All member reviews for The Invasion of the Boy Snatchers: A Clique Novel

Teen, 13 years old Written by889790 April 23, 2011

A great read for teens

I personally love The Clique series!!! They are a great guilty-pleasure, and actually have a positive, but almost hidden, message, because Lisi Harrison obviously is making fun of materialistic girls who are snobby. However, Lisi does a great job of understanding teens, and I ended up loving all the girls in these books! This series is probably not appropriate for girls who don't yet understand that these books are poking fun at snobby girls, and won't find the real message. Also, this particular book is one of the more inappropriate if the series. Over all, I love these books and am very sad that the series is over!
Kid, 12 years old August 13, 2013

THE CLIQUE

Come on, its not bad. Just because its a good book doesnt mean well do that. Sexual Ref. B***h thats it. We dont want to be bullies. OK!!!!
Kid, 10 years old October 13, 2012

Actually quite entertaining

I read this series at 8 and understood it well enough. Actually entertaining reads for kids who know how to handle the messages. (generally because the girls are so catty, self-obsessed, and stupid it's funny) There are about two brand names on each page of the book and THAT is annoying. But as long as you have a chat to your kid about how to make use of these stories, I think it's okay for 10 and up.
Kid, 12 years old February 1, 2012

Good Book.

Nice book...... don't let your kids be the little version of Nina or Massie!!! Ha ha....
Teen, 15 years old Written byTeenParent15 January 24, 2012

Sooo dumb!

These books are good if you want someone to make fun of just because they are so stupid and in real life Massie would get her *** kicked!
Kid, 11 years old January 12, 2012

Ah-mazing series!

I think this is an ah-mazing series of books. They are a fun read and teach girls a bit a bout what life as a teen may be like. Some people say that they a bad role models, but if they think hard they show them what not to be like. The girls how read these can learn from their mistake, and not learning them the hard way.
Kid, 9 years old July 14, 2011

Great Book!

This book is great! You need to know if your kid is mature, because this book talks about boob jobs, and whatnot. It has some crude humor (girls fake-laughing about not taking overweight people lightly) and it talks about something being hell. That is the only cuss word I have seen in this book so far, though.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycinnagurl May 30, 2011

for tweens to learn about what not to do and stay away

i read this book when i was 10. and im still reading the series
Kid, 12 years old March 14, 2011

Common Sense is too harsh!!

The Clique is a great series!!! It's better than what Common Sense makes it out to be, trust me. I've read every book and absolutely adored each one. Boys R Us is probably my favorite. Or P.S. I Loathe You. Or My Little Phony. Or Bratfest at Tiffany's. Oh, I just love them all.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypeacelovecutie February 1, 2011

Great book!

I love this book and every other book in the Clique series. It teaches you about bullying from both girls' perspective. It even shows the insecure side of a girl who seems totally confident, to remind girls that everyone is insecure at some time, even if they don't appear so. I even managed to stop hating Massie after I read the first few books! This book isn't just about cliquey, preppy junior high girls that compete for popularity and act snobby to keep at the top. It's revealed that not everything revolves around being popular. There's no need to worry about this! The consumerism and all is just fun to play with. It's not like it's a big commercial to get girls to buy designer clothes. I would've rated this as a 9+ book, but I don't think 9-year-olds would understand everything in this book. It's more like a book for pre-teens and tweens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGhillie December 26, 2010

How Not to Act

These books are good if girls get that it is making fun of mean girls. They have a lot of examples of how to stand up for yourself, and Claire is a good role model. The Pretty Committee is an example of "how not to act". I love this book!
Teen, 13 years old Written byclarinet293 November 16, 2010

I loved this series and I love this whole series!!
Kid, 12 years old September 12, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written byAlley B August 20, 2010

Fun, easy read

This is a good series if you are looking for a quick "junk food" read for a teen. However, there are a few concerns: the ideas about rich girls and popular cliques is appealing to most girls because they want to be "just like that". Whatever satire this book was meant to portray is completely lost in the enthusiastic, slightly obsessive way the author writes about these girls' wealthy, pampered lifestyles. A fun choice for a teen girl if you are up for discussions on bullying and cliques.
Kid, 12 years old August 13, 2010

Early teen read

I myself love the clique series. If your kids know not to act that way then your fine. No real girls are really like that. A couple of bad comments, like one about a boy who sticks his cell phones under girls skirts. Not good. But thats really the only bad thing. Plus the girls are rich and spoiled another minus for the book. If you are willing to overlook those minor issues then its great!
Kid, 12 years old August 11, 2010

Kid, 12 years old July 27, 2010

perfect for tweens/young teens

i heart this series!! lisi's an ah-mazing writer! i just finished sealed with a diss.
Kid, 12 years old July 16, 2010

Good for older kids; not great role models

The Clique series is awesome! They are very entertaining and enjoyable. I've read these books many times. The role models really aren't good but it's actually funny how competitive they get and how catty they are. There is some bad language and a couple more sexual references but other than those things their really good books and it's interesting to see how the fix things and try to always be on top. Good series for older kids
Teen, 16 years old Written bynerdglasses July 11, 2010

Eh.

The Clique books are entertaining... until you discover that there are meaningful books out there. Bad role models; even though they're supposed to represent how NOT to act, girls will undoubtedly want to be like the Pretty Committee. Not really worth it. Read Harry Potter or John Green or Maureen Johnson or something.
Teen, 13 years old Written byearthgurl July 4, 2010

Good and funny book! The girls show you how NOT to act!