Kid reviews for The House on Mango Street

Poetic coming-of-age story deals with abuse, sexual assault.

Kid, 10 years old September 8, 2009

Dont read if you're under 16

I thought this book was suggesting things for young girls to become involved in

Teen, 17 years old Written byqwertzzz1010011... November 21, 2021

very painful

would be better if the author followed basic rules of writing, like when you learn to write quotations in the second grade to signify when someone is talking...
Teen, 13 years old Written bydeezbutz October 8, 2021

nonsensical writing, mature themes

reading this in 8th grade English, despite it being an English class, some of the grammar is off, the themes include things like rape which imo has not place in a class of 13 year old kids, especially considering it doesn't talk about it very well. if you're a parent, don't let your kid read this. If you're an English teacher, make your kids ready another book.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPapienus October 2, 2021

Irrelevant

This book is totally irrelevant. It has no coherent plot line, with little character development and too much simplicity. Unlike some other books, like ¨Catcher in the Rye¨ and some what like ¨To Kill a Mockingbird¨, with the former, it has no character development except the main character and there is no idea on the basis of age for the main character throughout the story. Even with the character, the story is dull, because of all the vignettes and short stories, they feel like they don't matter and they feel irrelevant. The topics in the story are about dumb stuff that anyone can talk like hair and shoes. This makes the story feel unrelatable and boring. With the main character, Holden Caulfield, it feels relatable because he feels oppressed by the norms and requirements of society. He does things throughout the story that tie in, he goes to New York, going to hotels, and his college Pencey and then the museum with Phoebe, and the Characters, Phoebe, Stradlater, they all feel tangible, like you could know those people, it all feels like one continuous, fluid story.

As with the latter part, like in the story, To Kill A Mockingbird, the story ¨The House on Mango Street¨ drags with no real conclusive endpoint. At least, ¨To Kill A Mockingbird¨, finally feels like it goes somewhere, not mentioning that the first part is somewhat interesting. But with ¨The House on Mango Street¨, pretty much the whole thing is uninteresting for reasons said prior.

With Admittance, this book has somewhat of a diverse view on the status of people. But the book, overall, seems to be valued just because it has a diverse opinion. All it is is Diversity over Quality. This would be negated if the characters felt tangible and there was a consecutive and well built plot line.

Because of all this, this book in my view ceases to be anything worthy of mention. No good character development, no good plot line, too basic and simple. A boring story that is not worth anything.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMikell Jabrarvi... September 6, 2021

The bad book from the anry peeple

The book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sadbook was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the vbook was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the book was the bad big evil book fron the angry peeple that want sad to the buk reeders peeple and te badd buk make me soo sad becuze i amn a much good buk luver and seeing such bad buk make me the ultimate sad and the

Teen, 14 years old Written byHouseonmangostr... May 12, 2021

One of the worst books I've read in a long time

I was forced to read this book in my HS English class. I've heard good things about it, and was ready to enjoy the book. I'm usually not one to procrastinate about reading; in fact, reading is one of my favorite hobbies. I found myself sometimes (keeping in mind that the 'chapters' are 1-2 page long vignettes with no connection to anything else in the entire book) looking up chapter summaries in class to avoid having to read this book, if it can be called a book. As a disclaimer, I will say that I am male and latino myself, which may lead me to bias.

this book is about a Mexican girl named Esperanza surrounded by honorable and badly treated women and delinquent boys and dangerous rapist men. Thats about as much of a summary as I can give without going into 'deeper meanings' which are subject to interpretation and the existence of which is debatable. Esperanza throughout the book complains constantly that because she is in a difficult situation, she should have everything and anything she wants handed to her. The book is written not from the point of view of a 10-14 year old girl (which is roughly her age range throughout the book) but from the point of view of a 30 year old woman attempting to write like a child. Characterization is a major problem in the book; no character who's existence doesn't revolve around Esperanza appears for more than a page or two, and they all follow the same trend of either being women that are badly treated by men or men that badly treat women. The women in the book include:
Young married women in their teens with multiple children and husbands that either beat them, won't let them out of their house, or both, Esperanza's grandmother who was essentially captured and forced into marriage by her grandfather, young girls that are constantly forced to kiss men either for money or for the return of stolen goods, and Esperanza herself, who complains whenever possible, is given a 'birthday kiss' by a grown man full on the lips, and is physically raped by a group of boys. The men include the aforementioned ones in the stories of the women, Esperanza's father, who is actually portrayed as a good person since Esperanza relies on him daily, and a few men that appear (similarly to the majority of the women) only once, including a man who is married to a woman that he beats constantly (hinted a prostitute, she isn't mentioned with the woman since she herself isn't talked about). Men reading this book may find themselves frustrated with the fact that any messages that the book attempts to convey comes at the expense of portraying men as rapists and abusive.

The plot and writing style of this book is beyond words; the author isn't trying to write an engaging or interesting story, and while I understand that it is in a vignette writing style and plot isn't the main point, nothing connects or makes any sense unless you actually take every single vignette story in the book, take them all out of order, and place them on a separate timeline.

