All member reviews for The Kind of Friends We Used to Be

Accurate and heartwarming story about tween friendship.

Kid, 11 years old August 21, 2010

Recommended for girls entering middle school.

This book was very good especially for rising 6th graders or middle schoolers. It has a very helpful message and is easy to relate to.
Kid, 11 years old February 24, 2011

Yay! It's a good book

It's a really good book. I like how the author follows both of the girl's lives instead of just one girl's life.
Kid, 12 years old August 30, 2010
i
Teen, 13 years old Written bypinkpixi September 19, 2011

Very Good!

The book really shows what goes on in a 7th grader's head about what their friends will think of them if they hang out with certain people.
Teen, 14 years old Written byILOVEGARTH February 17, 2011
Teen, 14 years old Written byavidcritc June 10, 2009

pretty good for this genre

for the best-friends-are-growing-and-changing-and-also-ditching-each-other-or-being-ditched genre, this book is pretty good. the author is just funny. i haven't read the secret language of girls, which this is a sequel to, so i don't know how it compares. but it stands on its own okay. i'd recommend reading the secret etc first, though, because it probably gives you a clearer understanding of marylin and kate's relationship. there were two things i thought weren't done very well. one was marylin's abrupt decision to stop being a cheerleader and start being her own person, which seemed a little too glib, quick and easy. also, the boy kate sort of has a crush on- i can't recall his name- comes out seeming kind of like a jerk even though he clearly isn't supposed to be. other than that- it's really good. i love kate.
Teen, 14 years old Written bynon-bully102301 August 14, 2012

yay

ok I read it I and I think it is totaly fine
Teen, 13 years old Written byHolahahaha November 18, 2010

PERFECT for girls

I think that it is very helpful to children that need help but just can't find help that is good for them.
Kid, 11 years old July 28, 2010

A wonderful story for ages 8 and up

I think this book is a wonderful story about good and bad choices of friendship and the issues some may have going on in school.