appropriate for ages 10 and up, but anyone eleven and up will not be bothered and will enjoy the series just as well. Read this book, but read the rest of the series first. I cannot wait until the next book: Blood of Olympus. Counting down the Minutes!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLovethebooks13 November 27, 2013

Calm down people...

Lots of parents are making a huge deal about Nico being a gay character. The book doesn't say anything like "its cool to be gay" or anything to try to persuade kids. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. I would say that its good for children reading this book to realize that people have different interests. By the way, Nico had a crush on Percy when he WAS LIKE 10. He has changed. Get that through your head. Percy was like a hero to him. I had always wondered what was always saddening Nico, and I think Riordan surprised us all. Overall this was a very thrilling book. I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in mythology of any kind and the past. Read this series. You won't regret it.
Kid, 10 years old January 18, 2014

Amazing book

I love it. It is absolutely amazing and everyone should be able to read it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMC3913 December 9, 2013

Gay character

The only thing I think anyone may find offencive in this book is, a main character is revealed to be Gay. But this isn't really a problem, and it should provide a positve influence for kids. Showing them that 1. it is ok to be attracted to a person of your gender and 2. give other gay children someone they can look up to in literatuire. If your ideals are that men and women only should be together I reccomend you dont read this book.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGoodbooks1 January 12, 2015

Great book just got Ignore the nico parts

I was very distapointed when character nico was made gay ,It was unnecessary. But this book , if you can ignore parts about nico it is a great book. There is enough romance to not make you feel like reading a romantic novel. Right amount of fighting that will not keep you up at night. And there is adult on aboard the ship. Good role models besides nico. And not any swearing.