Thank you to anyone who read this lengthy review, and if you have to read house on mango street, good luck.

Teen, 16 years old Written byEva1322 March 23, 2021
The house on mango road is a book about a little girl, named Esperanza, who discusses her youth. The one thing I loved about the book was that it identifies with genuine world. It talks about points, for example, kid misuse, rape (alongside different types of assault), and even includes living in poverty. The book likewise incorporates different things teens ordinarily face-the high points and low points of kinship. Esperanza respects (her companion) Sally's excellence and style. Nonetheless, appreciating and following Sally has placed Esperanza in risky circumstances. For instance when Sally left Esperanza and left her helpless, which prompted a gathering of young men attacking Esperanza. Another normal thing is Esperanza's internal conflict. In the same way as other youngsters, Esperanza has no confidence in herself. She calls herself ugly and even says she deserves to be in hell and that it wouldn’t surprise her if she ended up there. Be that as it may, all through the book you can perceive how she changes. You can perceive how Esperanza has character advancement.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymsandoval1322 March 12, 2021

I didn't hate the book but i didn't like it

The House on Mango Street is a book about a young girl, named Esperanza, who talks about her childhood.The one thing I did like about the book was that it relates to the real world. It discusses topics such as child abuse, rape (along with other forms of sexual assault), and even includes living in poverty. The book also includes other things teens commonly face- the ups and downs of friendships. Esperanza admires (her friend) Sally’s beauty and style. However, admiring and following Sally has put Esperanza in dangerous situations. For example when Sally left Esperanza and left her vulnerable, which led to a group of boys assaulting Esperanza. Another common thing is Esperanza’s internal conflict. Like many teens, Esperanza lacks self-confidence and independence. She calls herself ugly and even says she deserves to go to hell. But throughout the book you can see how she changes. You can see how Esperanza has character development.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMe...probably March 5, 2021

Why was this written?

This book was disjointed and badly written. The stories had no connection to each other. Every chapter is incredibly short. The longest chapter that I remember was about four pages long; it detailed the sexual assault of a teen or preteen (ages are not made clear in this book). The other chapters tended to range from about five sentences to almost a page long. The story is not really about the author (or her physical house), but rather, a bunch of random characters. Esperanza, the main character, had little to no development. I and my class were under the impression she was seven or eight years old at the beginning of the book. As the book goes on, you start to read things about her trying to get into high school and her attraction to men. You are led to believe that she is older, but then the author seems to get confused and goes back to the idea that Esperanza is a naive little girl.
Something that comes up over and over is the idea that all men are evil. She talks about men as though they are guaranteed to rape or sexually assault someone at least once in their life. She herself was assaulted twice (I think) and it is implied that she was raped. She talks about a number of underage girls who are getting married. I feel the author is attempting to write like she thinks a kid would, but she ends up just seeming unintelligent. In my personal opinion, the author wasn't even trying to use symbolism. Literature teachers just squeeze our brains until we can think of something and call it symbolism. The book itself feels like it was written by a six year old with ADHD on cocaine. It jumps around from stupid story to stupid story. This makes it hard to take her seriously, when she deals with something important and terrible, like sexual assault or rape of a child. She writes it in an emotionless way that makes it impossible to feel any connection with the characters. She talks about a number of people dying without a second thought. You get the sense that the author had a good idea but was an awful writer.
The cover of the book describes it as sensitive, alert, and nuanceful. I assure you, you won't find any of those intelligent words in this book.
WHY WAS THIS WRITTEN?
Teen, 16 years old Written byLaurenalligood February 28, 2021

The House on Mango Street

The book was good but was hard to follow, I rated to three because I liked the storyline.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybooklover3237 December 21, 2020

Good literary book.

The House on Mango Street is a coming-of-age book. It shows how people want to grow up, but don’t understand the “consequences” of growing up. It shows how childhood innocence can be lost without even realizing that it’s gone. The House on Mango Street shows how kids/teens should cherish their childhood before it’s too late.

Teen, 16 years old Written byerbarrett12304 October 10, 2020

The House on Mango Street

This book was alright. It was a little confusing to follow sometimes. That is why I rated it three stars.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjessflower December 15, 2019

The House On Mango Street Review

The short story ,̈The House On Mango Street” by Sandra Cisneros, is made with a lot of soul and heart. After reading this book I have discovered many things about myself and how I can relate to many of these characters. Not only is this book full of culture,real life situations but will bring out emotion and laughter.
̈The House On Mango Street ̈, takes place in a small brick made house in Chicago. This is where a 12 year old latina girl named Esperanza lives for a year in her life maturing emotionally and sexually. The overall plot is Esperanza is trying to find her way to maturity ,so she can find her way out of the house on mango street and where she is willing to leave her family behind. I mainly enjoyed how soul lifting this book was. The main character Esperanza really connects with the reader on many notes about maturity.
The short story ,̈The House On Mango Street ̈, by Sandra Cisnero , is a 10 out 10. I would recommend this book to both parents and children. Overall this book will have you relating to many of the situation and discovering many things about yourself.
Teen, 15 years old Written byangel.chavez October 5, 2019

Semi Interesting

Its good for teenagers but it isnt for adults or kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnt10 August 31, 2019

Outdated and Disappointing.

