All teen and kid member reviews for The It Girl

Teen, 14 years old Written byColor July 25, 2009

Great book for teens!

Great book! I laughed a lot! I am a teen, and do not do anything of the things mentionned in the book, but found it very entertaining. It's FICTION!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bylaurenmc422 January 20, 2009

Inappropriate for anyone under 15, Maybe mature 14 year olds.

I'm 14 and I didn't notice the back that said "15+" until I really got into the book. It's definitely inappropriate although I instantly became addicted. I would not reccomend it to my younger sister, although I would to one of my friends. It's like The Clique, only the girls are meaner on a new level of drugs and alcohol. Unless you are mature enough to understand what the girls in the story are doing is wrong, than you should not read this book. Between the student-teacher affair and the "E incident" this book is completely atrocious - but I loved every moment of it anyway! Filled with labels, most girls would probably look to buy some of these brands. I know plenty of people online who obsess over books like this (namely The Clique) and act just like the main characters. It disgusts me, but I am mature enough to not act like characters.
Teen, 13 years old Written byguccisuper5 April 9, 2008

I don't care what you say, they're good books!

I love this book!! well written. Adults, maybe when you were our age you didn't have boyfriends and designer clohes, and lots of us dont now, but some of us kids do, were not 9 years old anymore. These books are supposed to be fake and fun to read, but some parts are not that far off from real life. Just because some things aren't good in these books doesn't mean that some of them aren't true.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCameron13 June 24, 2009

loved it!

It was an awesome book! I cant wait for the second one! It may not be appropriate for children under 13 because there are some mature subjects in the book. ex. sex, drinking, and drugs. Other than that it was great.
Teen, 13 years old Written byspikiepikie09 February 22, 2009

Very addictive! Twas Amazing!

If you like the Gossip Girl series, you'll love this one and vice versa! I love this series and the books in it just get better. Although I wouldn't recommend in to any pre-teens, and it would only be suitable for 13 / 14 year olds who are very mature - other wise, it would give them a bit of a wake up call - although it is very over the top with how dramatic it is!
Kid, 12 years old September 8, 2012

Very Good Book

Kid, 9 years old April 17, 2011

ive never read it but my cousin has and said it was off for even teens. u should be a adult to read it like 18 or older.
Kid, 12 years old March 9, 2011

it is iffy in some parts but isnt over the top. series tends to drag on and repeat the same issues... easy and callie, no easy and jenny... no easy and callie...it is sorta dumb and not nurishing
Teen, 14 years old Written byegimbert October 14, 2010

I'm a teen & i am almost done with the series im on book 9 and i just can't get enough of them, they are fantstic! However, i would deffinitley not wanting my younger sister who is 12 & in the 6th grade reading it. & all the things that i clicked in orange is just the material that is in the book i don't think its to much or anything.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybpixie July 13, 2010

BOOOOORING

Kinda boring. I got a little bored after a while, so not the best. Definitely not as creative as Gossip Girl. There's a lot of brand names, although not that many. Lots of swearing, that surprised me but didn't really affect me reading it. Just really unnecessary. Although the girls are really naughty and do all sorts of drugs and bad things, most of the characters are not keen on getting in trouble, specifically the main character, Jenny, who's actually a good girl just with a lot of really bad girls. She can get sucked in, but really tries not to. Good idea for a story, although boring - as many spin-offs are.
Teen, 15 years old Written by_j July 9, 2010

DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA

LOVE IT!!! for those out there who love drama and they typical teeange life, READ IT! its worth every second (:
Teen, 14 years old Written bykittykoo June 18, 2010

I love, love, love this book... its abit boriing at sometimes but worth it. Although i would never recomend it for younger kids, only mature teens who know the rights and wrongs to life already.
Teen, 13 years old Written byERJERJERJ December 18, 2009

Fun but not ispirational

I thought it was a fun and entertaining book but for younger kids it isn't appropriate and the characters deffinately aren't role model. All they want to do is become popular
Teen, 13 years old Written byjennyhumphery September 29, 2009

The It Girl

I like how Jenny trys to leave her Upper East Side life and trys to start with a new slate . Jenny was always my favorite Gossip Girl character and didn't like how people judged her by her breast size. I have no clue what the books moral is but I still think it's really good!It made me LMAO.
Teen, 17 years old Written byfabulous_girl July 18, 2009

Perfect for Older Teens 15+ :)

I love it, I am a teen and i dont drink or have a boyfriend, but the thing is that these things happen out there and parents shouldn't ignore this because it can make it worse for the kids, you have to be honest with them and teach them right from wrong or else they wont know how to deal with situations like these. i like this book because it doesnt make says it how it is and i love the scandal i would definetly recommend this to any teen and also to lovers of Gossip Girl!! :P xoxoxoxoxox
Teen, 13 years old Written byprincessasia7676 July 8, 2009

Its a great book, if you are under 15 I recommend it-only if your that mature.

i think that this book is really good. i'm 13 and I love it! I think that all the sexual content/drugs(it talks about ecstasy but thats about it)/cigarettes are inappropriate, but if you are mature enough to know that 'everything they're doing is bad and i am never going to do this as long as i live because they're not role models' then u should be o.k.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrylie January 2, 2009

I LOVED THIS BOOK!

These books (in the it girl series) are all AMAZING. These are my favorite books of all time. As for the teacher-student thing with Brett, it ends badly and it turns out he was a sketchy character anyway so it shows that the relationship was negative. Also about the rich/ materialistic thing, the main character, Jenny isn't rich. She's still got lots of friends and is quite happy, so is it really so horrible? Plus there's no actual sex scenes and I found these books cleaner than the Gossip Girl books which I also enjoyed, although not as much. These books are very very good and I highly reccomend them.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubblesgurl011 April 9, 2008