All member reviews for The Invasion of the Boy Snatchers: A Clique Novel

Mean, label-loving girls are awful role models.

Parent of a 11 and 18+ year old Written byrainydayqueen August 3, 2009

The Clique Is Awesome....Except for Sexual Behavior

I love The Clique series especially this book but this book does have some sexualbehavior by 13 and 12 year olds.A girl wears very revealing outfits including tight low rise jeans,a fur covered coat that doesn't cover her midriff,a gold tube top that her breasts don't fit into and see through harem pants.She also talks about kissing boys and having them at her 4th grade parties, jokes about her virginity,and uses her breasts and sexual dancing to get boys attention.Another characther longs for a kiss from her boyfriend but accidently kisses her friends crush thanks to her friends cousin"Nina the Sex Machina".A girl takes off her bra in class and throws it across the room.Girls talk about cup sizes,kissing and looking sexy.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bycliquegirl98 November 7, 2009

perfect for ages 9 and up.

I LOVE these books. I have read all of the books up to Invasion Of The Boy Snatchers one and is almost done with it and it's only been about 3 months. I'm always reading them. I think it is appropriate for ages 9 and up. The main story line is that a spoiled girl with a rich daddy in charge of her own exclusive clique has her daddy's poor friends move into their guest house with their son thats one or two grades lower and their daughter who is in the same age as massie the main character and she tries to join the clique and when she finally gets in massies other friends try to get their friends and cousin to join.
Parent of a 13, 15, and 17 year old Written byparents4lyfe November 10, 2011

Absolutely Disgusting.

OMG. This book is DISGUSTING! Last year I went through my 15 year old daughter's room and I saw this book hidden in her nightstand. Curious to know what it was about, I read a page here and there and all I have to say is that it is definitely not even appropriate for children of any age! If you want your children to grow up right, don't feed them anything with a bad message, and this book sure has the biggest bad message I have ever seen. Do not allow your children to read this trashy, poorly-written book.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byCommon critic January 21, 2011

4 stars

My daughter used to read these books but I still feel like reviewing it.I don't have a problem with this hook.a bunch of snooby girls butthats not a concern to me at all
Teen, 13 years old Written byGhillie December 26, 2010

How Not to Act

These books are good if girls get that it is making fun of mean girls. They have a lot of examples of how to stand up for yourself, and Claire is a good role model. The Pretty Committee is an example of "how not to act". I love this book!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAlley B August 20, 2010

Fun, easy read

This is a good series if you are looking for a quick "junk food" read for a teen. However, there are a few concerns: the ideas about rich girls and popular cliques is appealing to most girls because they want to be "just like that". Whatever satire this book was meant to portray is completely lost in the enthusiastic, slightly obsessive way the author writes about these girls' wealthy, pampered lifestyles. A fun choice for a teen girl if you are up for discussions on bullying and cliques.
Kid, 11 years old January 12, 2012

Ah-mazing series!

I think this is an ah-mazing series of books. They are a fun read and teach girls a bit a bout what life as a teen may be like. Some people say that they a bad role models, but if they think hard they show them what not to be like. The girls how read these can learn from their mistake, and not learning them the hard way.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycinnagurl May 30, 2011

for tweens to learn about what not to do and stay away

i read this book when i was 10. and im still reading the series
Kid, 12 years old March 14, 2011

Common Sense is too harsh!!

The Clique is a great series!!! It's better than what Common Sense makes it out to be, trust me. I've read every book and absolutely adored each one. Boys R Us is probably my favorite. Or P.S. I Loathe You. Or My Little Phony. Or Bratfest at Tiffany's. Oh, I just love them all.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypeacelovecutie February 1, 2011

Great book!

I love this book and every other book in the Clique series. It teaches you about bullying from both girls' perspective. It even shows the insecure side of a girl who seems totally confident, to remind girls that everyone is insecure at some time, even if they don't appear so. I even managed to stop hating Massie after I read the first few books! This book isn't just about cliquey, preppy junior high girls that compete for popularity and act snobby to keep at the top. It's revealed that not everything revolves around being popular. There's no need to worry about this! The consumerism and all is just fun to play with. It's not like it's a big commercial to get girls to buy designer clothes. I would've rated this as a 9+ book, but I don't think 9-year-olds would understand everything in this book. It's more like a book for pre-teens and tweens.
Parent Written byKateandWillsMom March 18, 2014

Boob Job, Wet T Shirt Contest, Major Cleavage, Slut: In Massies's Own Words ...

"It Sucks!" This book is disgusting and is not appropriate for tweens. I am shocked that the CSM review mentions consumerism and mean girl actions as the "what you need to know." In my opinion, those things pale in comparison to the awful sexual content of the book. By page 50 I had read enough. Unfortunately, my 10 year old 4th grader (who is pretty mature) read this at the suggestion of the local libarian before I did. I was shocked that the librarian would recommend this garbage for a 10 year old. I understand that 'kids today' know more than I did at this age, but I don't think my 10 year old needs to read about boob jobs, wet T shirt contests, major cleavage, and sluts.
Kid, 12 years old February 1, 2012

Good Book.

Nice book...... don't let your kids be the little version of Nina or Massie!!! Ha ha....
Teen, 15 years old Written byTeenParent15 January 24, 2012

Sooo dumb!

These books are good if you want someone to make fun of just because they are so stupid and in real life Massie would get her *** kicked!
Kid, 12 years old September 12, 2010
Kid, 12 years old August 13, 2013

THE CLIQUE

Come on, its not bad. Just because its a good book doesnt mean well do that. Sexual Ref. B***h thats it. We dont want to be bullies. OK!!!!
Kid, 10 years old October 13, 2012

Actually quite entertaining

I read this series at 8 and understood it well enough. Actually entertaining reads for kids who know how to handle the messages. (generally because the girls are so catty, self-obsessed, and stupid it's funny) There are about two brand names on each page of the book and THAT is annoying. But as long as you have a chat to your kid about how to make use of these stories, I think it's okay for 10 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written by889790 April 23, 2011

A great read for teens

I personally love The Clique series!!! They are a great guilty-pleasure, and actually have a positive, but almost hidden, message, because Lisi Harrison obviously is making fun of materialistic girls who are snobby. However, Lisi does a great job of understanding teens, and I ended up loving all the girls in these books! This series is probably not appropriate for girls who don't yet understand that these books are poking fun at snobby girls, and won't find the real message. Also, this particular book is one of the more inappropriate if the series. Over all, I love these books and am very sad that the series is over!
Parent Written byCommonSenseParent November 23, 2010

Excellent, well-written read for 3rd grade and up

Invasion of the Boy Snatchers is a well-written guilty pleasure novel that is an enjoyable and entertaining read for 3rd grade and up. Kids will enjoy the tongue-in-cheek comebacks and the fun details of the wealthy and privileged. Your children should be smart enough to realize that this is guilty pleasure fiction and should not be taken seriously. A+
Teen, 13 years old Written byclarinet293 November 16, 2010
I loved this series and I love this whole series!!
Kid, 12 years old August 11, 2010