Kid reviews for The Iron King

Magical fantasy blends science, magic, and Shakespeare.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 13 years old Written byGwen904 May 9, 2018

Lame, flat, and boring

The amount of swearing utterly horrified me. There were f-bombs and plenty of b-words and sh-words. I don't understand why CSM rated it so high. There was no education value or morals. The main character was mean, selfish, and stupid. The supporting characters were just as bad. The plot was lame and boring. It could have been better (the premise was cool) but bad characters, plot, swearing, and stereotypes ruined it.

Teen, 15 years old Written byncummings December 2, 2018

The Iron Fey

Truthfully, this is one of the best books that I have ever read, and could possibly be one of my favorites. The storyline and premise were brilliant and hooked me within the first few pages. I have read other Julie Kagawa books in the past which were just as amazing. Yes, there was swearing, but it only added to the comedy throughout this book. And I have to admit that the main character was quite cowardly at first, but there are (around) seven books in the series and the main character definitely improves in the next books, (certainly not mean or selfish or stupid). The hidden morals are inspiring and the supporting characters, in my opinion, are in no way bad at all. I adore this book and I am currently reading the fourth one in the series, Iron Knight, which I am loving thoroughly. I would definitely recommend this book, or any of the authors' books, to anyone who shares my taste in adventure fantasies.