This book shouldn't even be used in the modern world we live in anymore. It's a discombobulated mess of Sandra Cisneros. I can see why many schools across America have banned this book. I was assigned this book for Summer to read and do 43 SUMMARIES of every chapter. Me being a student who gets good grades and starts things early decided to descend to the madness equivalent of Dante's Inferno. Only to find this book is darker than the hell of his journey. This book gives off bad vibes to a whole new level. Now, you might think I'm ranting at this point, but let's look at the bigger picture and figure out why this book is a disgrace to the writing at the time. First, how Cisneros wrote this book is completely jaw-shocking. You might be talking about Esperanza's experience in the Monkey Garden ( In it's self the 2nd worst chapter in the book) and to make you feel more uneasy, talk about the red clowns chapter the next ( worst chapter in the book). Educational value is very little in this book as it portrays most males as the villains in this book. The reason for this is simple, THE BOOK WAS WRITTEN IN THE 1980'S! Too many teachers use this as educational value to torture the poor souls that are meant to study the best literary content the world as ever seen, not to see a short story catastrophe. To the teachers reading who are teaching the following grades, 7th-8th, I would suggest the following books instead :
7th grade: The Outsiders, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, A Wrinkle in Time
8th Grade: The Hobbit, Anne and Green Gables
The lack of role models in this book is astonishing and the only clear ones I can see are Alice and Esperanza's mom. Also Esperanza is just a demoralizing character for a book. They make a bad community around her make her coming-of-age adventure so awkward and weird. Its the author gathered all the different stories she ever written about different characters in different stories and try to attempt what a scientist would do. Mix chemicals together or in a better perspective, water and oil. And it's a very short book. Don't read it ever in your lifetime. If a teacher recommends it to you for summer work, file a complaint. I ended up not doing it because they recalled the summer assignment. I'm out. Note: This article is based on a opinion.

Teen, 14 years old Written bydiamond-star August 18, 2019

the house on mango street

I think this is a great book because it's about culture ,struggles ,and you can relate to it specially if you're Hispanic and sometimes feels like if your name doesn't suit you . what I like about this book is that esperanza doesn't give up and fights for her dreams.

Teen, 15 years old Written bySpikeo123-432 August 8, 2019

Options for Youth review

The book "House on Mango Street" by Sandra Cisneros about a young girl named Esperanza who struggles with her life in a Chicago neighborhood. Throughout the book, Esperanza meets various characters that help her throughout her life, though some of them actually betray her. Esperanza also writes poems about her life and even shows one of them to her neighbor. Later on in the book, she starts slipping into puberty, and likes it when all of the boys watch . her. She then meets Sally, who is seen as a pretty and sexually bold too but also lives with an abusive father. Esperanza and Sally's friendship was later compromised when Sally ditched Esperanza for a boy at a carnival. As a result, it is implied that Esperanza gets raped by three boys. Also, when she is working at her first job, an elderly man tricked her into kissing him on the lips. After her traumatic experiences, she is desperate to leave Mango Street. At the end of the book however, she later comes to accept that she can never fully leave Mango Street.

Honestly, I think the book is okay, but it's also kind of a mess too because she meets a lot of people that never appear later on in the book and there might be an instance where most of the people she met happened in the past. Also, the parts where Esperanza gets raped by three boys and molested by an old man was unnecessary in the book and shouldn't even be in there. This book is kind of like a huge poem, but in a style of a book, but if you want to read it go ahead.

Teen, 14 years old Written byGggkkkkl August 1, 2019

I had to reread it

When I first started reading it, I was confused. Mostly because the house on mango street is not what I expected. By that I mean it is not a continuous story. It is in vignettes, which made no sense. Like others have said, some characters never get mentioned again, storylines never get thoroughly explained. A lot of times I was left wondering what happened next, but I never got the answers. The book isn’t all that bad though, I give it 3 stars because of Sandra Cisneros amazing poetry. When I reread the story ( just to keep my self from forgetting) I understood it better from the first time I read it. Some of the storylines were heartbreaking. I would recommend reading this is you like to be left wondering.

Teen, 15 years old Written byjcoronado July 16, 2019

The House on Mango is a very interesting book i think you should read it if your into reading . i personally does not like reading and what i liked about it is that it has more than one person than just one

Teen, 17 years old Written byanonymouslyssa July 16, 2019
i feel that this book is very well written an organized. esperanza is my favorite character trough out the book although she is the main character. the plot of the book is about a young teenage girl who moves to a new house on mango street and does not like it at all." Like it or not, Esperanza has to face the fact that her experiences on Mango Street have shaped her identity. Somehow, the place that Esperanza has lived for a year has become part of who she is".